Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Defender Day at Eastnor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Defender Day at Eastnor

Spent yesterday at Eastnor Castle with the New Defender, what a car and what a day out! 2 hour off road course, good fun but easy, would be more fun in the rain, and was stuck behind the worlds most frightened man, who did the entire course in Low Range 1st Gear Censored So spent the enite trip having to brake! I think he was test driving it purely to tow a caravan Twisted Evil We managed to get our 90 the dirtiest, much to the chagrin of the LR boys, any one would think they had to clean them themselves Rolling with laughter Very capable truck and much smoother and quieter, the engine is much torquier than a TD5. Then was sent off on a 1 hour pre-determined road test, the LR guy was more concerned with speeding than anything else. Could not believe that LR let you take top of the range XS Station Wagons round the off road course - more roomy and bigger tyres, then for the road test they give you a Bog standard 90 Truck cab with no bloody room. Did the Zip slide from the top turret accross the lake and then re-crossed the lake on a tyrolean bridge (hard work on the arms) Then a spot of clay pigeon shooting and home. All in all a great day out and well worth booking Thumbs Up Hats off to Landrover for such a fantastic venue as well.
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Post #1544244th May 2007 12:29 pm
croyde

Was this the complimentary offer that LR have been handing out. Didn't raelise that clay pigeon shooting was involved Very Happy

Post #1544524th May 2007 2:50 pm
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

It was the full day course "Adventure by appointment" There are 2 different offers half day drive or full day play at everything.
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Post #1544554th May 2007 3:16 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
2007 Defender Activity Day at Eastnor Castle

I did this today. Thanks to Rob Beaumont who invited me after his wife decided not to go.
It was a fantastic day out - in fact one of the best days yet.

Firstly, greeted with coffee, bacon rolls and sticky buns. Oh and a very large collection of 2007 Defenders.
Then had a 1hr on road drive of any 2007 Defender body shape you chose. You had to follow the sat nav course.
Then back for more coffee.
Then a 1.5hr off-road drive in another 2007 Defender.
Then back for a cracking sit down meal in an spectacular caste room.
Then spent the afternoon around the castle undertaking the many activities. There was gun dog demonstrations, massage, clay shooting, wall climbing, mountain biking, zip wire, abseiling and more.

The zip wire was from the top of one of the castle turrets was fantastic. It was very long - from the castle top right to the opposite side of the lake. A scary climb up - involved ladders and a tight hatch. Then sitting over the side of the turret was something that I thought I'd never do. It was one hell of an experience.

Then did a rope wire traverse across the lake. Harder work than it looked.

Then spent about 3/4 hour clay pigeon shooting. Had two goes as it was quiet. There were at least three shooting locations and the one at the far side of the lake wasn't attracting many visitors - which was great for us.

Then visited the butcher who had a hut in the wood and was sampling smoked meats and cheese. Came away with a free goodie bag.

Then back to the castle for cream tea.

One hell of a day. Thank you Land Rover.

And to top the day off, I brought a Defender tonight. Not a new 2007, but a 1990 County 90.
I'm buzzing this evening!

See someones Youtube video at
Shows the zip wire near the begining.
 Matt  
Post #15855518th May 2007 2:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sounds great Matt, I am waiting for my invite to drop through the door!

Glad you got a Land Rover in the end. Thumbs Up

Post #15860318th May 2007 9:07 am
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I was up there on Wednesday Thumbs Up , it was an awesome day. It was quite a squeeze getting through the opening to get to the top of the turret to do the zip wire/abseiling wasn't it Wink Best was when a group of us were waiting to do the zip wire, there was a macho bloke who chickened out after he saw the yellow flash of my wife heading out across the lake screaming at the top of her voice. Rolling with laughter
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #15863418th May 2007 9:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >