Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

dealer aggro
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
gingerbiker

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3
dealer aggro

after a very long day at work do you mind if I vent my frustration?

Last weekend a letter arrives...'would you like us to MOT your D3?'; ignore it as its not due for a month or so

same weekend, about 10 minutes after the letter was shredded orange fault lights on dash- suspension (to be fair its a whole 6 weeks since it had a new compressor Rolling Eyes ) so call the stealers and book it in to be collected on Friday

last monday a call ..'would you like us to MOT your D3?' say yes as its going in anyway, but stress I need a 7 seat car when its in, as its my sons birthday and 5 of his friends are joining us to canoe on saturday

told collection not possible, but can i drop it off

leave work early on friday, mucho stress, get to the dealers and no cars availiable at all let alone a 7 seater, so have wasted an hour or so and have to take the car away; however they offered to collect it on monday

so this monday i go to work, get a taxi to the train station and travel off to london and the car is collected; the arrangement is they will bring it back Thursday ,before 9.15am as after getting back at 11.00pm wednesday night and being in work at 7.45am the next day its off to another fun conference, before going back to real work for an hour or two and then off to a Governors meeting

can anyone guess what happened???

no car returned, no one knows it was supposed to be brought back, car fails to turn up all day so i scrounge a lift home and have to ride to work in the morning. no one could call me after work to tell me whats going on; strange but when i was thinking of buying the car they could call at anytime

in the five months i have had my D3 we have had a new EPB and 2 screamers cleaned/adjusted, a new compressor, an idiot caravaner incident, an rubbish paint job am i right to feel let down or just a spoilt middle aged fool who feels like hes turning into his dad!

Post #36104716th Oct 2008 10:27 pm
davesimmons

Canada 

Go on.... who's the dealer then, is it Yorks' finest Confused
 Welcome to the Global Warming Corner.  
Post #36105116th Oct 2008 10:35 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Wouldn't be Rocar Moores would it Embarassed

My car was delivered from them (see my Gallery). Was so bad that I'm driving a new one Whistle

But I am still waiting for the Sales guy to ring me back. Regardless if it's them or not, I would go find yourself a new dealer as this one doesn't seem to be up to the job . . .

Good dealer and will will be well Thumbs Up
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #36105216th Oct 2008 10:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
90BHP

If it is Rocar Moores walk away quick, and remind them that they can't PDI if their lives depended on it !!!!

If they can't check a new car and see the Censored obvious, what chance have you got of them fault finding, servicing or trusting them with say a collect / delivery !!

Looking at your previous problem about re-painting. They wouldn't paint mine and said I had to use my local dealer (it was a fleet car they supplied). LR Customer services were gobsmacked by their attitude.
Post #36105916th Oct 2008 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gingerbiker

large glass of red wine= much calmer

wont name and shame the dealer,,but its very close to the river Tees, and near Middlesbrough

sorry, no prizes for any right answers

Post #36107216th Oct 2008 11:05 pm
flinty99

England 

The place to go for work is a little further north Thumbs Up , some where in between Durham and Newcastle. Where an angle stands on a hill is a great Land Rover Approved Service Centre. No problems yet Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #36108116th Oct 2008 11:17 pm
90BHP

Sounds like you are being too kind. The idea of naming pants service is to help others avoid the same.

Your choice but the service you've had from "them" would mean a minimum of walk away and go find another dealership ?
Post #36108216th Oct 2008 11:18 pm
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Gingerbiker,
Your story is exactly the same as mine same length of ownership and almost exact same problems. Big Cry Big Cry 90bhp is right you are being too kind, I have complained to the service manager at my branch and service has improved but not enough to make me want to take my car back again. However I have recently received a letter direct from LR asking me to fill in an official LR complaints form and that they are "extremely concerned" to hear of my problems. Thumbs Up Must have been reading the site. It seems to me that we sometimes appear have more problems with "some of the dealers" (apologies to the good guys) than we do with the cars which is unforgiveable. As the reliability of the D3 gets better, and it obviously is, the bad press due to poor service will still remain and the only way LR can deal with it, assuming they want to, is if we let them know. Name and shame and be done with it let LR know as well.
I will be filling my form out and taking my business elsewhere. There are plenty of excellent dealers wanting our business. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Trev

Post #36116117th Oct 2008 9:29 am
gingerbiker

todays developments

car fails to turn up from dealer

no phone call from dealer

I called them at 12.30, asked for a definite 'your problems are all solved, the MOT is done and it will be with you all clean and shiny by 3.00pm' return phone call to be made to me within 30mins

surprise surprise that was 31 mins ago!!

Post #36126317th Oct 2008 1:07 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Just hope this isn't Stratstones in Stockton!!
Gave mine to them for the big 105k service - cos they were cheapest by miles.
Had a bit of an issue getting it back, they held onto it over the weekend when they didn't have to.
I put it down to a 'one off'
But was still contemplating on using them again ...but ....????

Confused
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #36127817th Oct 2008 1:41 pm
busaboy74

If this website became a site associated or approved by LR themselves, then there could be a proper feedback route or satisfaction reports done by owners on the product and the dealers.
Just a thought.

Post #36128217th Oct 2008 1:48 pm
Pelyma

England 

LR would never do this. But we do know that LR and the dealers look at this site, we even had the designer of the D3 come on line, as well as requests about our views of TR.

IMO we need to be bigging up the good guys and naming and shaming the bad.......... provided we are honest and truthful about the situation as well as grown up about it Rolling Eyes

In truth the difference between LRs and most of these supposedly ultra reliable cars is the experience people get in the dealerships.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #36129217th Oct 2008 1:56 pm
gingerbiker

2.00pm they just phoned: about to start doing the MOT (the one they were supposed to be doing on Monday!)

aarrgh! Big Cry

Post #36130617th Oct 2008 2:27 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
IMO we need to be bigging up the good guys and naming and shaming the bad.......... provided we are honest and truthful about the situation as well as grown up about it Rolling Eyes

Totally agree with you there Pelyma.
If it's good enough for schools, hospitals etc to be named, praised & shamed, it should be good enough for LR dealers.
It'll save fellow members experiencing hassle when they don't have to, esp when there's a better alternative named elsewhere.
So c'mon GB ..who is it!!
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #36130917th Oct 2008 2:47 pm
Scout Leader

United Kingdom 
who is it

Ginger biker is it sorted yet? I will be driving past Stratstone in Stockton on Tees in about half an hour (oops have I just named and shamed). Sorry but I really have an issue about how Land Rover / Tata allow what is effectively a monopoly situation with regard to dealerships where more or less every one from the Tees to Perth in Scotland ( yes I know there are a few exceptions but only a few) is a Stratstones to continue. Sorry rant over but my experience of said branch is poor too!! Twisted Evil

Post #36132617th Oct 2008 3:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >