Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

De-mist programme + off button = strsnge fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
De-mist programme + off button = strsnge fault

Right, when I have the demister on (programme or just front/ rear demister) and use the OFF button to cancel them the sat nav and radio blip off and the yellow EPB lamp illuminates on the dash.

Any ideas?

It's obviously not a major issue but it's not right, so would like to get it sorted.

Bear with me ifI dont reply to any answers, my router has broken and I am borrowing internet when I visit peoples houses.

Its an 05 SE.

Thanks, James
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #5726911st Jan 2010 9:38 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The demist program requires the A/C to be on, you switch on and off with the same switch. If you pressed the switched marked off you switch off the A/C (in fact I think al CC) so the demist wont' work. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Last edited by caverD3 on 2nd Jan 2010 11:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5727932nd Jan 2010 2:27 am
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Not ever heard of that strange combination, but when strange seemingly unrelated things start happening in a car, my first call would be to strip and clean the common grounding points. Looking isn't good enough as they can look ace yet be corroded inside.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #5728762nd Jan 2010 12:53 pm
J@mes

caverD3 wrote:
The demist program requires the A/C to be on, you switch on and off with the same switch. If you pressed the switched marked off you switch off the A/C (in fact I think al CC) so the demist wont' work. Idea

Not sure what this has to do with my fault.... Question

Now found it only does it rarely, so will keep an eye on it!
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #5737564th Jan 2010 9:01 am
caverD3

The off button on the dash switches the entire sytem off, it will not just cancel the demist to do that you just press the same button again. Rear window demist will stay on when I switch mine off with the off button.
If you are getting faults when you switch off the whole system when in demist program then the software maybe getting confused. Maybe get the dealer to do a reflash and see. There maybe a software patch for the climate control and/or sat nav. Idea

The rear demist and the rear door diversity antenna are integrated as well so that is a possibility.

Low battery can do weird things so just the voltage with engine off.

Just some thoughts. Very Happy
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5737604th Jan 2010 9:49 am
J@mes

Yeh I understand that the OFF button does the whole lot, and that it can be switched off individually by pressing the same button, just wasn't sure why the nav/ radio was going off!

Smile
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #5737624th Jan 2010 9:55 am
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Do you get the same issue when you just use the demist button? I think that was the question that was implied by stating that you're switching the whole lot off.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #5737654th Jan 2010 10:06 am
caverD3

If it is happening when you press the same button again I would think may be the rear demist causing a problem with the sat nav. Idea

Do you get it when you just press the rear screen button?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #5737684th Jan 2010 10:11 am
J@mes

I'll give it a try next time I have the car out and the fault shows itself! must have tried it 20 times since I posted this thread with no issue!
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #5739634th Jan 2010 3:19 pm
caverD3

J@mes wrote:
must have tried it 20 times since I posted this thread with no issue!

Typical fault really then. Laughing
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #5744165th Jan 2010 1:31 am
nashvegas

United States 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4
I would bet you have water ingress in the floorboards

I would bet you may have water on the right side front floorboard or firewall area (drivers in UK, passenger side in USA). When I had a water leak thru my a-pillar on my passenger floor from a sunroof drain tube, the oil pressure light came on and my ACC / climate control went crazy. When I turned the AC on and off with the econ button, the warning lights on the cluster (a few of them) would go on and off. Oil pressure light would come on if the AC was on, but if AC was off, no oil pressure light. And also, the ventilation fan would remain ON when the entire AC/climate control system was off.

I know -- made no sense to me -- but it was water in the floor in the harness. I dried it out, fixed the leaks -- it was only in there for a day... and all is well. But I cant imagine if I'd left it there, my harness / fusebox / etc would have probably corroded.

Post #5744335th Jan 2010 4:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >