Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Very Dangerous Discovery TDV6?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Ken

Quite possibly you’ll never understand about the complexities of the LR Binoculars

Post #8133830th Aug 2006 8:09 am
Jamo

Australia 

Indeed, use or even mention of the LR binoculars requires careful deliberation and deep thought. Bow down

I'm not sure any of us really undertand their workings!
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #8134130th Aug 2006 8:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

DiscoSteve wrote:
Basically the wheels just locked up and the car came skidding to a halt, reversing managed to free up it up allowing it to then be driven home very slowly (it was only a mile from home down country lanes at the time). I will try and find out some more info about what the dealer said tomorrow and will then post it up.
Steve, this is an entirely different situation from the one suggested in the first post.
There is (was) a known problem with a restricted number of handbrake shoe hold-down pins. in the majority of cases, this just resulted in excessive brake dust on the rear wheels and occasionally rear brake noise. It is entirely feasable that your situation of the rear brakes momentarily locking could occur due to this defect, although I think it's important to distance your experience from the one described at the start of this thread.

It's likely that you will have had replacement brake shoes, hold-down kit, EPC actuator (which has the park brake cables fitted to it) backing plate and brake discs / pads fitted. The TSB reference is LA206-002, up to VIN 6A357844

Post #8135030th Aug 2006 9:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
catweasel

DickyH wrote:
What is all this about binoculars? I've gathered it's some sort of in joke on this board aimed at anyone who even suggests that a D3 could have a problem, but we've already established that anyone who thinks like that must be out of their mind. So, what is the binocular thing exactly?
well if you cared to read the threads in more detail you would know and if you knew how to use the search function you could find out. this whole forum is set up to address faults issues with the D3 and for upgrades and general banter, so your suggestion of people thinking and posting the D3 has a problem and will be shot down is at the least laughable. its the nosensical posts and rubbish and unfounded tripe that gets shot down. grow up
further more, anything manufactured by man at some point will fail and have lemons, not just cars and not just Land Rover
Thud Thud Thud

Post #8142830th Aug 2006 1:40 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Careful CW ...you'll only end up giving yourself a big thrombosis Shocked
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8143330th Aug 2006 1:51 pm
catweasel

I know what I'd like to obstruct, friggin muppets Thud
anyway you can't get blood from a stone Wink

Post #8143630th Aug 2006 1:54 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

catweasel wrote:
I know what I'd like to obstruct, friggin muppets Thud
anyway you can't get blood from a stone Wink

you can if you hit the right spot mate Wink

Post #8144130th Aug 2006 2:05 pm
DiscoSteve

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

10forcash wrote:
Steve, this is an entirely different situation from the one suggested in the first post.
There is (was) a known problem with a restricted number of handbrake shoe hold-down pins. in the majority of cases, this just resulted in excessive brake dust on the rear wheels and occasionally rear brake noise. It is entirely feasable that your situation of the rear brakes momentarily locking could occur due to this defect, although I think it's important to distance your experience from the one described at the start of this thread.

It's likely that you will have had replacement brake shoes, hold-down kit, EPC actuator (which has the park brake cables fitted to it) backing plate and brake discs / pads fitted. The TSB reference is LA206-002, up to VIN 6A357844

You are right, i just found out and apparently one of the pins fell out from one of the brakes. As I said i didn't read the whole thread so I didn't know if they had actually discovered what happened to that discovery Wink

People on this site seem real touchy about people saying any thing against discoverys...

Post #8146830th Aug 2006 9:39 pm
catoperator

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Alveston RedDiscovery 3

catweasel wrote:
DickyH wrote:
What is all this about binoculars? I've gathered it's some sort of in joke on this board aimed at anyone who even suggests that a D3 could have a problem, but we've already established that anyone who thinks like that must be out of their mind. So, what is the binocular thing exactly?
well if you cared to read the threads in more detail you would know and if you knew how to use the search function you could find out. this whole forum is set up to address faults issues with the D3 and for upgrades and general banter, so your suggestion of people thinking and posting the D3 has a problem and will be shot down is at the least laughable. its the nosensical posts and rubbish and unfounded tripe that gets shot down. grow up
further more, anything manufactured by man at some point will fail and have lemons, not just cars and not just Land Rover
Thud Thud Thud

and catweasel if you read the posts you would see i wrote you will be shot down its called light hearted fun to be honest i think it quite sad how you have to rise and take the bait .......all they have to do is reel you all in ... grow up

Post #8147130th Aug 2006 9:46 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

DiscoSteve wrote:
People on this site seem real touchy about people saying any thing against discoverys...

Don't get the wrong impression Steve.....it's just there are some that make it there life's work to attempt to antagonise the mainstream with alarmist crap. It's unfortunate that you have joined as we were in the middle of such an occasion Very Happy

People who have genuine problems will receive genuine help and assistance from the members....if you look back at some of the thousands of posts I hope you would see that Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8147230th Aug 2006 9:46 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

catoperator wrote:
its called light hearted fun to be honest i think it quite sad how you have to rise and take the bait .......all they have to do is reel you all in ... grow up

There is a big difference in making alarmist posts, that are a clear attempt to discredit the vehicle, and having fun.....To be 'reeled in' would be to have accepted the initial post as read...which I don't think has occured in this instance...... because it is just not credible......in any case it is the balanced intelligence of the masses who have had the last laugh with the vast majority of this thread.... Wink
Post #8148930th Aug 2006 10:33 pm
DickyH

Catweasel. Can I ask why you felt a simple question about these Landrover binoculars deserved such a volly of abuse? You should by now have realised that you also confused my comments in part with those of another poster. Your behavious is childish and inappropriate on a public forum.
If you don't mind me saying, you appear to have some serious personality issues going on. Can I suggest that you calm down and grow up? Perhaps you need to get out more.

Post #8149030th Aug 2006 10:36 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Please keep all comments in keeping with the tone of the entire site - that is helpful, friendly and welcoming.

Post #8149430th Aug 2006 10:46 pm
DickyH

Thank you Martin Very Happy

Post #8149530th Aug 2006 10:52 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Sorry but I am on CW's side here. Can't see what he did wrong.

What I can see however, are posts proclaiming that we have issues with people who say there are faults with Discovery 3. We do not.

There are faults and issues, we have never said there were none nor ever could be any. Every product has issues, teething problems etc.

What do here is help others and at times have some fun.

We are though getting pretty annoyed at people trying to rubbish what is a damn good vehicle. And thats not just us saying its damn good. I can think of no other vehicle that has gathered quite so many accolades in such a short time for many many years.

Use the search function as requested and you will see many asking for help... and many replying with clear and very helpful advise.

Discosteve has been forthcoming with more info... others regretfully are not. They post once and disappear up their own backsides.

Some post once in a while and offer sage like advice... others just banter and add some light hearted humour (well sometimes not that light) to the site.

We are all a big mix of people and personalities here. We can take a joke... but not the continued crap that gets posted by people who are bored or are not bothered about the continuance of an excellent forum and meeting place.

What I would ask of anyone here is to have some respect towards others... god knows there is little of this left in the world today.

-s

Post #8151030th Aug 2006 11:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >