Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

D4 Sat nav in a D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 38 of 45 <123 ... 373839 ... 434445>
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I think you probably need D4 Bluetooth unit ?

I think the red numbering on the PCB is probably correct.

I think under the printing of C1071 the copper is NOT joined.

Click image to enlarge

Post #21441787th May 2020 5:02 am
GBRover

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Atacama SandLR3

matgriff wrote:

Hi, just be careful here when you say the diagram is wrong. Normally on "dual in parallel" connectors & integrated circuits pin 1 is opposite pin 14, not as you've shown here.... so taking pin 1 it would count down to pin 7 and then pin 8 starts on the opposite side and counts up to pin 14.

So looking at the bottom side of the connector here, on the top side pin 1 would normally be identified by a number 1 or more likely just a smaller marker on the PCB, can you see that ?

Of course it could be that they have broken with convention here, but the above layout is an accepted industry standard.

Regards

Mat

The PIN numbers are already verified as can be found in this thread. My numbering is based on what was laid out here as well as the physical pin numbering on the connector. In my image I am matching the pin numbers to the connector on the other side, the same numbers references here which we know to be accurate.

Post #214568113th May 2020 2:22 am
GBRover

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Atacama SandLR3

Pete K wrote:
I think under the printing of C1071 the copper is NOT joined.

Great eye, I think you are indeed correct! There does seem to be a lack of trace there. I did not notice that I had the board right in front of me.

So I guess that shoots that "issues" down, of them being the same. I think I will have to take a look at the Jag setup when I have time.

In other news... Here is the back of the display. The bottom ribbon is for touch display input. The other ribbons are seemingly for the display itself. The other small connector with four grey, one red wire are likely for illumination. It might be possible to put some sorta photocell resistor setup inline with them. But for now I put the entire unit back together and it will go back into the truck.

Post #214568213th May 2020 2:29 am
117_j

Thanks to all the contributors in this thread - lots of useful and inspriring info!

I have just attempted this, connected everything as per guide and the used screen I purchased lights up when ignition on but only displays land rover logo and never goes further, even after waiting for half an hour or so. Is there something else I need to do/press or do you guys think the unit could be faulty in some way?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Post #214745920th May 2020 8:46 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I suspect the MOST connection in some way, either the cable plug, or unit itself..
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #214746420th May 2020 8:55 am
Pete K

As said they do that with no optical connection.

Post #214769920th May 2020 10:34 pm
Motolab

As i succesfully did mount a D4 screen in my D3, the next step was to fit a camera to it..

this connection itself is covered in this topic, with alternative DIY mounting plug but i did like to have a OEM plug C2826 for the camera to use into the screen and/but could not find a good source for reasonable money (yes there is a nice Aussi guy on ebay, but 30 quid + postage for a plug... hmmmm

maybe it is covered before, but i could not find it here on the forum, so for general knowledge purposes:
my solution

i did ask arround for the plug C2826 , LR partnumber: YPC902430 alone, but none of the LR sources i wrote to did not even bothered to answer my questions regarding The availability of this plug (i did not ask all, but a few, although i did forget AF to ask, not on purpose, as i have only good experiences with him), so i searched further myself..

i did find a TECHNICAL BULLETIN
LTB00367NAS5 On the net..
https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...8-9340.pdf

in there, there is a Harness mentioned supposed to have included this plug..

LR025337 Harness - Interconnect-to-Touch Screen - Cabin
(C1184 to C2826)

and that harness incl the C2826 plug is "only" 12,xx quid (+VAT) , still not cheap but 1/2 less than the Ebay solution.. Wink Thumbs Up

sitesponsor AF can order it for you i saw on their site..

WARNING! Update 5 june 2020:
The cable
LR025337 arrived today..... and...... does not contain the oh so wanted connector Evil or Very Mad
It is just a coax cable with two equal Fakra connectors....

Strange...... as the LR bulletin said : (C1184 to C2826). And C2826 is not a Fakra connector..
To be investigated..
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Last edited by Motolab on 5th Jun 2020 6:44 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #215027330th May 2020 3:21 pm
Pete K

Did you get one?

What is on the other end?

Does it have 2 wires or 6 wires ?

Post #215033230th May 2020 6:13 pm
Motolab

I ordered it, paid it.. i presume it will be here approx next saturday,

As soon it is arrived i will update you Pete.. Thumbs Up
 Best regards
Harold

Post #215033830th May 2020 6:52 pm
Motolab

Hmmmmmmm

The cable
LR025337 arrived today..... and...... does not contain the oh so wanted connector Evil or Very Mad
It is just a coax cable with two equal Fakra connectors....

Strange...... as the LR bulletin said : (C1184 to C2826). And C2826 is not a Fakra connector..
To be investigated..
 Best regards
Harold

Post #21517805th Jun 2020 6:55 pm
Pete K

The later Bosch displays went back to fakra

Post #21517875th Jun 2020 7:07 pm
Motolab

Ok... must be something in that direction, but if a LR bulletin says : C1184 to C2826. Then it is not to be meant Fakra As C2826 is not a fakra connector.... or i understand something wrong .....
 Best regards
Harold

Post #21517925th Jun 2020 7:34 pm
DEVON

England 

Hi guys
I’m an imposter from the RRS site looking for some help . I have read this complete thread , and am a little confused Big Cry I had this mod up and running last night , but the radio just hissed, regardless of what station was selected ??
I have the D4 screen with the two fakra connections . I have also run the fakra extension Cable up to the back of the screen (along with the ABS speed sensor wire) . One end of the fakra extension is plugged into the GPS cable under the passenger seat . I also have the fakra splitter cable , so my question is .... How is this connected ? I am assuming the male end is connected to the extension , and the two female ends connect to the D4 screen (the blue plug doesn’t actually fit the white connector ) Am I totally wrong ??
What happens to the original arial connector on the back of the 6 disc radio ?
Sorry for all the questions , but your help and knowledge will be greatly appreciated Thumbs Up

Post #21580391st Jul 2020 7:13 pm
Pete K

So I believe a "D4 screen with the two fakra" is actually an RRS screen with a silver top surround

first of all put the fakra splitter away and get the rest working first.

the GPS cable from under the seat goes to the displays lower fakra connector.
Leave the Ariel cable into the headunit for now.

Get that working first....

have you got the camera working ?

Anyway, once running, you disconnect the ariel plug from the head unit, and connect the splitter to it.
Put one end back into the head unit and the other end into the displays top fakra for traffic info

You are aware of the thread on RRS
https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic55655.html

Post #21580411st Jul 2020 7:21 pm
DEVON

England 

Peter K
Thank you so much for your reply Bow down
You are indeed correct, I have the screen with the silver trim .
I am currently in the car trying your method Thumbs Up
What I don’t understand is that it worked last night on my test fit , gps had me positioned on my drive but the radio just hissed regardless of what I selected Big Cry

Ps .... I bought a connector from fleabay for my camera , so that is my next step after getting this problem sorted . Sometimes I’m a bit of an oaf when it comes to these things , I always break something or it takes me three times longer than anybody else Rolling with laughter
Once again thank you Thumbs Up

Post #21580741st Jul 2020 8:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 38 of 45 <123 ... 373839 ... 434445>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >