Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

D4 HSE Lux Battery change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Thanks Guys, I'll have a better look at the AGM batteries later.

pope227 wrote:
How are you getting on with the D4 lux in general?.

It's great, it does everything I could ever want of a car in great style, but I've not towed my boat with it yet or tried a green lane.
I'm still very convinced that I did the right thing in going for a D4 instead of a new D5 which I had the option of. I have some very specific things I don't like about the D5, although the rear end isn't one of them.

It probably sounds a little daft, but i'm still a little bit scared of the D4.

I had my D3 HSE for 9yrs and put @170K miles on it, and did everything to it myself, sometimes more than once in those miles. And I had no problems doing loads of stuff with the Nanocom Evo I had.

But the D4 HSE Lux feels like it's moved on more than I have tech wise, and the situation hasn't been helped by the fact that I even had to change my phone for a newer one so I could use the GAP IID BT I purchased.

I have done some bits and pieces to it now like fitting a set of mudguards and today I fitted my Hatchbag, so I'm starting to bond with it more.

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #211389118th Jan 2020 5:38 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I don’t know why anyone would not want SS working, I think it is brilliant and actually works, far better than on any other vehicle I have driven, it is very easy to keep the engine running if you want, just lightly touch the brakes. Also it is an excellent battery condition indicator, SS not working with no working lights means main battery needs charging or replacing, no SS with ECO light on small battery needs charging or replacing.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #211389518th Jan 2020 5:51 pm
pope227

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I agree ref stop start. No issues with it all. I’m used to it from company cars anyway so doesn’t bother me in the slightest

Glad to hear you are getting on well Nasher. Your thoughts are very similar to mine. I do have a gripe that so many simple niggly things carried forward to the D4. Weak front arms, sunroof drains, dodgy lock actuators to mention a few. I think the D3 was so far ahead of its time it was a matter of huge respect a car could do so much so well. On that base the D4 should have been even better. Having said that I’m really happy I changed mine. Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Luxury
Causeway Grey 

Post #211390018th Jan 2020 6:05 pm
Washwipe

England 

Don’t have a problem with the SS it only ever works on mine for a few days after a day on the Cetek, (to many short journeys) but if you’ve recently filled up with fuel and reset the average mpg it’s surprising how much the mpg drops while sitting at the lights, it’s nothing to see it drop four to five mpg on a slow change.

Post #211392818th Jan 2020 7:19 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

As my car doesn't get used every day, I'm wondering if its worth paying the extra and going for an Odyssey Extreme when I change mine, as I'm always getting low battery warnings and my BAS FBHIC hardly ever works due to low voltage.

Post #211410019th Jan 2020 2:07 pm
Nasher

Thanks for all the suggestions.

late yesterday I picked up a Halfords battery:
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-bl...-guarantee

I've had good life from Halfords batteries in the past, and with my Trade card plus an extra discount it was a very reasonable price, less than £130.

I did mean to charge it this morning before putting it in the D4, but it was already showing 12.4V so I swapped it over without charging it first.

The car started much quicker than it has since I've owned it, and I left it idling whilst I put the cover back on the battery compartment, tidied up my tools etc.

I turned it off and connected up my GAP IID BT, but couldn't find where the battery monitor/life settings are, perhaps somebody can point me in the right direction.

I went out for a quick drive and the Start-Stop cut in the first time I stopped, which is the first time it has done so since I've owned the car.

So all sorted now, but really worth noting that I had NO other indications that the battery was failing than the Start-Stop system being disabled.

Nasher.
Post #211419619th Jan 2020 10:46 pm
pope227

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Jobs a good in then. I don’t have an Iid but the autologic has it under gateway module I think (could be Somerfield module depending on model year maybe Whistle ). Not sure exactly what reseting BMS does but would say it must relearn the charge and usage of the car?
Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Luxury
Causeway Grey 

Post #211419919th Jan 2020 11:07 pm
Nasher

Thanks Pope227, I'm hoping somebody will be able to point me in the right direction of the BMS on the GAP IID before lunchtime today so I can have a play during my lunchbreak.

Even at 2 deg when I left home this morning the car started noticeably quicker.

I should also be able to sort out my Altox unit over the next couple of days, so I'm hoping starting it from that cold will be a thing of the past.

Nasher.
Post #211423520th Jan 2020 8:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >