Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

D4 GS Ordered today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
xtr2turbo

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
D4 GS Ordered today

Ordered a GS today with a few options to replace my 55 plate D3 that I have owned from new.

It's taken me a while to decide between just getting a Defender, another Disco and a RRS.

I have to say I'm not really a fan of how the Disco has continually moved up market and how close it is in price now to the Range Rovers. That's why I thought why not pay a bit more and get the Rangey. Problem is I don't want to look too flash with work etc..

Clearly the D4 is a great car but I think a shame there is not a 5 seat, manual base spec car still for those wanting a big, fairly utilitarian, classless tow vehicle.

I only want it for towing and load lugging and unfortunately a defender is just too cramped my 6'2" frame and I want back seats which rules out the commercial.

I am sure Landrover must be losing sales at the lower end of the market.

Anyway I got in before the price rise and the dealer gave me a pretty good discount so I am happy.

Should get the car in July.

David.

Post #9283454th May 2012 9:36 pm
GDM64

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Great choice as far as I am concerned, you must be excited!

I know what you mean about the Range Rover, they are very nice but do have a 'flash b'stard' image when you arrive in a work context. Personally I prefer the FFRR to the sport, but I am not sure I would buy a RR over the Disco as they have become a 'fancy car' and for my use, the Disco hammers it when it comes to everyday use and practicality. Dont get me wrong, I still love the FFRR too, I just think the Disco has the perfect balance of being massively capable in the stodge, huge enough to be a van when needed, but is still a great luxury car too. Unbeatable in my opinion.
If I had a RR, I wouldnt use it in the same way that I can comfortably use the Disco.

What discount did you manage to haggle with the dealer?

Post some pics of the new arrival if you get a chance...

Post #9283895th May 2012 6:43 am
met

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

youll love it, massive improvement on the d3. i bought my 59 GS from Lancaster Herts, pretty good dealer mostly happy with them. looking back i wish id have gone for an xs though, although the GS is a fantstic car ive gone on to ad some missing spec.....

Cruise, easily done with the right machinery and cheap too
xenons,HIDS 4U, if your local to Herts I can show you how, the factory halogens are utter Censored , maybe better in a new one?
the standard radio is utter Censored , no radio reception, had better in an 80's fiesta with coat hanger
roof rails, std GS didnt have them!
leather trim, again easily done for about £1100 factory ebony leather.
side steps, essential if ou have kids

i use an 11 reg range rover sport hse for work and i love it as a flash bstd company car, but with redundancies looming in a lot of site i visit its a bit wrong and somehow the disco feels a lot less like that, colleauges get in it and dont say a word, when ive used the rrs people always say oh this is a abit flash and you know they thinking youre a c&nt basically Smile well maybe thats just my work colleagues dont like me Laughing

Post #9284265th May 2012 10:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >