Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

D4 EPB Questions for the experts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jetfixeruk

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Extra Spring

My car a D4 had Ate/Land Rover shoes fitted, which had the bias spring, I supect they were the originals. The Ferodo replacement shoes I had from my independent did not have to option for the spring and did not have the lead in like the shoes in Hughmartins photo. My manual by virtue of the words "if equipped" suggests that the bias spring is optional. Though I would concede that the shoes fitted with the bias spring and lead in are probably the latest mod standard and better.

I had to change my shoes after the right hand shoe got contaminated with find dust and dragged after driving down a dirt road in the outback.

I could not get the EPB into mounting mode by following Bodsys bible (I don't have a diagnostic tool). I did get into bedding in mode, it took a few tries, speed and making sure that the selections were properly made was the key. I suspect that I will need to adjust the shoes again because the car tends to roll back on a hill if the service brake is not full applied before applying the EPB.

Post #21649891st Aug 2020 5:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >