DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 Commercial Spec Advice Please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
tank531

United Kingdom 
D4 Commercial Spec Advice Please

Dear members

1st post after reading many threads as I build up my knowledge leading towards a D4 commercial purchase later in the year. I would appreciate some feedback on several details for options that I cannot fully work out from the brochure and price list. I know from other forums I will get more information than asking my local stealer.
I am mindful of over speccing my future D4 as I don’t have money to burn and, as we know options are virtually worthless at trade-in. That said I will be adding some features and toys, the D4 will be used as a working vehicle in a real ‘commercial’ environment.
1) The 1st detail I cannot clarify is to do with the electric seat and arm rest pack (option); does this option (032DF) include memory driver seat? I have a feeling the answer is no as premium leather pack (option 033HJ) for HSE and above specifically mentions the driver seat memory feature.
2) Commercial Luxury Pack; is the navi ‘std’ or ‘premium’? The pack description does not use the word ‘premium’ but when you look at the price list (page 6/14) Information and Communication, the 'premium’ navi is shown in brackets indicating it is part of the Commercial Luxury Pack. To me is it not clear – does anyone know?
3) Finally, a subjective question for member feedback with the options below: I am not minded to pay for Cold Climate Pack ((065AE) heated seats, wheel, jets and windscreen) £950 and Timed Climate (remote FBH) £850. I was of the feeling that the Timed Climate option ((043AV) effectively just a remote FBH) will provide a compromise in warming the interior cabin and defrost to the screen for winter but also allowing for pre-cooling on warm days in summer, therefore been a slightly better compromise than taking the Cold Climate Pack. If you can only have one of these two options which one would you go for? (I have read the thread on the FBH)

Post #107263716th Mar 2013 7:02 pm
Baldylocks

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 4

I don't know about the queries you've raised on the options but I would go for the cold climate pack, it really is good in the winter and then get someone like Wiggs to sort the timed climate out for a lot less money than factory fit - off the top of my head £100 for the timed option or £375 for the timed plus remote. That way you get get both, timed climate is great on cold mornings!

Post #107285017th Mar 2013 8:39 am
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I went for the convenience pack and luxury pack which gave me leather, fogs, Satnav etc. it didn't give me electric seats or heated seats at the time but due to an error during build/dealer order I ended up with heated seats on my replacement D4.
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #107289017th Mar 2013 10:18 am
harvey6480

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hi,
My disco is disco 4 commercial
I went for the commercial luxury pack. This is manual leather seats.
It has the updated harmon kardon stereo. The premium sat nav
I also opted for the bright pack, this is auto lights (halogen, very poor) and fog lights and puddle lights.

If I was buying it again. I'd spec electric seats, xenon headlights.
Also mine is the standard 215hp, I'd opt for 255hp
I also specked the full size spare tyre. If you are using it off road. Look at ordering it on off road tyres.
Main thing, enjoy it!

Post #107305917th Mar 2013 3:37 pm
Pacebowler

United Kingdom 

Hi,

the www.buyacar.co.uk site is very good to get details of various packs and options available for the commercial discovery D4 with prices. Helps with all your homework before you talk to stealers.

btw is the satnav on these really worth £1746 (as a optional extra)?

Best

Dev

Post #107987329th Mar 2013 12:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >