DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 Cargo Version - Rear Seats modification
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
frwamati

Austria 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
D4 Cargo Version - Rear Seats modification

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought my second D4 - a D4 Cargo version. The car has 4 seats (2 single seats in the rear).

Due to the divider that separates the rear from the passenger compartement, the rear seats have been mounted so far forward (from LR) that there is hardly any leg room - this is especially a problem if i want to drive with my kids and have to use the children seats... due to the additional height that is added from the kids seats the kids dont fit at all in the rear.... (kinda stupid for a 4 seater...)

Since there would be enough space behind both rear seats to have them mounted approx. 15 cm further to the rear and get the needed leg room, i am thinking about having this done.
The only issue is that the backrest only has one position where it locks in a secure position. And this position currently doesnt allow me to move the seats any further to the rear because the backrest currently hits the divider. So i must change the angle of the backrest and get the seat to lock in position in a differnt angle.

Does anyone know how i may be able to achieve this?
Can the mechanism in the seat be adjusted to that the seat / backrest locks in a different position? I tried to dismantle the seat to see how the mechanism works but wasnt able to find is.... Also didnt find any drawings on the internet that let me find this out.....

Maybe there are different seats available that can be used?

I really love this car but due to the fact that the car is only eligible for input tax deduction in the current setup (with divider in the rear) i need to find a solution....

maybe someone has an idea?

Cheers and merry christmas

Fred

Post #226893024th Dec 2021 3:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >