Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 call status etc not showing in Message Centre LCD screen?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Adeuk

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hi all. First off thanks for all the contributions, this site has been invaluable.

I've owned many LR products over the years and recently bought my first D4 , a 2012 HSE.

I have searched far and wide , but have been unable to find anything referring to my problem, if it is a problem.

I notice that the message centre LCD screen (between the speedo and tach) does not display info about calls (incoming call notification, call status, phone book etc) , or music tracks etc.

My phone (Apple Xs) is paired by Bluetooth and works fine through the touch screen (with notifications there when there is an incoming call etc. I also have a usb dongle attached to the port in the cubby, which is used to play music under the "car USB" mode. That works fine on the touch screen, with track details shown etc, but nothing on the LCD. Steering wheel buttons work as they should.

I had this feature on my 2013 Freelander 2. I wondered if it is not available for this D4, but I saw a youtube video last night (one of those where they are reviewing a car for sale) and I noticed that the MC display showed "Bluetooth audio", and by chance he received a phone call that was notified on both the Touch Screen and the LCD. That car was a D4 2011 XS.

Before I check for codes, hard resets etc, is anyone please able to confirm if I should have this feature (and therefore an issue) or whether it is not actually available for my model. I have looked through all of the car and touch screen settings and cannot find anything that might enable/disable the feature? Nothing is mentioned in the hand book

By the way, loving the car

Many Thanks

Ade

Post #21180043rd Feb 2020 11:23 am
dewillia

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

It does not display that info, after 2014 I think its available

Post #21180353rd Feb 2020 1:45 pm
Adeuk

Thank you so much. I had accepted that it might not be a feature until I saw the youtube video last night. Presumably that 2011 car must have had a later replacement entertainment system or instruments fitted.

Cheers

Post #21180423rd Feb 2020 2:22 pm
dewillia

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

mines a 2011 and does not have the feature, if it was a USA spec car it may be different

Post #21180463rd Feb 2020 2:40 pm
Adeuk

Just a little update on this, but it seems that some vehicles in 2012 did have this feature.

I have now seen three videos, strangely all XS variants, where the message centre displayed call details, media source, and even junction graphics when using route guidance (which is what I had on my 2013MY Freelander 2), but not at the same time of course. They were stated as 2011 and 2012 models.

But the matter was completely settled after my brother collected his 2012 HSE, which I saw yesterday. His has this feature. His car was registered in June 2012, mine was registered a month earlier. Both UK JLR supplied cars. The look of the message centre (temp and fuel etc), and even the sharpness, are a little different. The spec of our cars are the same other than paint colour and mine has a heated steering wheel

So there seems to have been a change around 2012, and it seems pot luck as to whether you get the updated features.

I'm not particularly worried that I don't have the feature, but I can now stop worrying if it is a bug in my car; my OCD is satisfied:)

Thanks

Post #21196609th Feb 2020 10:07 am
Adeuk

Sorry to reply to my own post, but just in case anyone is interested, the updated tft display is a software upgrade.

Just flashed the instrument Panel update file using IID Tool, and now have exactly what I was looking for.

Happy Days

Post #212041311th Feb 2020 9:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >