Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

Any D3 owner want to swap/upgrade to my RRS?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Any D3 owner want to swap/upgrade to my RRS?

I'll probably get loads of slamming for this, but here goes.... Laughing

I'm looking at changing by RRS for a D3 as I'm also selling my van and will use the D3 for work too, hence need something with maximum space in the rear. Are there any D3 owners out there looking to 'upgrade' to a RRS?

Mine is a RRS TDV6 SE auto with 14,800 miles in bonatti grey with alpaca leather interior and sat nav, tow bar, privacy glass and more. It had it's first service this week. It was new (UK LR dealer supplied) 20/5/05. The LR dealers are currently selling these for £41-£42K. I'm going to advertise it at £39,500.
I'm looking to replace it with a Disco3 HSE TDV6 auto of about the same age and the same milage or less. I'm looking for a bonatti grey or silver with alpaca leather, with privacy glass and ideally side steps and detachable tow bar. It would seem that LR dealers are selling this spec for around £36K.
 Matt  
Post #5138231st Mar 2006 1:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
Re: Any D3 owner want to swap/upgrade to my RRS?

mpwox11 wrote:
Are there any D3 owners out there looking to 'upgrade' to a RRS?

thats a matter of opinion i personally think you are the one upgrading Whistle Laughing Wink

hope you get what your looking for then we can welcome you to disco3 .co.uk properly Laughing

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #5142631st Mar 2006 6:14 pm
d3matt

Well, let just say that Land Rover's list prices dictate that going from a D3 to an RRS is 'upgrading'.
 Matt  
Post #5142731st Mar 2006 6:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Would swap my TDV6 S if you get stuck off loading it Wink

-s

Post #5142931st Mar 2006 6:57 pm
DiscoMad

I am happy with my D3 HSE May 05, but I am intrigued at your resale value estimate.
So don’t get cross but
If I read you correctly, you say the dealsers are selling your spec of car for £42K
Your vehicle is just about 1 year old with above average mileage and you are putting it up for sale at £39500 ? seems a touch expensive maybe ?

Post #523126th Apr 2006 10:29 am
d3matt

I based the price on three other Sports at the same age and mileage for sale at LR dealers around the country which were all at £41,995. Therefore, I think the price is fair, becuase as you know there is no additional benefit from buying at a dealer when a vehicle is covered by a warranty anyway.
 Matt  
Post #523176th Apr 2006 10:46 am
MX

United Kingdom 

I could be tempted to offload my TDV6 SE if you were interested .......
 D3 05 SE (old one)

RRS 08 SE (new one)

formerly mxgeldar7 

Post #523206th Apr 2006 10:55 am
JMC

Scotland 

I have the perfect vehicle for you. My D3 TDV6 SE 'van' is less than 4 weeks old. All the space in the back you could possibly want and it has the TC treatment so it beats an RRS any day Laughing

But why the hell would I want an RRS???? Wink Laughing 8)

Post #523236th Apr 2006 11:17 am
d3matt

I've now decided to get a new HSE, preferable in Silver with ebony leather, but second choice is Bonatti. I've been told that one can be sourced in April by my local LR dealer.
 Matt  
Post #523276th Apr 2006 11:51 am
jkp

Scotland 

Matt, good choice with silver. Hides a lot of scratches. Only trouble is, the vast majority of D3's on the road are silver as it is a very popular choice. Given a choice now, I'd probably go for....Silver Wink

I must admit, your RRS did give me a slight wobble towards the darkside, as the Bonatti grey is the colour for that car. Especially seeing it in the flesh...so to speak!

...John

Post #523296th Apr 2006 12:04 pm
d3matt

Choosing the right colour is such hard work. I do think the Sports look best in grey and the Discos in silver, but there are too many of them though.
The two cars suit different colours. The LR Oxford dealer has both Sport and Disco in red. The Sport looks great and would be my 2nd or 3rd choice, but on the Disco it looks awful and looks 'cheap'. It’s a pity there aren’t more white cars in this county. The white Sports look good too – I see them going passed on transporters. I’ve not yet seen a Disco in white, but I would consider it – just to be different from the others.
 Matt  
Post #523316th Apr 2006 12:21 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Arctic Frost is becoming the new silver Wink
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #523326th Apr 2006 12:47 pm
crasha

United Kingdom 
and...

don't forget Buckingham Blue is the new Black Wink

Post #523526th Apr 2006 2:30 pm
JMC

Scotland 

I originally wanted a silver D3, but I passed a fuel station one day and ALL 8 cars on the forecourt were silver.

If Buckingham Blue is the new Black, then Cairns Blue has to be the best Blue Wink

Must say, I certainly wouldn't swap it for a silver one now.

Thank God we are not all the same Laughing

Post #523686th Apr 2006 5:01 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Got to admit, I looked at a Cairns blue SE and got a case of the shivers. I was haunted with thoughts of it being an old mans colour, flat cap, and mackintosh jacket were also a hideous thought Laughing Wink

I also had a look at the red....oh...my...god Shocked Shocked Not good!!

Like you say we are not all the same. If we were, then there would be mighty big queues. Rolling Eyes

Post #523796th Apr 2006 6:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >