Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

D3 and myths of Global Warming
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
lr1

United Kingdom 
D3 and myths of Global Warming

The myths of global warming in relation to D3 and other4x4's. The gas guzzling tax is just a way of raising more money by government.

MYTH: Scientists agree global warming is caused by man made CO2 emissions .

RESPONSE: There are nearly 18,000 signatures from scientists worldwide on a petition called The Oregon Petition which says that there is no evidence for man-made global warming theory nor for any impact from mankind's activities on climate. Many scientists believe that the Kyoto agreement is a total waste of time and one of the biggest political scams ever perpetrated on the public

MYTH: Atmospheric levels of CO2 are determined by how much coal, natural gas and oil we burn and how many trees we cut down.

RESPONSE:A report in the journal 'Science' in January of this year showed using information from ice cores with high time resolution that since the last ice age, every time when the temperature and carbon dioxide levels have shifted, the carbon dioxide change happened AFTER the temperature change, Changes in temperature precede changes in CO2, with a lag of around 800 years. So man-made global warming theory has put effect before cause — this shows that reducing carbon dioxide emissions is a futile King Canute exercise! What's more, both water vapour and methane are far more powerful greenhouse gases than carbon dioxide but they are ignored.

MYTH: The global warming we are experiencing is not natural. People are causing it. People are causing global warming by burning fossil fuels (like oil, coal and natural gas) and cutting down forests. Scientists have shown that these activities are pumping far more CO2 into the atmosphere than was ever released in hundreds of thousands of years. This buildup of CO2 is the biggest cause of global warming.

RESPONSE:: 96.5% of all carbon dioxide emissions are from natural sources, mankind is responsible for only 3.5%, with 0.6% coming from fuel to move vehicles, and about 1% from fuel to heat buildings. Yet vehicle fuel (petrol) is taxed at 300% while fuel to heat buildings is taxed at 5% even though buildings emit nearly twice as much carbon dioxide!
Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels, currently only 350 parts per million have been over 18 times higher in the past at a time when cars, factories and power stations did not exist — levels rise and fall without mankind's help.
The planet does not need saving, but taking this on anyway, removing every car from every road in every country overnight would NOT produce any change in the carbon dioxide level of the atmosphere, in any case it is pointless trying to alter climate by changing carbon dioxide levels as the cause and effect is the other way round — it is changes in the activity of the Sun that cause temperature changes on earth, with any temperature rise causing carbon dioxide to de-gas from the oceans.

MYTH: In most parts of the world, the retreat of glaciers has been dramatic. The best available scientific data indicate that Greenland's massive ice sheet is shrinking.

RESPONSE: Extreme weather correlates with the cycle of solar activity, not carbon dioxide emissions or political elections, the recent heavy rainfall in winter and spring is a perfect example of this — it occurred at solar maximum at a time when solar maxima are very intense — this pattern may well repeat every 11 years until about 2045.

Last edited by lr1 on 22nd Mar 2007 1:38 pm. Edited 4 times in total 
Post #14163322nd Mar 2007 1:13 pm
fisherman

Wales 

Couldn't have put it better myself. Thumbs Up
 FFRR 2017 4.4SDV8 Autobiography. Cost so much I must be mad!
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!
D3 HSE 2006 (Almost 8 years together, true love)
Land Cruiser VX 1994 11 years together, wife cried when I p/ex'd for my D3 

Post #14163622nd Mar 2007 1:21 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

thats nice, but it really needs some references to have any credibility... Question
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #14165622nd Mar 2007 2:07 pm
StuRox

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

How many cavemen did you see driving around in a 4x4 to cause the ice to melt Whistle

Post #14165722nd Mar 2007 2:12 pm
lr1

United Kingdom 

Randalls,

Re. references.

I did mention the journal 'Science', January of this year

However it is not meant to be a scientific paper but to bring attention to the fact that the media only put one side of the argument, usually the scare stories to sell newspapers. There are lots of internet sites Journals and books which deal with the subjects I have only scratched the surface of eg:

http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/last_400k_yrs.html

if you want some bedtime reading and graphs to lookat.

Post #14166022nd Mar 2007 2:28 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Been saying most of these things for years (as a geologist We kind of study these things) but was anyone listening??? Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #14167522nd Mar 2007 2:58 pm
al cope

England 

OK - so heres an idea. We just have a "Soft Touch" tax, it applies to all of us that earn, drive, drink (smoke even), own our own places (ie traceable), and are therefore a soft touch when the govt of whatever flavour need a bit more cash. Why try and hide all the stealth taxes. At least my way it would be clear that we are mugs!

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #14168322nd Mar 2007 3:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
randalls

Hopefully I am not duplicating this link - but there is a lot of good referenced material in this anti 4x4-site

http://stopedinburgh4x4s.blogspot.com/2006...mbles.html

some of you might also want to drop this guy a line too Laughing
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #14169122nd Mar 2007 3:46 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Every time I look at that site it winds me RIGHT UP!

I'd like to kick that bloke right in the gonads.
 Back in the game!  
Post #14169722nd Mar 2007 4:16 pm
scolliss

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I wont go there again either.

Wound right up about the kid and bumper thing. Struggling not to say what I really really think but I cant blame kid 100%, cant blame driver 100%, certainly cant blame car - too few facts, but suspect parent holds a fair proportion of the blame, kid was probably very very young based on the facts given.

Hope I have not upset anyone. Sorry.
 Life is what you make it.  
Post #14169922nd Mar 2007 4:25 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Looking at the photo not one of them look like they work and could not afford a car never mind a 4x4. Laughing
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #14170122nd Mar 2007 4:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
randalls

the only 'green' in this guys politics is probably envy......Nicely exposed picture for the sky also, a good example of why you should not use a camera in auto against a backlit subject.

Post #14171322nd Mar 2007 4:57 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Look what DG found

Will make you happier... NOT

Post #14172722nd Mar 2007 6:03 pm
lr1

United Kingdom 

Thought I would put my origonal posting on the alliance against 4x4's blog. Check out my profile on the blog.

http://stopedinburgh4x4s.blogspot.com/2006...mbles.html

We could have some fun here Twisted Evil

Edit: (link fixed, I posted it incorrectly)

Last edited by lr1 on 22nd Mar 2007 7:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #14172922nd Mar 2007 6:05 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

mmm not found. URL wrong or have they deleted you already Shocked

You know these people refuse to listen or even acknowledge facts if they go against their opinions - which is all they are.

Post #14173122nd Mar 2007 6:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >