Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Cyclists
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
blue_manc

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Cyclists

When one of the oxygen thief cyclists says "Get out and lets sort it like men" - am I within my rights to get out and "sort it"?

Not that I did - but that was exactly the pathetic rant he had before he punched my wing mirror and rode off through traffic. My crime - he flew up the cycle land in the wet and thought my wing mirror (I was stationary) was a "Bit effing close". He was swearing like a docker - threatening me, the lot. Didn't like my response of laughter. Then he punched my mirror bending it right back (the "wrong" way).

When the traffic cleared and I drove after him in case there was any damage - there wasn't - he looked less "like a man" when he worked out that i had followed to him to his house. Just sat there grinning - he got the point.

But talking afterward to a mate - if I *had* of got out - would I be subject to road rage charges - the police/courts push for maximum punishment for road rage do they not? Would he be subject to the same as a road user?

For the record - whilst still in the stationary traffic I got out to reset my mirror before driving odd and was close to - but NOT on nor was my wing mirror over - the cycle lane.

Post #6002679th Feb 2010 7:52 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Catch up with them and punt them off. It really is the only way to deal with them IMO!

I think you would have been in the Censored had you confronted him, unless you had a CCTV image from a local building showing him trying to damage your vehicle.
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #6002729th Feb 2010 7:56 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

retaliation at the exact moment in time may have had some mitigation but 'chasing' him in your car and 'sorting' it certainly would have got you in BIG trouble; remember the asian bloke defending his home/family recently.

Even getting out at the moment would be asking for trouble IMO as you make a decision to step out and take things further. The Lycra Loony would bleat about "doing nothing and he just got out and attacked me".

I think you would have got less of a hearing than he if anything had of kicked off.

I'd have felt like you but done the same as you ultimately did. You could always report him for damaging your car, at least you could imagine the look of sheer terror on his face when 3 jam sandwiches, 7 policemen/ladies and a dog handling unit surround his house (does my sarcasm come across Rolling Eyes )

Post #6002769th Feb 2010 7:59 pm
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I think you achieved much more by ending up outside his house Laughing

Now the look on his face must have been a picture... Laughing
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #6002779th Feb 2010 7:59 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Same with road ragers generally; try blowing them a kiss next time and watch them go apoplectic and purple with rage Rolling with laughter

Post #6002809th Feb 2010 8:01 pm
mzplcg

England 

Unfortunately I think you'd find yourself on the wrong side of the law if you decided to give the Fokker what he so richly deserves.

However, there is hope. For the law to be remotely interested there have to be witnesses otherwise it's your word against his Wink

And to make you smile a bit, some years ago I was in the car with a work colleague - we were on our way to a service call in Kensington. Similar thing - mouthy cyclist yelling at my colleague, something about right of way at lights. Anyway, colleague gets out, pushes him off his bike and then promptly throws said bike under the wheels of a passing bus. Gets back in the car and drives off as if nothing had happened. Me, sat in the passenger seat, well I was apoplectic with laughter. Wrong in so many ways but yet amused me to the point of almost wetting myself.

Post #6002819th Feb 2010 8:01 pm
James W

Saudi Arabia 
Re: Cyclists

blue_manc wrote:
When one of the oxygen thief cyclists says "Get out and lets sort it like men" - am I within my rights to get out and "sort it"?

No. Despite making you feel a lot better you would be committing an assault.

If he hit your car simply as a way of dishing out his own brand of cycle justice, you should report it as criminal damage especially as you actually know where he lives. There's no excuse for going around damaging people's property just to make yourself feel better.

Arsey cyclists make me public enemy no.1 on my daily ride to/from work. Personally, I know my place in the food chain, I'm just happy not to be driven into (again).

PS - Oxygen thief Rolling with laughter

Post #6002889th Feb 2010 8:09 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I used to cycle Censored loads but sharing the road with other users of it was never a problem

looks as if that tit can't even ride the bike properly

should have driven over the Censored

Post #6003059th Feb 2010 8:27 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

reminds me of this video Laughing

http://53x11.com/blog/2008/11/05/We-Are-the-Cyclists.159
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #6003109th Feb 2010 8:30 pm
blue_manc

Chill out Chaps - my team are 45 minutes from Wembley - and I have a job good enough to afford a car.

The world is well.

Rolling with laughter

Post #6003399th Feb 2010 8:52 pm
chrisc

England 

youre right manc he sounds like a bit of a door-KNOB on a bike and cyclists like that give other cylists a bad name and i agree with what you did,i cycle to work most of the time to work mainly on the canals in the summer but run the gaunlet on stoke on trents main roads in winter as its too dark but i have more lights on my bikes than soft mick,and still have at least one driver give me abuse for no apparent reason apart from the fact that im on the same road as them,maybe if they knew my disco tax was £405 they would think twice but i doubt it,i had a passenger of a car in 2007 throw a plastic coat-hanger through the front wheel of my when i was doing 25 mph,i got the reg phoned the police and they call it a 50/50 and did Censored all,my mate got knocked off his bike last year when a postman reversed onto a mainroad and he ran in the side of it,yes i laughed as well although he did get 3k in damages off them

Post #6003679th Feb 2010 9:29 pm
blue_manc

Incidentally - and completely O/T. I'm gan to Wemberllllleeeeeee!!!!

Post #6004779th Feb 2010 10:50 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

A cyclist was on a 'T Way' (special bus road) and a bus went past fairly close. Cyclist caught up to the bus and belted the 63 year old driver about.
Turned out the cyclist was not even allowed on the 'T-Way'

He was said to be 'bycotic'. Laughing
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #6004949th Feb 2010 11:06 pm
James W

Saudi Arabia 

DG wrote:
reminds me of this video Laughing

http://53x11.com/blog/2008/11/05/We-Are-the-Cyclists.159

Rolling with laughter

"We are the cyclists, the most energy efficient beings on the planet"

That can't be true, I cycle 36 miles a day and I still weigh 17.5 stone! Laughing

Post #6004999th Feb 2010 11:09 pm
chrisc

England 

I once saw a bus driver get out of his bus and slap a woman across her face because she cut him up ?????

Post #6005159th Feb 2010 11:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >