Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Customer Service - Lack of
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mwmdisco3

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Customer Service - Lack of

Having broken down over the BH weekend on Saturday at 18:45 with a suspension failure. I limped home to be told that the engineers had 'logged off', but I would be attended in the morning. An engineer arrived 1.5 hours later than stated and unsurprisingly stated that the vehicle need to go to the dealer for a new compressor, but not until Tuesday because of the holiday.

By the time the hire car arrived from Enterprise I had been 'off the road' for 18 hours, and guess what? Yes, it was a small hatchback, thus the 6 of us and dog had to cancel our day out. Enterprise promised an upgrade to MPV or similar on Tuesday (two days later), but on arrival at the depot we were told that LRA will only pay for a car up to Mondeo size (5 seats). Really useful when you purcahse a luxury 7-seater! - Enjoy your holiday weekend courtesy of Landrover with our special 5 seat courtesy car - leave the mother inlaw and one of the kids at home! Nice USP LR.

Parts now not available until Thursday PM at the earliest, thus 6-days off of the road minimum.

It's now 6pm and the customer centre have after four calls still not returned the call.

I'm new to D3 is this the normal attitude for after sales surport? I know that other luxury brands like Merc have had their reliability issues, but the replacement vehicle arrives in a cover truck and is usually a like for like.

The best 4x4by far but need to put the customer first.

Good luck.

Post #562863rd May 2006 7:00 pm
croyde

Although, luckily I have not had to use LR Assist..........yet, I have insisted on like for like for the 4 times it has gone in for warranty work. They always seem surprised that I won't accept a smaller car.

Everytime I have to point out that there is a reason that we purchased a large 7 seater off roader........exasperating I know. The first time, they gave me a Freelander so I complained big time and got my first service free.

Put a rocket up their ar*e and point out that if you wanted a Mondeo you would have got one and saved a fortune. Push the fact that they have wrecked your holiday and isn't it embarrassing to sell a £30K odd car that breaks down when you should have a year of trouble free motoring before its first service.

I never had a problem with my previous 3 brand new cars, 2 German and one French, another point that I came up with.

Make them squirm and best of luck and don't get fobbed off.

Post #562933rd May 2006 7:33 pm
overload

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Manual Zambezi SilverLR3
Re: Customer Service - Lack of

Unnecessary quote removed

You are handed an exvcuse to leave the mother in law home, and you're complaining?!
Seriously, I agree with you they should do better.

Post #562973rd May 2006 7:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >