Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Cow Juice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Andy
theres no need to claim on your insurance this can be rectified the wiring will all be okay the milk wont have damaged anything as it dosnt conduct
Was the milk spilt on any of the seats if not then you only need to renew the foam and the carpet
The trick we used to do to make it cheaper for the customer was to cut the rubber foam just above where the liquid stops getting sucked up and cut it 6 to 12 inches under the dash area then run carpet tape along the seam so the dash dosnt have to come out.
It can be done quite easily with a bit of confidence if you want to know more give me pm and I will give you my phone number and I will talk you through it
cheers

Post #6999765th Oct 2010 10:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Apny

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
UPDATE

Right, Car went into Dealers and had strip out of seats, new carpets and washed rear seats. Taken away and delivered back.

I got the car back late on Monday last week, Unfortunately on the Tuesday Wifey (Milk Spiller) noticed some scratches on the inside of the drivers door window just above the side mirror on the inside. Thought how did they get there, realised the guy who delivered the car back was wearing a diamond signet ring on his right hand, wifey only wears the diamonds on the left, and i cant afford any anymore.
Car was taken back to the dealers who tryed to deny any knowledge, untill the photos which they had taken came out and lucky enough a clear enough image of a side window with no scratches. So theve admitted liability and it now needs a new window so its going back again for that.
Also unfortunatly there is still a smell in the car and we have not accepted the work yet that has been completed and its going for another seat wash to hopefully sort it out. Sorry if i sound like im moaning but its good for updates etc. All this for the Censored 50p pint of milk

Andy

Post #7111272nd Nov 2010 4:07 pm
2DISCO3ORNOT

Jeepers i will be double bagging in future, good luck with it Andy Neutral

Post #7111322nd Nov 2010 4:11 pm
Apny

Double bag mate deffo, or do what ive done placed a total ban on anything milk originated in the D3, (Excluding Chocolate) Whistle

Post #7111352nd Nov 2010 4:13 pm
Old Sailor

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Claim on your insurance and then milk it like hell!!!!!! Laughing Laughing
 Run silent, run deep!! HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Ocelot, Porpoise, Onslaught.

Oh Lord! send down a dove, with wings as sharp as razors.
To cut the throats of men, that sell bad beer to sailors.

VIN 138A476*** 

Post #7111402nd Nov 2010 4:30 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: UPDATE

Apny wrote:
Sorry if i sound like im moaning but its good for updates etc. All this for the Censored 50p pint of milk

Just stop crying over spilt milk. Rolling with laughter

Hope it gets properly sorted. Milk produces some nasty bacteria.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7113332nd Nov 2010 11:26 pm
bambi

England 

sprinkle crushed bio washing tablets onto the area, leave overnight then vac out, the bio bit breaks down the bacteria and the nice odour helps it smell nice.

Post #7117603rd Nov 2010 10:27 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Smell of dried blood should take your mind off it for a while?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #7117683rd Nov 2010 10:41 pm
Apny

New Update:- Car is coming back tomorrow, they have had it for 1 week again!, im not home to see it so wifey is under strict orders to examine the exterior and interior.

I have got very suspicious of the dealers and have done some secretive markings etc, i now feel like im getting paranoid about the whole bloody vehicle. Shame really as ive had some good dealings with them in the past, although this is the repair section and not the sales department.
On the bright side 500mls less on my car and on the courtesy cars! (Ford Fiestas)
Andy

Post #71686616th Nov 2010 7:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >