Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Control Module Configuration Fault code U2101
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Charlie610

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Control Module Configuration Fault code U2101

Well I've had the Discovery 4 MY10 since October 2014 and the day I've been dreading has arrived Big Cry
Other than general wear and tear it's now given me an error I cannot cure myself Big Cry

My wife was driving home from work last night and the red triangle/engine management lights appeared on the dashboard with a 'Restricted Performance' error initiating.

I have since scanned it using my friends Snap-on scanner and am getting the following error codes:

P010B Mass or Volume Air Flow B Range/Performance
P010D Mass or Volume Air Flow B Circuit High
U2101 Control Module Configuration

I cleared the codes but cannot get it out of 'LIMP' mode, the management light extinguishes but triangle and message still stand.

Not wanting to just trot off and change the MAF I called the local Land Rover dealer in Ashford for some advice, they have told me because of the U2101 fault it MUST go to them for repair stating that it could be a number of issues Question Question sighting things like previous software updates may have caused it but they cannot be sure.

I was wondering if anyone else on here has any experience of these codes?? I have it booked in at the stealers Friday but would still like to get an idea of what I may be looking at before I get the call from them telling me it's gonna cost me!!

I was also wondering if a dodgy battery might cause any of these issues?? I did get a spurious gearbox error appear on the dash a couple of weeks ago when I had engine off and ignition/radio on I left it parked up for an hour when I returned the fault was cleared leading me to suspect the battery might be on it's was out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post #165322411th May 2016 11:05 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Charlie there are two issues, firstly you cannot get the Snap on tool to do the job properly it does not work fully with D4's you need an IID tool which will do far more. For this do a post on here asking for help with one, your best bet is site sponsor Geoff in Tonbridge area but he doe travel.

Secondly your second issue is with the dealer you have tried, they are not the best and a lot of people have had issues, try contacting Phil Watson service manager at Guy Salomon Aylesford tell him Russell recommended him and GS, I have fond them more than helpful and very supportive, I can PM you telephone number and e mil address if you want.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #165331611th May 2016 2:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

Another cracked intake manifold? Whistle

Steve
 2021 BMW iX3 Premier Edition in Carbon Black ⚡️🔌
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Post #165332111th May 2016 2:49 pm
Charlie610

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Thanks for the advice Russell.

Partly due to my impatience and partly due to this post here:
Thanks ridgeback_moor:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic140314.html?highlight=P010

and the fact one of my faults stated the MAF was open circuit, so probably knackered, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase one, I managed to get a VDO Siemens unit the same as original from a local motor factors. I have fitted it and it appears to have resolved the issue.

I was beginning to fear the worst with inlet manifolds but when I thought about it I guessed that if that were the case the fault would have cleared when the car went to sleep and re-initiate after a few miles of driving when everything heated up, this was a hard fault which would not go away which is what pushed me to change it.

I'm not going to bother taking it to Ashford on Friday now but I will be giving GS a call to get a price for BIG service which is due later this year.

Cheers

Post #165348311th May 2016 8:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >