Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Compressor air inlet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Andyyav

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Garrycol Where do you source your parts from? Im struggling to find a ‘new exhaust valve and housing’ plenty of options for other rebuild kits,

PROFSR G in your experience would (if I can’t find the valve and housing) I be better in the long run changing to AMK? It’s roughly £70 more for the kit than a straight hitachi replacement, how often do you see AMK for refurb vs Hitachi? I believe I’d need to tell the D4 it has AMK fitted, can I do with this with the iid tool?

Post #22862843rd Apr 2022 1:02 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

They are both good compressors but if your Hitachi has been there for a long time it's worth considering replacing it with a new one. The AMK like the Hitachi is easy to service (drier desiccant and filters, and exh valve) and should be done every three or four years.

There are still a lot of Hitachi's out there and some owners are doing their own DIY servicing. I would still see both coming in for maintenance but I would see less AMK component failure when compared with Hitachi.

If you decide to change over the IID has the firmware already installed, so you will be able to do that too.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22862873rd Apr 2022 1:41 pm
garrycol

Australia 

Andyyav wrote:
Garrycol Where do you source your parts from? Im struggling to find a ‘new exhaust valve and housing’ plenty of options for other rebuild kits,

Most parts are available from X8R or 4x4Airseals or ebay. The LR part number for the exhaust valve is LR020590. The housing may not be needed but is certainly hard to find but I got mine on ebay.

Just googling it I found the complete valve and housing on ebay but sold by 4x4Airseals but currently out of stock https://www.ebay.ie/itm/112633124293

These people also sell them - watch it through Youtube and you get the links to the supplier. (turn off the sound)

Post #22862883rd Apr 2022 1:56 pm
Andyyav

Cheers for all the info, the compressors not that old so I’ll see if I can service/repair it first

Post #22863944th Apr 2022 8:54 am
garrycol

Australia 

My Hitachi is 15 years old with one rebuild and still goes great.

Post #22864004th Apr 2022 9:35 am
Andyyav

Don’t think mine will last that long, changed LR020590, fitted the aluminium cap to the drier (from my old compressor) and disconnected the exhaust pipe, still have a small hiss of air leaking from what sounds like the drier and then after a few miles when coming to a stop ‘pressure does not decrease when venting gallery’ error, as said it’s easier to hear what the exhaust is doing with the pipe disconnected and when it faulted it did sound restricted. Do you know if what I assume is the electrical exhaust valve is available as a spare part? Fault cleared on restart wondering if it’s a ‘lazy’ valve and the possibility of adjusting anything via the iid to allow it an extra second or two when waiting for the pressure to drop 🤔

Post #22866525th Apr 2022 7:28 pm
garrycol

Australia 

If you have a hiss from the front of the desiccant chamber where the pipes go to the central valve block then you have the usual fine cracks in the cover plate - fitting an aluminium cover plate as part of the rebuild will fix that.

Post #22866996th Apr 2022 2:01 am
Andyyav

Update
Ive ordered the AMK replacement kit from advanced factors, should be with me soon.
with reference to the air dry cracks on the Hitachi is there any parts i should upgrade on the AMK before fitting?
andy

Edit - AMK fitted no issues so far Thumbs Up

Post #228847018th Apr 2022 8:17 pm
greydisco

United Kingdom 
suspension compressor air filter

had exactly the same problem and fault codes as you. solved it when my son failed to connect the air exhaust pipe correctly to the compressor and everything started working. following the route of air from the exhaust cleaned all distribution valves etc but to no avail. the final component in the route was the air filter which is located behind the passenger side rear light cluster and it was blocked. cleaned it and no problems since. you can find it via the access hatch inside the boot (similar to jack access hatch but on passenger side) but easier to see what you are doing if you remove the rear l/h light cluster. i pulled mine apart and washed the foam element, which seemed preferable to routing the pipe of a replacement all the way to the desiccator. hope this helps somebody.

Post #230065119th Jul 2022 7:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >