Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > A-Plan Insurance

Very competitive quote from A Plan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 
Very competitive quote from A Plan

Just had a conversation with Kerry from A Plan Insurance, who has managed to insure my 2014 D4 HSE Lux for £120 less than my 2007 D3 SE! Same level of cover with same benefits. Definitely worth giving them a bell if your insurance is up for renewal. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #168466026th Jul 2016 11:48 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Be careful I just got a quote for mine £65 cheaper than LR Insurance and suposidly for same cover but when I checked cover was not the same. If glass roof damages would bit be covered under glass cover but would have to make a claim on insurance and pay full excess. Also curtsey car not available if your car written off only available if your car is repairable.
Gent I spoke to at A plan thatcham confirmed like for like cover camped with LR Insurance is not competitive in any way......
Made me think so now going back to LR Insurance.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #168482826th Jul 2016 5:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 

It was comparable to my existing cover and I am content it covers my needs. Thumbs Up

Post #168484426th Jul 2016 6:01 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

I was comparing it to my existing cover as well which is LR and asked a couple of questions after issues had been flagged 9n here recently with the cover. When I started to ask the questions it was A plans own staff who openly stated they could not complete on a like for like basis. I thought this was very good of them to be open and up front but was a little suprised to say the least after their coments on here about like for like cover and pricing.
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #168489426th Jul 2016 7:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:
Be careful I just got a quote for mine £65 cheaper than LR Insurance and suposidly for same cover but when I checked cover was not the same. If glass roof damages would bit be covered under glass cover but would have to make a claim on insurance and pay full excess. Also curtsey car not available if your car written off only available if your car is repairable.
Gent I spoke to at A plan thatcham confirmed like for like cover camped with LR Insurance is not competitive in any way......
Made me think so now going back to LR Insurance.

Full glass coverage is available as is a courtesy car of yours is written off. I reckon its competitive. The acid test with all insurance companies is getting them to pay out. Rolling Eyes

Post #168499027th Jul 2016 5:22 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

According to A plan Thatcham it's not. The only way you can get these items covered is by taking out additionsl cover which makes it more expensive than LR. Their words only 6 or 7 days ago not mine. Fair play to them for being open and honest up front
D4 camera club 

Post #168515327th Jul 2016 2:09 pm
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 

We clearly spoke to different people! I have full glass coverage. I opted out of the guaranteed courtesy car as I have full use of another if my D4 is written off. Thumbs Up

Post #168517127th Jul 2016 2:37 pm
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:
According to A plan Thatcham it's not. The only way you can get these items covered is by taking out additionsl cover which makes it more expensive than LR. Their words only 6 or 7 days ago not mine. Fair play to them for being open and honest up front

I didn't say it was cheaper than LR, I said it was cheaper than my current insurer.

Post #168517227th Jul 2016 2:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >