Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Collecting my new HSE.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Collecting my new HSE.

If all goes to plan, I'll be collecting my new TDV6 HSE tomorrow Very Happy
As I'm a techno. numpty, I'm slightly nervous about all the gadgetry in the HSE.
Which of these gadget/s would you recommend that the dealer talks me through which are not 100% clear in the manual?

Post #524927th Apr 2006 1:00 pm
Medders

United Kingdom 

i love technology - pop it round to my house - leave it for a week or so and I'll teach you all about it when you return Wink

Post #524937th Apr 2006 1:15 pm
Pelyma

England 

To be honest you will learn as you go especially as you ask on here. Leran to use one bit at a time, the bit that is most useful to you first. So if that is the sat nav start there or the phone etc. It isn't as daunting as it sounds. At least this way you will get the correct answer. The manual is sometimes wrong, the dealers are often wrong ( Razz If mine is reading this!) The handover will be quite a session anyway so you won't take it all in. Concentrate that time on checking paint work, making sure you haven't left anything in the old one Embarassed my favourite! Do some facial exercises to get in shape for permagrin and enjoy.

Don't worry about problems others have had, it is just about your car and it will be brilliant - enjoy. Thumbs Up
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #524987th Apr 2006 2:04 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks, that's good advice. I'm used to "muscle" cars where all the trickery goes into making big bhp.
Plain air con. electric windows, cruise control & a basic traction control system is what I'm used to. I had Smartnav which is great & couldn't be more simple!
It's going to be quite a culture shock.

Post #525077th Apr 2006 4:42 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

LT,

I'd be interested to know where you have your SmartNav button situated and where the screen is mounted (if you have one). Can you post any photos?
I'll be putting SmartNav into my new HSE, even though it will have the LR satnav.
 Matt  
Post #525567th Apr 2006 10:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I have a HSE it all works pretty well together - the voice recognition needs a good volume though when driving. I can phone & navigate home using voice recognition only - its pretty cool when it all works as it should...I am moving onto voice recognition for the radio now LOL 8)
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #525738th Apr 2006 12:34 am
LT

mpwox11 wrote:
LT,

I'd be interested to know where you have your SmartNav button situated and where the screen is mounted (if you have one). Can you post any photos?
I'll be putting SmartNav into my new HSE, even though it will have the LR satnav.

Sorry, Smart Nav was in my last HSV which was written off! I will get around to having it fitted in on of our other cars as I managed to salvage it.
It's fanatastic, highly recommend it. You must get the screen though, I ran it for a few months before the screen was launched & it wasn't good with multi junctions in towns.

Post #527019th Apr 2006 8:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >