Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Cheapo Rear PDC Installation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Cheapo Rear PDC Installation

Been meaning to post this for a while but never got round to it.

I bought a cheapo set of pdc ' s which contained a sounder , 2 X pdcs with cables & a 12 V power cable with integral fuse.They only cost 20 euro from a DIY chainstore and I originally intended fitting them to the better halfs motor.

First of using the supplied double sided sticky tab I fixed the sounder to the inside body panel of the LH rear cubby/storage space.

I plugged in the left & right pdc cable/jack into the top of the unit as shown above and then brought them out of the cubby space via the bottom left hand corner of ther opening ( see below) and put the lid back in place.

Next I brought both cables out under the hinged flap sending the LH straight out under the lower lower door and diverting the other to the right and further along, see pics below ,

Next I popped up the ribbed plastic plate that sits on top of the bumper.It pulls up very easily and is held in place with plastic tabs.I trailed bothy the LHS & rhs cables under this in between tha tabs and tapped it back into place.

Next simply fix the PDC sensors to the bumper using the double sided pad supplied.These stick very well and so far have withstood the powerwasher with no worries.

The only thing left to do was plug the thing in via the rear 12V socket.Theres an on/off buttoin on the plug but Hopefully next weekend I'll cut this off and join it to the + of the reversing lights and a suitable ground.

Overall these prooved to be very effective.You could locate the sounder unit further forward in the cabin but where I placed it is very easily heard.You could also drill out the bumper and have them fit flush like the factory ones but IMO they look pretty ok where they are pictured.The covereage for the pdc's is very impressive and I gave them a good test just to be sure. Thumbs Up

Cheers , DW

[/img]

Post #25782710th Feb 2008 10:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >