Changing PTI / voice control language
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
chvdw

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Changing PTI / voice control language

Hi All,

Although it is my first post, I would like to start of with a question. Smile

I recently bought a 'German' D3. I wanted to change the language for the PTI / voice control unit to Dutch or English. The Sat Nav and System diagnostics screens are changed already, but the LR dealer says the PTI change can not be done and a new module needs to be placed. Is this correct? Or is there a work around?

Update:

By talking to Land Rover Netherlands (LRN) I found that their is no work around! Because of the separate PTI system installed together with the normal SAT Nav system. The PTI/phone module needs to be replaced with the desired language, but the language Dutch is not an option. Sad

Now comes the interesting part of the "LRN" conversation: There seems to be a possibility of upgrading to premium navigation with TMC and 4x4 info working and a chance (it will not work on all cars, this is the scary part) that the language settings will work as well. I have read previous posts where it is said that upgrading to Premium Nav is not possible, but LRN seems to think it is possible in some cases..... Leaving the upgrade costs out of scope as I have no idea how much it will cost...... What are the possibilities this will actually work?

Post #22673922nd Nov 2007 12:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >