Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Changing FL2 for new D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Audioman

United Kingdom 
Changing FL2 for new D4

First post so treat me gently Embarassed I've had a FL2 HSE auto for 2 years and love it but I'm considering buying a decent sized twin wheel caravan (I know......sorry) which will stretch my weight match. I've driven a new D4 last week and was very impressed ....talk about load space! I also tried an unusual vehicle, a Touareg hybrid with a 330hp supercharged and turbo charged engine and an electric motor ( what a beast!) the towing setup on the VW is not appropriate as it does not appear to have all wires connected for fridge etc! Seems a bit mad to me! Anyway, loads of kit but I think D4 is for me. Having had zero problems with my FL2 is there anything I should be aware of? The FL averages 32mpg on a longish run, what can I realistically expect with the D4. Only getting about 3.5% discount on new car, is that about right? Sorry for all of the questions but a lot of dosh for me to put out Confused Cheers

Post #8813709th Jan 2012 11:36 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

8% here Wink

http://www.buyacar.co.uk/land_rover_discov...8019.jhtml

Post #8813769th Jan 2012 11:42 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

The mileage you are quoting, is that solo or with a caravan on the back. If it is solo then on a longish run you should be able to get similar figures from a D4, MY12 seem to be slightly better that the MY11. As for short trips, should be able to get mid 20's up.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #88154110th Jan 2012 1:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Welcome to the madhouse... hope we can treat you gently enough....

OK - so what qualifications do I have to pass comment - the Fun Prevention Officer has her second F2 and out of choice will normally take my D4 if she has half a chance!

This is given the understanding that the D4 was deemed 'too large' when I originally suggested that she should have one as the huge space vs small difference in overall price seemed to make it a sensible choice - at that stage she simply wouldn't consider it!

We use the D4 to tow the horse trailer, sometimes with two 15.3 horses on board but you'd hardly know it's there and have also used it for the family trip to France last year - 700Km in one hit back to Calais with teenagers in the back and not a moan... indeed, we are doing the same trip again this year.

Fuel consumption - probably not a real lot to chose between the F2 and the D4 other than the fact that you can hoon around in the D4 which will affect your fuel consumption... no matter how much you think you will drive like an old 'un, you will, you really will!

Just watch car parks - the F2 fits into a multi-storey but you need a bit more observation / planning or care with the D4!

Hope this helps...
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #88178510th Jan 2012 9:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >