Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

A change of view
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Simonstarski

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
A change of view

I’ve been sitting in the same driver seat for 11 years now. My 2005 discovery manual has worked harder than any car should and served me well. It’s still a cracking car even if it’s sloppy bushed dose cause a bit of wondering and still I enjoy owing it..

……but,

Just lately I’ve caught myself lusting after a newer model. The wonky number plate of the new model has grown on me.. and the sleek lines of the newer shape tdv8 RR Sport has turned my head. That fold away tow bar, that fancy dashboard..

What forum choices are available to those who drive these new models. I’ve enjoyed being here in disco3 land. Is there a sister page just as informative and humorous? The new year will see another year pass and I think I feel the winds of change and a new driver seat view.
 Narpy Grill, tinted windows, Smooth leather wheel (TLO Group buy), ACM fitted (thanks TLO), Rear door loom and Row 2 & 3 audio switch upgrade, RRS 20" wheel change, 285 Cooper LTZ's Sat Nav Mod (until I get a Faultmate upgrade), Front & Rear lamp guards. 4x4 screen now switched on - Woody32, Follow me home reverse lights - woody32, Auto release EPB - Woody32. Off Road Navigation - Woody32. Remap + EGR's switched off. Full chassis clean and Waxoyl.  
Post #226464229th Nov 2021 8:45 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If you scroll down to the bottom of the home page, you will see the other LR sites available. Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #226464929th Nov 2021 9:16 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

We have our D3 the same age as yours and bought a new D5 last year and now run both. D5 is superb. Totally different car from the D3, but in my opinion the best value and best all-round car in the range. There's the sister disco5 forum which isn't as busy as this, but still good stuff.
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #226484730th Nov 2021 9:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >