Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

Central locking problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Alan ratty

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Central locking problem

Hi all, has anyone had problems with central locking just on the off side of disco 3,near side working as it should but when I lock with fob drivers door and rear door don't lock. Indicators flash but doors will open and alarm will sound. HELP Big Cry

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Post given its own title and thread. Was lost in aircon discussion.

Post #165869023rd May 2016 6:14 pm
navedman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi all. I have a problem with opening my rear passenger door. The door is locked and does not release with the remote or the internal button. I have tried playing with the internal handle but had no luck. Can anyone help me open the door so I can investigate the door lock fault. Itmakes a noise like it is trying to open but remains locked.

Post #166987819th Jun 2016 7:58 pm
Leesbay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

its the latch mechanism failing
its a common fault on the D3
fairly easy to repair and there is a wiki on the forum
ive just bought a new front near side and rear nearside latch mechanism which will be next weekends jobs
its a a case of taking the old mechanism out and replacing it with new. I have done it once and its not difficult just very fiddly and takes a bit of skin off your knuckles
I got my parts of ebay. new are around £80 and second hand around £45
 ....................................................................................................

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what she thinks I paid for them, you lot are gonna get some bargains! 

Post #166993319th Jun 2016 9:55 pm
navedman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Central Locking

Thanks for the info. The door has unlocked this morning so I will have a look at the mechanism and give it some lubricant. The problem only seems to exist when the outside temp goes up, so I am hoping it is just sticking when something is expanding due to heat.

Post #166996820th Jun 2016 5:43 am
Raggytigger

United Kingdom 

Hi everyone, my vehicle lr3 06. Won't open using the key fobs, both fobs stopped working at the same time! I think its a problem with the car, either it doesn't recognise the fob signal or the system has faulted, it worked one day and the next nothing, I'm having to enter and exit through the passenger door lock, its a little annoying.
Can anyone give me an idea of what could be causing this please, thanks.

Post #19347489th Apr 2018 7:03 am
Plumber

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi RT.
Did you get any response to your post? I have a similar problem but very erratic.
I note that if the fob doesn't lock the door I can sometimes get a response after re-entering an putting the ignition on and off again.
Infuriating!
 Previously Series 3, 108", station wagen. 300tdi Discovery Commercial. Discovery 2 TDi Commercial.  
Post #198222810th Sep 2018 4:26 pm
Mikeyocdisco

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi had the problem where my fobs weren’t working traced the fault to water in passenger footwell where wiring loom sits and how it got there was through a perished sunroof drain nipple where it exits the body did some YouTube searches and found the easiest ways to fix both problems not an expensive fix .

Post #198223210th Sep 2018 4:38 pm
Raggytigger

United Kingdom 

I eventually got a pro to sort it out (Neil Davies Landrover, Yockleton)
It was the wiring, passengers footwell, against the outside wall. All is working perfect now, no glitches at all, this guy KNOWS Landrover.

Post #198231310th Sep 2018 8:39 pm
Bluenose1956

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I have a similar problem with my 2005 Discovery, off-side rear door has failed to open intermittently but not caused too much of an issue. Today, however, I am unable to open the tailgate., too. Any ideas what it may be? A relay perhaps?

Post #214496610th May 2020 10:55 am
Sea Raider

Tailgate may be the microswitch, when you try and open with the handle do you here the switch click?

Also try having someone press and hold both switches on the panel beside the hazard switch whilst trying to open the tailgate

Post #214497010th May 2020 11:02 am
Raggytigger

United Kingdom 

Bluenose1956 wrote:
I have a similar problem with my 2005 Discovery, off-side rear door has failed to open intermittently but not caused too much of an issue. Today, however, I am unable to open the tailgate., too. Any ideas what it may be? A relay perhaps?

Post #214498510th May 2020 12:00 pm
Bluenose1956

Thanks guys, crazy thing is the tailgate worked again so it looks like the tailgate may be going the way of the OSR door, intermittent then fully giving up. I’m not a diy’er so I’ll get them both looked at when workshops re-open.

Post #214505210th May 2020 3:40 pm
Bluenose1956

Apologies for bringing this up again. My Discovery is with a LR service agent to fix the problem with the O/S rear door mechanism but he is unable to open the door to remove the door card. His proposal is to butcher the door card to get to the mechanism, and replace the door card!!
He's tried opening it through the on-board computer without success.
Anyone have a less intrusive method of opening the door?

Post #216883920th Aug 2020 2:08 pm

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Afternoon All,

Same fault but thought I would ask before buying a new latch.

Not sure when this started but seems the RH drivers door does not lock on my 2004 Discovery 3.

I can press the button on the inside of the door to lock the car, and it will unlock fine with the remote, but when it comes to locking it gives a little twitch, and nothing more. (from remote or dashboard button)

Have also seen that all the doors lock when driving off, except for now the drivers door stays unlocked to.
Have looked at parts online for a new latch, (I know the chassis number on mine is a 5A) but have also seen a part which mentions about dead lock, though these fit all models from what I can see.

Is the dead lock feature when you press the remote lock button twice so that none of the doors can be opened from the inside at all or something else, as mine does have this feature.

I have for now sprayed some oil over the latch and behind the handles, so far this has made no difference. However I can feel that the lock button from inside the car, does not move so smoothly compared to the others, is there anything else can cause this fault besides the latch.

Currently not had time to remove it all and look at part numbers on the latch etc, but just had a read as to what is involved.

Post #225305823rd Sep 2021 3:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >