DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Caravan storage charges...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Caravan storage charges...

I am looking at storage facilities around the Manchester area. What are people paying to store their caravan? I am talking a proper secured facility, not a muddy farmers field. I've found a place that want £13 per week. Its cossa silver standard,hard standing, and has 24hr security.

Post #122243323rd Jan 2014 11:14 am
CDS
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Housing Units in Failsworth (yes, Housing Units!) they've got a big plot next to their warehouse, CASSOA gold (in fact I'd say it exceeds the gold standards). £500-£600 per year, couple of years since we used it, but it's the dogs dooo dahs as far as security Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Discovery 3/4 & RRS keys cut and programmed at your home or work
Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto retro fit - see it here
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking
Software updates/ enabling
Mobile Servicing & Repairs

Post #122244023rd Jan 2014 11:28 am
stevethebeekeeper

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Being a cassoa site is good to keep the insurance happy, it does not mean your van is any safer. Quite a few people have had vans and motorhomes broken into on these sites as they are easy pickings.

That said ours has been OK in the past few years, although the van on the end once got 'attacked' by air gun pellets.

We pay about the same as you round here, but good sites are not easy to come by here with waiting lists. We also have a toilet dump, water and a toilet block at our site, however it is a marina that does storage as opposed to just storage. The only thing that would be nice is a wash area to do the outside.

Our nearest storage is C&CC they are very expensive and they did not have 24hr access and loads of restrictions about getting your van out, such as notice periods for arrival and departure. We needed 24hr access with no notice as we like to go on an ad hoc basis.

Post #122244123rd Jan 2014 11:30 am
Andym01207

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

We pay £306 for gold standard (probably higher to be honest as its part of a major transport/distribution/warehouse operation so security is very high)

Also includes valet pickup and drop off. ie: I drop it off at reception/security leave it on its steadies and they then put it away in the compound, and vice versa on pickup, I call and they get it out of compound and leave it at security on steadies. I just sign for it and hitch up.

Lots less hassle than my previous storage and I think its a good deal.

Some folks say they wouldn't be happy with them getting it in and out of compound but I think the main reason is that the caravan storage compound is through the transport/distribition yard and they don't want folks picking up caravans playing chicken with HGVs

Post #122244423rd Jan 2014 11:35 am
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Shocked

I pay £220/year for a CASSOA Gold site here in the Bomber County, has 24hr access but every pitch is covered by CCTV, there are 3 gates to get through to get in to the site and there is a 12foot high electric fence surrounding the compound. Whole site is covered with floodlighting.

Solid roads and pitches are compacted rubble which is firm and doesn't sink under the weight. Also has washing facilities and can do light repairs/welding to trailers etc on site if required.

Not much help for your situation, but an example to yourself and others of what is about!

Thumbs Up
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #122244723rd Jan 2014 11:48 am
Ambo

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

I pay £330 a year for a Gold Cossa site, 24 hour surveillance cleaning facilities etc, and it has a massive waiting list.
 Nick
2009 D3 SE
Isle of Wight Steam Railway 

Post #122257023rd Jan 2014 4:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i pay about £350 for a cassoa gold site, gated entry big fences flood lights and a pair of dogs roaming the grounds when locked up at night, 24/7 cctv and sensors surrounding the site that trigger the call centre that can scan the site

Didn't stop the Censored from doing over 33 van in one night, after sawing through the fence, luckily my dealership messed up on a warranty repair and kept the caravan a further day before delivering it back to me, or it would have been 34 vans Wink

turned out a CCTV camera wasn't working and they got in via a blind spot in the perimeter alarm Evil or Very Mad

Post #122259823rd Jan 2014 5:05 pm
GoBeyond

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Mates farm yard .......
Cost Beer and Curry ....... Whistle
 There is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes.  
Post #122260923rd Jan 2014 5:19 pm
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

My boat is at a Caravan storage facility down here in Hampshire.
The boat on it's trailer is about 0.5M wider than the D3 and @8.5M overall length.

I have one of their larger pitches, on hard standing, that is drive through rather than having to reverse into it. I think it's called a Platinum pitch because of the size and drive through, but all the larger pitches are drive through.
There are security gates that open with a keyfob to get onto the site, then another similar set of gates/security to access the actual storage area.
All vehicle movements are recorded by cameras with registration number recognition.
The whole site is covered by CCTV, and I'm particularly lucky that one points directly at my boat.
There are hoses all over the site for washing down, including a dedicated wash area, and a chemical toilet waste disposal point.
I also get a discount on the boat insurance, as do caravan owners because the site is Caravan Club registered.

This costs me £180 per quarter, but would be less is I paid for the whole year in one go.

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #122265923rd Jan 2014 6:16 pm
Chris1969

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

.... got our Caravan at a place in Kenilworth... silver site and its £375 a year... it's a working farm bu it's very secure storage, good access, concete hardstanding, undercover.

I have looked around a couple of times, but I think the one we use seems to offer the best value for money.

Not much use for you in Manchester, but just gives more price comparisons Thumbs Up
 .. still learning Surprised)

Isofix car seat, Isofix baby seat base, crushed carpet crisps, sticky leather seats (next to Isofix car seat), upgraded front rubber cup holder things, wired up USB charge and audio for my iphone, side steps, de-tango'd lights, H7 OSRAM Nighbreakers, LED side lights, LED reverse lights, clear repeaters, Narpy Grill... tools I don't know how to use.... yet.. 

Post #122713030th Jan 2014 2:18 pm
Crost

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I pay £26 a month for Silver, its like fort knox with moat on three sides!! Thumbs Up
 Mark

Remember its only an obsession....

Mods:
Original Beanie Narpy Grill, Black lettering, De-Tango'ed, Side steps, Hids LEDs upgrade, Halo DRL, Smoked side repeaters, D4 Bluetooth upgrade, Flacks magic with the fault mate, Upgraded D4 compressor, ERG's blanked, Tints, D4 rear lights, Short rails & cross bars, LR Ladder. Reversing camera (needs activating!!) 

Post #122718330th Jan 2014 4:00 pm
sean 471

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Why not try a site with storage. I pay 365 for a site with its own compound. I just ring up and it's put on the pitch. Saves me towing and the cost is the same. Though I do tow all over the place it's just handy some times not to have to tow, which is easier in the winter.

Post #122725730th Jan 2014 5:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >