Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Campsite 6A supplies - for the electrically minded
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
al cope

England 

@ somersetjedi - as that 'van is one of the new Eldiss 8ft wide 'vans. the roof mounted aircon isnt an option

There is something on the Elddis website about it. Found it, Avante handbook:

https://elddis-site-assets.s3.amazonaws.co...ndbook.pdf

page 16 of the Avante handbook - FAQ's

Al

PS - I have an 840 on order - collect in just over a week Thumbs Up
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #191964527th Feb 2018 3:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Somersetjedi

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Al cope - very interesting topic.
I asked the very question last week at the NEC caravan show, official word is that no, you can't fit it. And, if you do, you will invalidate the warranty. However, i had multiple Elddiss dealer’s say they have fitted them and willing to do mine for £££.
They said it depends on what variant you have, the location of the vent i would take out is close to a wardrobe and fridge unit. So the unit is only 600mm away from support on two sides. The actual A/C unit weighs 32KG, and they say you can walk around on top of these Solid constructed units without harming them. So with the A/C unit being a third of my body weight, the van would need to see a 3G jolt to be the equivalent.
Thought long and hard about the pro's and con's of a roof mount or freshwell under seat system and ducted up to outlets. The problem with the latter is converting it back once I’m ready to sell.

Welcome your thoughts ir anyone else on the subject.

Post #191965527th Feb 2018 4:01 pm
al cope

England 

I had looked a few times at getting one for the (now outgoing) Bailey but decided not to in the end. Like you, spoke to a few dealers seem to be OK with fitting one, but like anything (inc LR dealers promises), if it goes tits up that are not the ones with an empty wallet.

also - I have the upgraded wieght plate option on the new Elddis as the user payload without it isnt great.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #191965827th Feb 2018 4:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Somersetjedi

I guess, do it in such away that you could revert it back if there was an issue. Thumbs Up

The vans are great, particularly the living area, I have a family of 5 and there is loads of room for those rainy days.

Post #191966227th Feb 2018 4:16 pm
al cope

England 

There's now only the 2 of us, and the 840 layout with fixed bed is a great couples 'van - our outgoing Bailey was the same layout.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #191968427th Feb 2018 5:01 pm
gvw

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Somersetjedi wrote:
So to add detail, the A/C unit i need for the size van has a power consumption of 4.2A, but the inrush current is 28 A. This is for only a few milliseconds and I'm told isn't enough to trip the 6A breaker.

I'm going to comit to buying this today so I'll see.

From the decals that looks like a 2017 elddis crusader?
If so then a Truma AC unit was listed in the 2017 as an optional extra
https://elddis-site-assets.s3.amazonaws.co...t-2017.pdf

Post #191977327th Feb 2018 7:15 pm
Somersetjedi

It's a 2017 Elddis Avante GTS 866, dealer special with a host of extras. Looks like a more expensive Crusader with silver sides, but it is in fact an Avante GTS from Newport Caravans. As a van I we love it, but we're off to Spain and i want some A/C. Still undecided - Roof mount, under bench or just portable ducted out the floor.

Post #191979027th Feb 2018 7:34 pm
gvw

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hmm I see.
My 1st thought would be the warranty on such a new van so if Elddis don't say it's possible then I wouldn't bother with a roof mounted unit and look at alternatives

Post #191980227th Feb 2018 7:45 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

al cope wrote:
There's now only the 2 of us, and the 840 layout with fixed bed is a great couples 'van - our outgoing Bailey was the same layout.

Al

Al is yours the one with the side fixed bed and the side dinette?
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #191991128th Feb 2018 7:04 am
al cope

England 

Russ. Yes it is. It's exactly the same layout as our Bailey Olympus 620/6. We pick up the Elddis (Supreme 840) next friday

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #192020728th Feb 2018 5:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >