Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Buying a used D3 - need your advice please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Michaeln

South Africa 
Buying a used D3 - need your advice please!

Hi All

I have decided I will be buying a second hand D3 Very Happy

Looking around the local car classifeds (I live in South Africa Rolling with laughter ) - there are about 70+ models on the market here. What should I be looking for?

-Engine: There are three engines here, V6 petrol (no thanks) TDV6 and V8 petrol. I am thinking of getting the V8 because I only drive about 12 000km per year so fuel cost is not so important and plus I like overtaking Very Happy

-Model: S, SE or HSE? I believe the S has coil suspension? Do all models have the glass roof? Privacy glass - can this be installed afterwards? How do you tell if it is a 7 or 5 seater from the model number?

-Year: I believe 2005 are a no go because of the compressor issue and other early-model style faults. Is 2006 ok or am I really aiming for 2007?

-Mileage: - Most models are between 50 000km and 80 000km. When does the clutch wear out? When is the service when the cam belt must be done? (major service)

-Major repair cost: How much do these cost (in the UK) - clutch replacement (auto and manual), blown turbo and compressor?

-Extended Maintainance: Its available here for about GBP 1700 per annum. It only covers stuff that breaks - nothing else. Worth it or a rip off? (I am guessing rip off).

Let the answers roll... Thumbs Up

Post #55185716th Nov 2009 1:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >