Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Xplore

Portugal 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #8068825th Aug 2006 10:37 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

since 2000 I have had 4 new cars 3 landrovers & 1 vauxhall, the frontera had a major gearbox failure & 2 yes 2 recalls, a transmission problem & It was in the garage regularly. I had a D2 for 3 years & did approx 70 K in it - I had a small diesel & oil leak which of course was fixed & it started every time, I regularly took it in the sea to launch boats, and towed a caravan for about 20K of that mileage. I have had 2 D3's and the only problem I have is that the mirrors occasionally stick on my latest one after reversing....on that basis I can condemm all Vauxhalls & particularly Fronteras can't I, using your logic?
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #8069325th Aug 2006 11:17 pm
catweasel

I suppose Mr Negative ( and yes it was negative, not many others would have saw that point of view, only those looking for a negative slant) is maybe missing the point that maybe it was easier to go along with the ribbing rather than enlighten them and to tell them to f..k off. my workmates do this to me but aren't serious as it's a case of mine's better than yours, or in your case H mine's bigger than yours.

Post #8071126th Aug 2006 1:07 am
DickyH

Lighten up guys. Anyone would think I'd just insulted your wife or something. It's only a car. Wink

Post #8071326th Aug 2006 1:15 am
catweasel

practice what you preach then and stop jumping down LR's throat and bagging something we have/will invest heavily then. think about it, you insult the D3 you insult our choice, you insult our choice you insult us. it's only human nature to defend yourself, what reaction do you expect.

BTW it's not just a car

Post #8071426th Aug 2006 1:22 am
Jamo

Australia 

If a car was produced that definitively couldn't break down, then everyone would buy it and all the other car makers would go bust! Assuming that you'll never have a breakdown is at best naive.

Now, more importantly, chedddarwards, what did she look like! Wink
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #8071626th Aug 2006 3:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cheddarwards

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Jamo

At last we get to the important stuff - her looks!

Given that either her or her other half (you can make that call) had decided to purchase the Disco, they must have been beautiful people.

If it was me who had had the breakdown I think I would have told LR assistance that I was broken down in the pub car park & then got them to collect me from there & then take me onto my broken down car. In fact if I’d have made it to the pub, then sod the car I’ll walk home.

On the subject of taking abuse because of the car you drive, we all do it, it's only lighthearted. One of the guys in the car with me drives a BMW, he takes more stick for that than i ever would.

I think you should take it as a compliment that they want to talk about your car.

All the above aside waiting for LR Assistance on a Bank Holiday weekend must be a nightmare, she's probably still waiting.

Post #8072426th Aug 2006 8:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >