DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Breaks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dougy72

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Breaks

Hello,

I'm new to the site and i am the proud owner of a Disco 3 HSE on a 54 plate, (only had it a week) I have nothing bad to say and love the vehicle very much as do my Kids in the back with the DVD playier nice. I was wondering if any there is or has been a convertion to the front break's as to be fair there not very good. I know the new RangeRover have the Brembo system on them and as i have been told the under side of the Disco is simular to the Sport so was wondering if you could put them on the Disco?

Sorry to go round the house to get to the point but like i said new to this so be nice ok.
 Life is full of up's and down's but they are more fun when your in your Disco 3  
Post #34343613th Sep 2008 6:45 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The standard brakes are fine. You are right, the RR Sport Brembos can be made to fit and a little search on here will tell you that some have indeed done the conversion. (on 19" wheels they fit IIRC)

I would say that a good starter would be (as yours is 05) to make sure brake fluid is clean and recently changed. Pads and discs are in good condition. If all is well. It could be that you need to adjust to the fact your are driving 2.7 tonnes of metal round and need to adjust your driving accordingly.

Last check, push the brake pedal hard to engage the abs and hold your foot down til the car stops - will give you a good idea of your stopping distance Thumbs Up (make sure you are on an empty road)
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #34343713th Sep 2008 6:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

The brakes are excellent on a D3. So I would get yours checked out Thumbs Up
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #34343913th Sep 2008 7:05 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

D3 brakes are amongst the best on the 4x4 market, and only 2nd to the RRS.....Perhaps pads/fluid change is due on yours being 4 years old is about right. I got mine changed before I collected it from dealer and NEVER had an issue with stopping.

Maybe I cant tell the difference as my previous motor was a disco td5, before that a 300 series, before that a Defender 90................................I have the green blood thing, they aint just transport but a lifestyle

Enjoy and Welcome to the forum Thumbs Up

Post #34344213th Sep 2008 7:33 pm
Dougy72

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sorry for this thread looked fether than my noise in the forum and found the topics thanks and sorry.
 Life is full of up's and down's but they are more fun when your in your Disco 3  
Post #34344413th Sep 2008 7:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >