Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

BODY CONTROL MODULE FAILURE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
andym

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Just had two suspension failures and computer read HDC failure.

Dealer was unable to diagnose fault. This means in my book I still have an undiagnosed fault which will no doubt return. The dealer suggested keeping the car and driving it for customer deliveries to see if it defaulted in their presence. I am open to most offers but did not like this one at all.

The car Dec 2004 has only done 17 k and so far I have suffered the usual problems with brakes, suspension failure x 3 and a new compressor which took a week to fix. Uneven tyre wear / bush settle which required a re balance and the usual low coolant level warning. The problem I am facing is that this car is unreliable and we are about to start off on a two week holiday to the Alps on the 30th of March. Also the warranty is up in November and where will I be then.

I am considering an offer to part ex it for a 2006 model or even buying a new one. The question is - is it better to keep the devil you known and which you also know has new parts fitted etc and has not been trashed or better to trade it in for a newer 2006 edition or even bite the bullet and buy a new one. Csh may be an issue as I spent it all on this one.

Perhaps Landrover could pay some or all of the difference.

I have to say that I think was a little brave buying a new first build car and I and getting irritated by the constant drip feed of problems. As it is a weekend car the problems are only coming out slowly. There is also little time to put any serious mileage into it to see if it performs before I set off with the wife and kids.

Anyone had any joy with Landrover about trading in or up.

Any confidentiality agreements out there.

I take it if it breaks down up an Alp they will bring me a replacment one via Landrover Assit?!!

Post #1372108th Mar 2007 9:04 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There is a TSB about front suspension failures caused by corrosion, only recent I believe:

10forcash wrote:
Interestingly, theres a new TSB relating to the front air suspension:-

"LTB00038 - Air Suspension Not Operating Correctly issued 05 March 2007
VIN-range: 5A000256-6A413981

The air suspension is not operating correctly, with the possibility of Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C1A31-01 stored.

Cause: Corrosion in the chassis harness connector C2099 (installed at the front control valve) or associated wiring, located in the right-hand front wheel arch.
NOTE: Do NOT install a new complete chassis harness for this concern.

Action: Should a customer express concern, and connector C2099 or the associated wiring has corrosion, install a new overlay harness"
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #1373018th Mar 2007 11:23 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I had one of these happen last time I drank too much wine!
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #1373399th Mar 2007 5:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >