Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Bluetooth Intermittent!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DiscoDuck

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

"Can you find and possibly post / send me a picture of your D4 BT phone module.
Especially the label on it."

I am not sure where the module is, can anyone help?

DD
 D4 HSE
Blue 

Post #53572517th Oct 2009 9:18 am
ossrider

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Have you had any luck sorting this issue DiscoDuck?

I am having the same problem with my HTC Touch Diamond. Again the LR website suggests it should all work just dandy as have all up to date rom etc. Sometimes it works great then others I get the 'no phone fitted' message on screen and then other times phone works but without phonebook listings. Such a pain as it always seems to be working when I don't need it and then just as the service is required, 'no phone fitted'!

Oh wish I could help you with finding the module but don't know where it is myself! Smile

Post #53790121st Oct 2009 7:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Sorry, been delinquent in monitoring replies... phone is an iPhone 3G. Out bound calls are absolutely fine, but for inbound I'd say fewer than 1 in 3 have any volume. can't see any pattern to answering on the phone, the touchscreen or the steering wheel buttons. I guess when I get the recall on the drive shaft welding (!) I'll get the dealer to try it out and see what I'm whinging about.

Martin

Post #53794021st Oct 2009 8:06 pm
DiscoDuck

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Have just re-flashed phone with the same ROM and it seems to have sorted it - still worked on D3 but perhaps the phone is to blame but D4 maybe more fussy?

DD
 D4 HSE
Blue 

Post #53794821st Oct 2009 8:19 pm
ossrider

Following DD's lead I have also reflashed my phone with the same rom and it does seem to have done the trick. All working much faster now and call register function now working which it didn't before. Will keep my fingers crossed that it continues to work solidly. Very Happy

Post #53825022nd Oct 2009 11:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Guys - can you help me understand what is involved in "reflashing my phone with the same ROM" ????

We have an Iphone 3G and often have no volume of incoming calls. Very annoying / weird and unhelpful so would welcome a "fix".
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #53872922nd Oct 2009 11:54 pm
ossrider

Hi Smarticus,

Not sure how the iphone operates compared to the HTC Diamond of mine but I downloaded the latest rom from the Orange support website to my computer and then ran it following the instructions. Basically clean installing the phone back to factory reset in essence. A sort of clean install. I then needed to start from fresh setting up the phone again with all its connections and re syncing my calendar and contacts back etc.

Is there a support section on apple iphone website you could use? Or can you google latest iphone 3g software?

Have you checked on the Land Rover website for compatibility? Having just had a quick glance myself to see if rom's are mentioned for the iphone I note that the 3gs isn't recommended as there is a known audio issue. Is your phone a 3gs? Neutral

Post #53873323rd Oct 2009 12:25 am
tim144

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Can you help please? My I phone 3G fails to give any volume on incoming calls - 2 out of 3 calls in my Disco 4 XS - I see the thread around 'Flashing; sounds risky to me!! How do I do this with my IPhone? Thanks

Post #54123728th Oct 2009 8:13 am
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Tim

I think you need to install the latest version of the software onto your Iphone. This seems to be done on the Apple Store where there is an option to update your software. Its similar to downloading a new APP or Tune I think - but I haven't done it yet. Always a bit nervous about doing this type of thing since I tried it once on a Nokia N95 and lost all my contacts and couldn't restore the back up. Really screwed me up for months as I had over 300 contacts in daily use.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #54124628th Oct 2009 9:16 am
eaglesrest

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Smarticus

If you connect your iPhone 3G to iTunes and ask for a firmware update you can see if you have the latest firmware. Do the update if there is a later version available (NOTE: this doesn't wipe your iPhone data - all your contacts, music etc should remain). If you already have the latest firmware (unlikely if youve never tried it before) then you can try deleting your BT pairing with the car, then re-pair - this has worked once for me on the D3 after a flash of my iPhone 3GS. For some reason if they modify the BT stack on the phone, the old pairing doesnt always work properly.

If that doesn't work then you will need to restore your iPhone to its factory settings. You should make sure iTunes has an exact copy of everything on it - music, pics, apps, calendar, contacts, etc then follow this guide:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414
Once its restored, sync with iTunes and everything should go back on.

One other point if your not already on 3.x of the firmware then your in for a treat when you do the upgrade. other than improved BT connectivity there is also a host of new features - it's like getting a new phone! Just remember to delete the car pairing and re-pair after flashing/upgrading the phone.

Post #54126028th Oct 2009 9:57 am
tim144

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Eaglesrest / Smarticus - I followed your instructions - downloaded latest software to my I phone then re paired to my D$ - all works fine now. Many thanks Tim

Post #5446902nd Nov 2009 10:30 pm
Reginald Molehusband

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Hey Ossrider,
I have an htc touch diamond and it drops in and out of coupling with my D4. Can you tell me what verson your updated ROM is so I know whether to go through the rigmarole of re-flashing. Mine is currently 1.93.161.2 WWE

Post #55364819th Nov 2009 5:15 pm
ossrider

Hi Reginald,

The ROM that I reflashed my diamond with is 1.93.405.1. it's the 'tested' one from the Land Rover website bluetooth advisor. I 'think' but not entirely sure it was the same before the reflash, BUT the reflash has cleared up the main problem of connecting that I was having.

The call register function was not available prior to the update either and that now works fine. There is still the odd occasion when the phone does not connect for some reason but I turn off the car ignition, lock and then unlock with key fob and then restart and all is well!

Hope that helps Very Happy

Post #55366619th Nov 2009 5:59 pm
Reginald Molehusband

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Thanks Ossrider, I shall give it a whirl. Thumbs Up

Post #55367619th Nov 2009 6:20 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Ive started a new thread related to the ipnone incoming call problem, can people please post there iphone software version and build version in the thread so we can compare.

And post what if any problems you have with your phone and the D4.

Thanks Pete

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post567582.html#567582

Post #56756119th Dec 2009 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >