Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Blown fuse has kept my D4 off the road for a week
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4
Blown fuse has kept my D4 off the road for a week

My D4 has been faultless for nearly 2 years Thumbs Up that is until I took it into Stratstones MK for its 30k service last Thursday. When I picked the car up from them after they called to say it was ready I started the engine but it immediately cut out again. I started it again and it was fine all Thursday evening and all day Friday, so I thought no more of it.
Then Friday evening I dropped my kids off at Sea Cadets, turned off the engine but then it wouldn't start again. Called LR Assist who sent out the AA who also couldn't get it to start, so after 5 hours waiting in the rain the car was eventually brought home on a recovery truck.
Saturday morning a LR Assist guy turned up and found that a fuse had blown that controls the fuel pump, but couldn't understand why it had gone in the first place. Anyway it was working all be it that it seem to take longer cranking the engine over before it started than normal.
Saturday evening SWIMBO decided to take the kids (5) to Mc D's but on route the engine cut out completely at 50mph leaving her stranded in the middle lane of a very fast 3 lane ring road and they couldn't even get out of the car as traffic was passing her on both sides doing 60 + mph.
She called the police and me. I got there to find the police and 5 very scared kids + my wife who was in tears. Anyway the police allowed me to tow my car using her Disco to the local dealer Hartwell which was only one junction on fortunately. So we left the car outside the dealer, I left a long note saying what had happened, called in on Sunday and told the sales manager who said he would explain to service on Monday morning.
Then at 5pm last night (Wednesday) I received a call from the service department.........Hello this is Hartwell Landrover, what's exactly wrong with your car Banging Head Banging Head OK we've fitted a new battery because yours was flat Shocked but we can't find out what's caused the fuse to blow Rolling Eyes so they plan to have another look today. I've told them that I will not accept the car back until they can prove to me exactly what's caused the problem.
In the mean time I have a brand new HSE from LR so I don't mind waiting Thumbs Up
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #107532121st Mar 2013 10:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >