DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

Blackvue Parking Mode - Constantly Recording
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
Blackvue Parking Mode - Constantly Recording

Hi All,

I am having an issue with the Blackvue I've installed in the Range Rover - but I know this forum contains the subject matter experts on Blackvue so I thought I'd ask here!

My camera is plugged into cubby hole cigarette lighter in the RR, which is permanently live. When the RR is parked up, the camera is permanently recording. I have turned motion sensing off, and the movement sensitivity is down massively, yet is still records everything 24/7 when parked.

I have 11.5 hours of uninterrupted HD footage of my office car park today... Not a second wasn't recorded!

I can see from the posts here that some people have had this trouble but I can't find a solution. Any ideas??

In an ideal world I'd rather not disconnect it when I leave the car due to a) inconvenience and b) I want to record any bashes or bumps as I often leave the car in airport/office/public car parks.

Thanks,

Chris
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #143267624th Feb 2015 10:35 pm
Wee Gaz

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Alveston RedDiscovery 3

Hi CY if it is constantly feed it will record your best bet is fitting a power magic box buddy

Post #143268824th Feb 2015 10:45 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

If you go in to settings, you can adjust the sensitivities for the parking mode, I had to experiment with mine, now got it about right, but if its very windy it still records constantly.

Installing a power magic would be no good, as all this does is switch the power off if the battery falls below a certain voltage or power off the blackvue after so many hours.

Post #143273024th Feb 2015 11:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DaveC

United Kingdom 

I've found pretty much the same. Seems like even with sensitivity as low as it goes things like leaves blowing on trees sets it off.
 XC90 T8 R Design Pro

MY14 D4 HSE Lux (sadly gone)
Mariana Black with Ivory interior and lots of toys! 

Post #143284325th Feb 2015 9:53 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

whenever I have had any issues with the BV's the first thing I do is reformat the SD card, stick it back into the BV, let it do it's stuff and get into operating mode, then turn it off again, take the card out ad check all of the settings. If all that appears ok and it still doesn't go into parking mode; do a factory reset on the BV and see if that sorts it Thumbs Up

Have to say though, I haven't had any issues in either of mine since changing to Sandisk extreme cards a few years back
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #143284725th Feb 2015 10:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Popelka

Czech Republic 

I'm not sure if correct but if in parking mode you turn motion detection off then that will leave it recording all the time, if you have motion detection on then while the camera is looking it doesnt record until something moves Confused
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #143315625th Feb 2015 8:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >