Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Inchcape Derby - Third time lucky??!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Browny90

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Inchcape Derby - Third time lucky??!

Morning All, thought I'd have a quick rant as it's causing me a pain in my A Censored se.. Mainly from my misses!

So a couple of months ago I had restricted performance, after being at the dealers for 2/3 weeks and various replaced parts then figured out it was the n/S Intake manifold.. (Even though I told then I suspected a manifold when I dropped it off) Rolling Eyes

Go it back and went for a sunny trip to Stratford UA with the family.. When overtaking a truck on a crawler lane I dropped a cog and ad I did I noticed ALOT of smoke behind me.. Stopped and found it leaking fuel excessively from somewhere behind the engine, or possibly one of the injector pipes, leaking directly onto the exhaust..

Vehicle recovered and 4 days later I got it back, apparently when you replace the manifold you should also replace some fuel pipes, which they didn't..

I was grumpy but figured it was fixed so balance was restored..

NOW!!

yesterday I did the same thing on a crawler lane and again bellowed smoke and stinks of fuel.. Its been drive quite lightly over the past few weeks but with a faint hint of diesel smell, I figured it was residual, but now think it was dripping a small amount onto the exhaust.

I took it for a blast last night, when home, smoke pluming from under the bonnet, ironically behind the n/s of the engine (between the manifold and bulkhead)

There's no puddle of fuel under, but there was some in the engine tray. As I say, I suspect it leaking directly onto the exhaust.

Coincidence? I think/ hope not!

Now waiting for a call back from the service manager, who is apparently looking at the history.. funny that since I haven't even told him what the issue is yet!

RANT OVER, (FOR NOW!)
 Disco4 MY16 SDV6 Landmark Black
Disco4 MY12 SDV6 XS Orkney Grey (Gone)
Defender 90 200tdi Completely rebuilt. 

Post #198214710th Sep 2018 10:27 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >