DISCO3.CO.UK > Tips & Tricks

Best way to link mobile phone to car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Chocolate

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi there guys, great forum, just bought my Disco and lovin it Laughing
The question I have is on my SE version with the premium Audio, I have the telephone button on dash, when pressed it says "no phone fitted". What do I need to get my bluetooth phone to work through the audio speakers, muting the sound etc.. as in my old car.

This is a feature I really need and dont want to invalidate my warranty by fitting a Parrot device or similar.

Thanks in advance, I await your expert advice eagerly!!!! Very Happy

Car of the Year 2005, 2006 and 2007, Best Large 4x4
Top Gear "Best Car In The World"
4x4 Magazine "Best 4x4 In The World"

2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 SE Manual, Zambezi Silver, Ebony Powered/Heated Leather, Privacy Glass, Side protection, Parrot CK3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit, 18" Type 2 Alloys, Bi-Xenons, and Tasmods Stainless Steel sill trims, MANTEC Protection 

Post #11135620th Dec 2006 12:44 am
Dave

United Kingdom 

Hi there Chocolate

Welcome to the forum

Re: your question, As far as I am aware you need the Personal Telephone Integration (PTI) I may be wrong but someone who knows better will no doubt sort you out. My bluetooth phone will not work on my SE without it.
 Captain Nick Medhurst would ask:
"What is the first rule when overlanding?"

I would Reply:
"Duratrac" 

Post #11136120th Dec 2006 1:00 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Some of us who have early cars were slightly 'misguided' at the start. When I ordered mine in Nov 04, I wanted the advertised BT PTI which was a £350 option (approx amount). My dealer accepted the order, only to inform me just before delivery that it was not available, but would be available in March 05 as a retro fit. They refunded the money I had paid for the BT Option.

OK, no problem, I took delivery in good faith.

In March, I enquired about the retro fit and was shocked to told that it was not possible to fully retro fit the factory option, but an accessory option was available that would not quite have the full function of the factory kit, but would work OK, but here's the bad bit OVER £600 TO FIT No matter that I had originally ordered it and was dissapointed, "Takes hours to fit" I was told.

Anyway, I bought a £25 headset and it works just fine.

Post #11136220th Dec 2006 1:00 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Best way to link mobile phone to car

Chocolate wrote:
Hi there guys, great forum, just bought my Disco and lovin it Laughing
The question I have is on my SE version with the premium Audio, I have the telephone button on dash, when pressed it says "no phone fitted". What do I need to get my bluetooth phone to work through the audio speakers, muting the sound etc.. as in my old car.

This is a feature I really need and dont want to invalidate my warranty by fitting a Parrot device or similar.

Thanks in advance, I await your expert advice eagerly!!!! Very Happy

If you don't have the fitted PTI kit then you can't just make it work ..if you have an aftermarket bluetooth kit then it can be wired in to make it come out of the stereo..and be able to use the steering wheel buttons for volume

This is the lead you need http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-124B.html

Then you will get the fuction below

and i have an SE model aswell

G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #11136520th Dec 2006 1:11 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the site Thumbs Up

Do you have the two phone buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel? If not you don't have the factory or dealer fit phone kit installed, if you do then we can get it working dependant on what phone you've got
 The End  
Post #11137220th Dec 2006 1:39 am
Chocolate

Wow!!!, what a great response!!, thank you all for your prompt replies,

I was driving past the main dealer today and popped in for some advice on getting the BT PTI same as Gareth mentioned, he said it could be done for around £750!!!! Shocked , but then he recommended an auto electrical place that do some of their work, and advised me that this would not affect my warranty.

So I am getting the latest colour Parrot Blutooth thingy connected to audio system for £250 fitted.

Also I have booked car in with the same guys for the tints doing from B pillar back as they do the dealers stuff, cost is £275.

Only thing Im not sure of though is the grade of tint to have, either 15% (DARK) or 5% (VERY DARK) icouldnt see the point of having the other 2 options as they seemed too light.

Any advice would be appreciated from any of you guys with tints already, cheers again.

2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 SE Manual, Zambezi Silver, Ebony Powered/Heated Leather, Privacy Glass, Side protection, Parrot CK3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit, 18" Type 2 Alloys, Bi-Xenons, and Tasmods Stainless Steel sill trims, MANTEC Protection 

Post #11169120th Dec 2006 8:48 pm
rolwin

Sweden 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Nokia 616 HF Installed

Hello,

I have installed the Nokia Handsfree 616 in my HSE with the LR external antenna. No problems once I found "the cable" from Autoleads (UK). It works both as a fixed phone (with SIM card) and as a Bluetooth device, either as a HF or connecting with selected Nokia phones (need to support SIM Access). Price ... just about 450 € all included.

Will post pictures if anyone is keen to see how it looks.

Best regards
Roland
 2011 D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE, Fully speced.

For fun and forest work: Suzuki KingQuad 450 ATV 

Post #11398829th Dec 2006 2:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chocolate

would be great to see pictures of your install, great that it works both bluetooth and fixed.

Mine being an SE though, I bet it wont have the same bits as yours, SLIMER I dont have the steering wheel phone buttons, only on dash.

Post #11400929th Dec 2006 3:33 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

You don't have the kit fitted then, ignore the dash button it's only used if you have the kit and cradle fitted.

So your options are the dealer fit kit (expensive unless you fit it yourself like I did) or a 3rd party one (Nokia, Parrot etc.)

Rolands HSE will probably have the Premium audio but it's basically the same as yours when it come to fitting phone kits
 The End  
Post #11401129th Dec 2006 3:54 pm
rolwin

Sweden 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Here are some pictures(click on the link), it's fully integrated with the premium soundsystem but the steering wheel phone controls does not work with this device. (Only LR PTI)

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=864
 2011 D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE, Fully speced.

For fun and forest work: Suzuki KingQuad 450 ATV 

Post #11404829th Dec 2006 8:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Nice pictures ..

So how do you eat Ginsters without all the bits around the gear stick etc etc
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #11415730th Dec 2006 1:39 pm
Chocolate

hi again, just to update, had the Parrot CK3200LS Colour fitted to the car, must say its a great piece of kit, synching via bluetooth to either my SE K600, work windows smartphone or wifes nokia without any problems.

Main thing is sound quality at both ends is very good, none of that horrible echoing that you get with some hands free.
Confused
I can fully reccomend it. Very Happy

Post #1172227th Jan 2007 12:04 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Slimer wrote:

So your options are the dealer fit kit (expensive unless you fit it yourself like I did) or a 3rd party one (Nokia, Parrot etc.)

How much of a job was it to fit please? I fitted a Nokia kit in my last motor but fancy the factory one this time and would be interested to know what is involved. Oh and roughly how much is the kit to buy?
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #12305623rd Jan 2007 8:18 am
Butts

United Kingdom 

I'm just about to order a new HSE. No mention that i can see of phone options. i kind of assumed that it would automaticaly work via Bluetooth with my Nokia. Am I being hopelessly optimistic?

Post #12306023rd Jan 2007 9:12 am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Butts wrote:
I'm just about to order a new HSE. No mention that i can see of phone options. i kind of assumed that it would automaticaly work via Bluetooth with my Nokia. Am I being hopelessly optimistic?

Yes it will.
 Matt  
Post #12306123rd Jan 2007 9:29 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >