Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

BBS & BAS D3 & D4 Mapping capability news
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi

More info about BBS's Faultmate MSV2 for D3 here on their web site. not my site Smile

https://www.blackbox-solutions.com/shop/help/SM129.html

Regarding enhancements of your car, there are many different uses the tool has as many forum members have found out. The choice is yours on how you choose to use the functions provided by the tool.

Do a search for Wiggs on the forum, he has used the MSV2 on the D3 for many different functions other than fault finding diagnostics, more info is available/shared between members on the BBS support forum after a purchase is made.

On the engine management changes , im not really sure ive understood your question. The MSV2 lets you program MY performance tuning changes which can be paid for directly on the BBS web site as an extra if you wanted tuning, it does not let you make your own changes to the mapping so you would not need to make any informed descisions about it.

Please feel free to ask further questions if ive not answerd to your needs in this post.

Pete

Post #6133282nd Mar 2010 10:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jamesbond007

Portugal 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Pete
Question: I understand that there is an FCR in your remap tool. Can you explain a little bit (non tech please)?
Can I use it to clear FC if I am about to be stranded?
Thanks!
 The older I get, the better I was.

Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto (BAS remap) after Defender TD4 110 Crew Cab and 1964 SIIA 88. 

Post #61980012th Mar 2010 5:44 pm
bellautos

Hi
The BBS faultmate MSV2's function of programming my tune gives fault code read and clear along with a discrpiption of the fault, it also has the capeability to be used in standalone mode so you can clear faults when you are out and about.

Pete

Post #61980212th Mar 2010 5:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jamesbond007

When I use your interface to change "tunes", it would tell me if there were a fault or just clear it?

Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto (BAS remap) after Defender TD4 110 Crew Cab and 1964 SIIA 88. 

Post #61980512th Mar 2010 5:59 pm
bellautos

Hi
For my clarification so i can answer corretly, when you ask about the interface do you mean a BAS remap interface or a BBS Faultmate MSV2 that has a tune installed ?

Pete

Post #61980712th Mar 2010 6:03 pm
jamesbond007

I am sorry, your BAS interface.

Post #61980812th Mar 2010 6:05 pm
bellautos

This sort of takes this thread off topic really because this is really about BBS and i working together on the BBS products and not the existing BAS interface so ill answer the best i can to keep it fare and sort of on topic.

The BAS interface will read and clear basic engine management only fault codes with the press of a button.
It reads generic PXXXX fault codes and does not give a in tool discription for them.

The MSV2 Faultmate will read and clear ALL the cars fault codes with the press of a button.
It reads generic PXXXX fault codes and does give discription for them.

Both tools in standalone mode.

Regards Pete

Post #61981312th Mar 2010 6:11 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It has now been quite a while (in fact near 4 months) since i first started this thread with the news of the BBS and BAS collaboration and the ambitious aims we had jointly set, detailing what we eventually hoped to achieve and offer to all.

Perhaps some may have though this as just hopeful or wishful thinking, pie in the sky, smoke and mirrors, empty promises or other such, heard it all before talk that is so common. Don't feel bad, i get that a lot Laughing Laughing Laughing

However those who remember the days when i first started posting here with a product that did little more than read and clear fault codes and a host of promises of much better things to come, will have slowly witnessed just how extensively those promises i made have been turned into a now very common reality.
Where once the CCF had been mentioned only once or twice on this board, now many hundreds have had theirs modified with our equipment and enjoy previously un imagined benefits.

And so it is also becoming the case with the promises i made here on this thread too.
Already, and almost without notice, there is already a growing number of members who have been able to program a BAS remap into their Disco 3's using our equipment. Just like the BAS BOX they can also save their existing engine management ECU's contents and toggle between them at will. In stand alone mode too, if they have an Extreme. any SV owner can now buy a BBS - BAS remap for their car and any MV owner can buy one for any car and program it in with their system.

A little self ingratiating and self complimentary perhaps, but i tell you that the degree of trust and joint co operation me and Pete have had to put in to make this day a reality is simply staggering. For me, reaching this point in a joint venture is beyond my wildest dreams, and i will certainly do all in my power to continue to build upon what we have started and achieved here already.

In any event, i just wanted to share a very proud and notable able moment with you all rather than let it slip by un noticed and of course publicly thank Pete for his part.

Post #62380719th Mar 2010 10:35 pm
bellautos

I can only echo what Colin has already posted about our joint venture and the achievements we have made together.
For me also it is very proud moment to be sharing what is such a perfect working relationship of to companys that are combining forces to achieve what most people can only dream off.

Thankyou also Colin.

Pete

Post #62543022nd Mar 2010 10:15 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Thanks...

And I can vouch for both parties as a fully satisfied customer with my MSV2 and BAS remap.. first class service and two great products.

Flack ... Thumbs Up

Post #62544322nd Mar 2010 10:25 pm
loupy

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Ok i am getting a little confused can i buy a black box product and use bas map to install it.
Or can i buy bas box and install my map and laos read faults also?
What I really want to do with my Disco3 is
1. Remapp my ds3 with one of Bas maps.
2. Have a fault finding reset tool.
3. Reflash my ds3 with the latest software.
4. Unlock 4x4 info and whatever else can be unlocked ( I would prefer to get wiggs to do it but i am in northern ireland)

Can someone please let me know what is correct product to do both or do i need two products.[/list]

Post #6319115th Apr 2010 10:22 am
bellautos

loupy
For the functions/wants you have from your car.

Buy the Blackbox Faultmate MSV2, then buy from the BBS web shop in the accessories section the remap to go with it which is mine.

Pete

Post #6319225th Apr 2010 10:51 am
bearman

South Africa 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Pete

New at all this mapping stuff, as stated on the Africa section, am awaiting the arrival of my Faultmate. Would just like some clarity. Apologies if it is somewhere on the forum but have not been able to find it.

Is there any difference in your tune applied via the faultmate purchased on the BBS site and say one that would be applied via your unit and does the BBS one still get applied onto the original map of my vehicle?

Post #63682816th Apr 2010 1:16 pm
bellautos

Hi
The final tuning gain is identical to BBS or BAS.

The Faultmate will let you use Performance flash file loader to reprogram to standard or tuned as many times as you wish.

Pete

Post #63686016th Apr 2010 2:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >