Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

BBS & BAS D3 & D4 Mapping capability news
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
al cope

England 

I could test one in a hostile environment - I go through Handsworth in birmingham most mornings Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #55364319th Nov 2009 4:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
evo8

Slovakia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Is the current version of MSV2 able to read the engine ECU flash and save as bin (raw) format (format that is unencrypted - ie possible to open on map reading/editing software)?
 2013 D4 TDV6 S; Baltic Blue; IID Tool BT
2007 D3 TDV6 SE, Auto; club Faultmate MSV2 

Post #55628525th Nov 2009 11:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

HI evo8

BBS has originaly implemented the flashing facility to make the MSV2 system complete in its functionality and to help users update there cars software when needed.

The files used to flash as with landrovers IDS tool are VBF files and are not usable to the normal person and are not plane binary format.

What was you hoping for ?
Have you orderd the SM129 yet and is it for your own car or do you have a workshop ?
Im just trying to understand your bigger picture.

Pete

Post #55630926th Nov 2009 12:05 am
XX03

United Kingdom 

Colin (BBS) or Pete (BAS)

When this occurs, will I be able to use my MSV-2 and my existing BAS Maps, or will I need new Map Files to re-map using the Faultmate ?.

Paul
 Formerly Blakey  
Post #57019425th Dec 2009 9:55 am
opodden

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Save and protect existing map?

I don't understand absolutely everything about these things, so I need to ask: Would it be possible to save the map I already have in my car, and load it again in case a dealer overwrites it doing an update etc. I already have a Turbochip map, and it would be nice to be able to benefit from that investment in the future. To be absolutely clear, I'm not looking to modify the map.

Post #57887511th Jan 2010 12:21 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Paul
Sorry chap, I seem to have missed your post here on Xmas day,
Pete should be able to sort out your existing BBS remap to make it BBS compatible, might be worth dropping him a PM when the software is released. Thumbs Up

Opodden,
Yes that would be possible. You could toggle between any OEM map, your Turbochip map or up to ten BAS maps at will.

Post #57891811th Jan 2010 1:24 pm
daimlermg

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I intend to purchase a Faultmate FCR and also like the idea of a remap for the D4 3.0lt. . After lots and lots of reading posts and watching videos on utube I think I understand the different tools on offer for a single vehicle licence . I could be very wrong though so please put me right if I have misunderstood. Question

Pete, is your new version of the MSV-2 going to be able to do the Diagnostic , Fault Finding and resetting plus apply new maps all on the one tool set
So I would be better off buying this instead of a Faultmate FCR and Remap and get the enhanced diagnostics of the MSV-2 system

If this is the case do you have a availability date and price yet
Is there any Dino results for the D4 yet or have I missed them.
 Faultmate MSV-2
500,000 plus miles in RR,s and trying for more without breakdowns this time Smile
Gone Lexus RX400h SE
Past Audi A6 avant Qutro
Toyota Supra
Long line of RR's
Had for 40 years but now gone 1935 Daimler and 1937 MG 

Post #61193428th Feb 2010 6:41 pm
bellautos

HI
The Faultmate FCR does and only ever will read and clear fault codes.

If you intend to buy a BBS product for more functionality than just read/clear of faults then you need the Faultmate MSV2 or nano but to clarify its best you ask Colin as im still learning about all of his product range and functionality my self and would not want to misslead you.

The current MSV2 will do diagnostics CCF edit and all functions in the BBS forever growing software list with the added capeability to flash program many modules including the TDV6 2.7L TDV8 3.6L and the Defender Puma engine management systems with my tuning files.

To simplify what you need to know is.

D4 Faultmate FCR= fault codes only

D4 Faultmate MSV2 = All BBS functions in one tool, so fault codes , ABS brake bleed, serivce reset, oil dilution reset, water in oil reset, steering angle sensor calibration, actuator tests, suspention hights and tests and calibration, window pinch test and calibration, CCF edits, flash programming, FBH tests etc etc i cant list them all id be here all night, but put is this way we have been busy Smile

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 28th Feb 2010 10:21 pm. Edited 6 times in total 
Post #61194828th Feb 2010 6:54 pm
bellautos

Re the tuning, The D4 Bosch EDC17 ecu has a tricore processor in it that has got OBD Anti-Tuning protection tprotV6 which is very high up in the protection ladder, so i cant say when its going be available to tune diagnosticly untill we have completed a few more things.

All i can say is when it is you will know.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 28th Feb 2010 10:23 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #61207128th Feb 2010 9:46 pm
daimlermg

Thanks Pete
I shall wait with eager anticipation.

It is one month before I get my car and two months before I go off on a 3000 mile trip to Europe.

I will check again in a month and if it look like being after the end of April before your Version of the MSV-2 is available then I will get the Faultmate from Collin and sell it after my Europe trip so I can get your MSV-2 and a map from you

Thanks again
 Faultmate MSV-2
500,000 plus miles in RR,s and trying for more without breakdowns this time Smile
Gone Lexus RX400h SE
Past Audi A6 avant Qutro
Toyota Supra
Long line of RR's

Post #6126051st Mar 2010 9:16 pm
bellautos

To clarify, you can buy Colins MSV2 now and when tuning is available for the D4 it will also be added to the BBS version as well as my branded version.

Just as with the D3 RRS and Puma Defender the MSV2 owner can buy online at the BBS shop my tuning, this will be exactly the same for the D4 MSV2 direct from BBS.

So no need to wait for the D4 MSV2, you can order direct now and still have the same functions as my branded tool when its ready.

Pete

Post #6126321st Mar 2010 9:42 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It may seem a little self congratulatory, but i believe that the questioning as to D4 capability evolution possibilities of our equipment aired on this post does warrant just a little reflection, such that those who are asking or interested might fully appreciate the sincerity and history behind my resultant promissory comments.
I apologize to the Mods in advance for yet another lengthy / flowery post. Sorry guys, but it really does have to be said.

Most members, especially the older ones, will likely recall my appearing on this board from what must have seemed like "no where" to it's members about a year ago. Back then of course we only had equipment for the D3 on offer that did little more than read and clear fault codes, and was priced more so on what else i promised it would eventually be able to do, rather than what it did at that time.

But sure enough, much to the benefit of absolutely everyone who trusted me to be good to my word, here we now are with our equipment costing the same, but unquestionably now also providing aspects of capability and functionality way beyond that which could have been imagined, and certainly way beyond any other equipment. And unless you have not been paying any attention at all, you will know from the many thankful and MSV-2 related posts on here, that our equipment has certainly been very creatively used to benefit many hundreds of Disco 3 owners in some form or other and will no doubt go on to do so for years to come. And i have not even touched upon what we have also added in the way of our SRT and FCR budget items.

I am therefore quite sure that i do not need to point out our current position in the market place regards D3 diagnostic equipment, and i certainly don't wish to appear smug by any means. In fact i hope most interested parties have realized just how very hard we really do have to work to do what we do.

However at the same time, i should explain that the promises i made in those early days were not just some hopeful or wishful thinking that i have been lucky enough to have come true.

The fact of the matter is that here at BBS we have been developing and providing diagnostic equipment for well over 10 years now and it has always been more capable and feature rich than anything else. I therefore had no doubt in my mind that the D3 would also present us no problems, other than the time we needed to bring our D3 capability to the same level as all prior models we have long since covered to our ultimate degree.

Right from day one, we have always been up against ever increasingly complex forms of anti access security at which we have become quite adept and ever more experienced in handling.

A few months ago, and at no extra cost, many will know we released flash programming for absolutely every single possible on board system of the Disco 3. Something no other equipment provider has ever managed to do. From that point on our systems owners can now select absolutely any data set they wish using our extensive database and file library and program it in at the press of a button, but few realize that when they press that button, behind the scenes, every single one of the systems has its own totally unique rolling code anti access security algorithm that must be negotiated correctly to allow this to happen.

We were hoping that the D4 would use the same security algorithms as the D3 did, thus providing us a free and easy upgrade path, but alas not, just more business as usual.
As Pete knows, even to fire up his D4 fuel Burning heater required us to spend a few minutes sorting out the newest security algorithm it uses, as did the CCF edit, EAS and the few others we needed to do.

Don't get me wrong, i am by no means arrogant enough to believe that there is not some level of security we have yet to come across one day that might defeat us completely. But thus far, as any member of this board must surely recognize, we do have an absolute 100% proven track record of being able to do not only do anything the dealers IDS equipment can do, but vastly more to boot.

Now i know that our first release of D4 capability does not include flashing, which might be disappointing to some, but such things takes a lot of time to implement and test that we simply have not had yet, and it really is only with no small thanks to our more recent collaboration with Pete @ BAS that our released D4 software capability is already well beyond what we got to include with our first D3 release.

I note that there is some concern being aired as to difficulties of flashing some D4 ECU's, in particular the engine management, but frankly i honestly don't give a monkeys what security it has, what it is called, how many cores any ECU has or how advanced it is over its predecessor. I also do not care if anyone else has, or has not, been able to do this or not so far. The bottom line is that absolutely all D4 ECU's can be re programmed using nothing more that an IDS system, and if that can do it, it stands to reason that so can we.

It is therefore with absolute confidence and surety i promise that in due course, when we are good and ready, we will also be adding at no extra cost full "all ECU" flashing capability for Discovery 4 to our equipment and with thanks to Pete's help and input, this will definitely happen in a much shorter time frame than the D3.

Post #6132152nd Mar 2010 8:00 pm
daimlermg

Thanks Colin and Pete
May I say after reading 4 or 5 threads and dozens of pages tonight to the point of getting brain fade I have absolute cofindence in youself and Pete to the point of my next job is to place an order for the MSV-2 and get the mapping as its ready.
 Faultmate MSV-2
Gone Lexus RX400h SE
Past Audi A6 avant Qutro
Toyota Supra
Long line of RR's

Post #6132872nd Mar 2010 9:43 pm
daimlermg

Deed done

Ordered the MSV-2 Very Happy

Now I need a drink to get over it Rolling Eyes
 Faultmate MSV-2
Gone Lexus RX400h SE
Past Audi A6 avant Qutro
Toyota Supra
Long line of RR's

Post #6133102nd Mar 2010 10:11 pm
2DISCO3ORNOT

Pete, I was going to PM this but perhaps there are other people on the site who are also following but not quite fully understanding, we had some "frivolous discourse" the other night, Thumbs Up but I am intrigued by your system now. I have been on your site and tried to understand the full capabilities of the MSV 2, my brain needs remapping to understand all of this, when I used to work on engines there were four holes with pistons and a pump that squirted juice in, then two bits of flint were struck and hey presto combustion Wink

I have an 08 HSE what could MSV 2 offer that would enhance the vehicle, I think I understand the basics of the fault finding capabilities, would a lay operator be able to make informed descisions on engine management changes and the ramifications of them. If there is a simple link on your site that explains all of this please just point me in the irght direction.
Cheers
Sean.

Post #6133142nd Mar 2010 10:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >