Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Awful Handling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The mats will sit in place fine without the turnbuckles never bothered with mine as being on the farm I can just pull the mat out and clean without faffing about.

Post #87624029th Dec 2011 11:33 am
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just some advice regarding the gear box.

I did the double flush with the millers oil ATF and it was ok for a short while but then started to get worse. A couple of factors are involved, 1, I don't think the millers oil is as good as the LR stuff, 2, If they've done a double flush then they really won't have got all the old oil out. Does it say how many litres they used? To do a full double flush you need around 14 litres. but when I did it I struggled to use 7 and that's because you just can't get the old stuff out.

I then took my car to 4Tech and Gordon did a mega flush on it (bit like a dialysis machine), it's been spot on since. He also uses the correct oil.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #87627129th Dec 2011 1:02 pm
Chips1973

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

They have only done a single flush so far , they didn't manage to get all the oil out as you say , so they said bring it back in a few weeks and they'll do it again, which will help but I could go on for ever like this , this 4tech company sounds a better bet where are they ,any details ? Cheers

Post #87627429th Dec 2011 1:17 pm
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

4 tech are based near Peterborough. There is a place in Bristol that does it as well, I'm sure someone on here can provide details. The flush is well worth it and mine has been fine for the last 18 months or so.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #87629229th Dec 2011 2:25 pm
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Near Ely in Cambs but they are mobile I think ,He also has fault code reading capability in that he has a MSV-2 I believe.

Last edited by popsdosh on 29th Dec 2011 2:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #87629329th Dec 2011 2:26 pm
Chips1973

Cheers , booked into Bristol for the morning , about 1hr less drive than 4tech, shame though as 4 tech have the land rover diagnostic thing as well so may have found my handling problem , but hopefully will sort the gearbox otherwise they said it'll be a recon box job Shocked

Post #87630529th Dec 2011 2:55 pm
Chips1973

Had the mega flush done this morning and while a huge improvement it still has slight shakes from about 30-40mph which I presume will just get worse like it did after the partial oil change , the guys at Gloucester gearboxes who were great and even gave us a lift to town an back while we waited Very Happy said the only thing left was to have to box out and open it up or fit a service exchange box for about £2500 , something the dealer we bought it off should cover but is trying to worm out of it Evil or Very Mad .
Having spent a lot on the suspension already I would like to keep the truck but that's still not right as it seems very harsh over pot holes cats eyes etc, is this normal ? or should I just stick it in the auction at leominster sold as seen , any ideas what a 55plate hse which with 130k on the clock fetch there ? Then go back to plan A and get a pathfinder which is much simpler , trouble is we quite like the disco now Confused

Post #87679230th Dec 2011 7:24 pm
willposh

Wales 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The juddering has finally been resolved on my 09 D3. After spending nearly 5 weeks at the LR service centre they changed the torque converter, but they didn't sound convinced themselves. Drove home and within 60 miles by the end of the second day I had a fault code, gearbox was stuck in 3rd and the juddering was back. Another 3 weeks back in the service centre LR told them to change the transmission, the cooling system for the transmission oil and the associated pipes. They found some antifreeze and water in the transmission oil. Done a few hundred miles and all now seems ok. All the above would cost thousands but luckily I was still under warranty.

Post #89862118th Feb 2012 1:02 am
Chips1973

Had my torque converter repaired in the end and now all is well ,cost £287 for the repair and then fitting and removal plus oil on top

Post #89997021st Feb 2012 11:03 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

So, is it all fixed now and the 'pathfinder' a dim and distant nightmare Confused

Thumbs Up

Post #89997721st Feb 2012 11:12 pm
Chips1973

maplecottage wrote:
So, is it all fixed now and the 'pathfinder' a dim and distant nightmare Confused

Thumbs Up

Not quite ,although I do love driving it now , but the alignment keeps going out , booked in for friday to have it done for the third time in the couple of months I've owned it , the car doesn't pull to the left or right but steering wheel never centres and is always slightly to the left , hoping it's something simple like some worn bushes that will also improve the harshness over potholes/ stone tracks , could quite happily live with it though but would be nice to have it all right

Post #89998021st Feb 2012 11:21 pm
Curly

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I have.had.mine.tracked up twice now and need.to to have it done again as it.keeps pulling to left. had everything.checked.and.all.is.ok why do they do this. Shocked

Post #90019122nd Feb 2012 2:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Chips1973 wrote:
Had my torque converter repaired in the end and now all is well ,cost £287 for the repair and then fitting and removal plus oil on top

Thats a cracking price. Who did it? Local? Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #90019222nd Feb 2012 3:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Curly

Curly wrote:
I have.had.mine.tracked up twice now and need.to to have it done again as it.keeps pulling to left. had everything.checked.and.all.is.ok why do they do this. Shocked
sorry bloody predictive phone  
Post #90019322nd Feb 2012 3:00 pm
Curly

Curly wrote:
sorry bloody predictive phone  
Post #90019422nd Feb 2012 3:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >