Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Awful Handling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

rear discs pads/shoes were just over £600 main dealer but i did get discount thats main dealer.

Post #87496323rd Dec 2011 10:24 pm
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I would check with your mechanic but I am not sure Millers make a suitable ATF for a disco 3 and its not something that is worth cutting corners with .

Post #87504424th Dec 2011 9:08 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

hi ,how many miles are on clock ?
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #87504824th Dec 2011 9:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
willposh

Wales 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I might be suffering a similar problem with my 09 D3. From cold to about 2 miles the vehicle drives fine. Then it starts to shudder underneath, gets worse the longer the journey and is intermittent. In neutral its fine. Rev counter goes and up and down about 300revs as it its not sure which gear to use. At first i thought it was something to do with the traction control as the weather was poor with standing water on the roads. Front tyres were due a change which added to my traction control theory. Had new tyres, no change.
Car has been in a LR service centre for a week now and they have run every test under the sun and can't find anything but the problem persists.
I think some top man from LR will be visiting the garage next week (bloody xmas put a delay on it) so i'll have to wait and see. Luckily it's still under warranty.

Post #87520824th Dec 2011 4:31 pm
Chips1973

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

fat bloke wrote:
rear discs pads/shoes were just over £600 main dealer but i did get discount thats main dealer.

Just checked my bill , it was around £170 plus labour @£25/hr but obviously not main dealer .

Miller do claim their oil to be for the discovery 3 on their website , I guess they would be liable if any harm came as a result of it being the incorect oil , searching this forum before I decided on their oil I found a few who had used it without bother and not one with bother , I think early on i.e 2006 ish they didn't have an oil but since have launched one . Got the truck back today and had a little test on it's own and then towing stock trailer and it's a huge improvement with very little/no fluctuating revs compared to before and very smooth ,no vibration at all when accelerating .
The whole bill came to just over 1k plus vat , but they serviced the truck aswell in that and sorted the parking sensors ,replaced egr valve ,and a whole host of bushes in the suspension , so not bad I thought .

The truck has got 130K miles on it but hopefully is now good for a good few more .

Separate question now , I bought some fitted rubber mats of ebay with the securing holes in them to stop them sliding about , trouble is I,ve come to fit them and there aren't any fixing points in the truck ,is this normal , do you have to buy them and screw them in or something, but then there isn't even a hole in the carpet to expose a thread or anything to screw anything in so I'm a bit confused Confused

Post #87531024th Dec 2011 10:06 pm
euangibson

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Chips...you can buy a pack or 2 (think there are 4 in a pack)...they are called turnbuckles....put the mat where you want them,then make a small cut in the carpet using a craft knife/ Stanley blade then screw the mats into the carpet....word of warning don't try and screw them down with pliers etc or you will overtighten them and they will probably break Thumbs Up
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
RLD spare wheel protector & sump guard
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Black side tubes,grill and vents
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE
D3 Java 2005 SE manual (sold,sadly,thanks for the memories)
1966 '88 Series 2a....still starts in the morning better than I do... 

Post #87531524th Dec 2011 10:17 pm
euangibson

Found it....I bought mine from maltesenick...he still has pics in his gallery..
http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=14658
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE

Post #87531924th Dec 2011 10:24 pm
Chips1973

Cheers guys,
are these turnbuckles a genuine land rover thing or can I get them from any old car accessory shop ?

Another little thing that is annoying me on the truck is a slight rattling coming from the rear of the truck when going over rough roads , I thought the bushes may have been to blame but it still does it , I think i've settled on it being the rear tailgate (top part) because if you stand at back of truck and push it ,it moves a little and makes a rattle similar to what I hear in the truck , so just wondering is there some means of tightening the catch up or something ?

Post #87534324th Dec 2011 11:44 pm
euangibson

never looked for the turnbuckles anywhere other than genuine items so can't answer that one I'm afraid....
My upper rear door also fits badly and rattles about,and I too have looked in vain for a way to tighten it....I found using silicone spray on the spring loaded sliders either side does the trick for a good few months Thumbs Up

Locking rear E-diff
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE

Post #87537025th Dec 2011 7:49 am
Chips1973

euangibson wrote:
never looked for the turnbuckles anywhere other than genuine items so can't answer that one I'm afraid....
My upper rear door also fits badly and rattles about,and I too have looked in vain for a way to tighten it....I found using silicone spray on the spring loaded sliders either side does the trick for a good few months Thumbs Up

Cheers , I will give that a go , rattles just drive me bonkers making me unable to concentrate on anything else ,my wife thinks I'm nuts as I can happily put up with the noise from the children but a slight rattle and I Moan all journey about it , while trying to diagnose it and drive at same time Laughing
Great site for getting answers to stuff , Merry Christmas to you all , I've been up since 5 getting all the farm work done so I can be in in time to see the boys open their presents but now they won't wake up , don't know who's more excited them or me , they've got a quad bike sitting in the living room waiting to be ripped open , can't wait Mr. Green

Post #87537125th Dec 2011 8:15 am
euangibson

Chips1973 wrote:

, rattles just drive me bonkers making me unable to concentrate on anything else ,my wife thinks I'm nuts as I can happily put up with the noise from the children but a slight rattle and I Moan all journey about it , while trying to diagnose it and drive at same time Laughing
Mr. Green

Bet I'm worse

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic71875.html

Thumbs Up

Locking rear E-diff
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE

Post #87537325th Dec 2011 8:44 am
Chips1973

wd 40 worked a treat Smile

Post #87543625th Dec 2011 6:27 pm
Chips1973

Been running around it the truck since we had it back and slowly the gearbox is getting worse again , no where near as bad yet but it's starting to get vibration again when accelerating hard or up hill , I guess a second flush will help hear ,but my bigger concern is the handling , it still handles like a jelly when going straight along b roads , worse than our old 200 tdi disco did and that didn't even have anti roll bars . So far they've replaced anti roll bar bushes front and rear ,ball joint upper, wishbone bushes front and rear , rear lower arm bush and did a 4 wheel alignment , it is a lot better than it was but still something very wrong .
The print out he gave me of all the fault codes before he cleared them included steering angle sensor fault and lost communication with ride level control module , so I'll book it back in and hopefully one of those faults will come up again and be fixed solving the issue . I inquired at Shukers landrover about labour rates in case my independant couldn't solve the issue and they are £115/hr Shocked Shocked so that has ruled them out , are all landy dealers that rate or are there cheaper around ? I called in to get some turbuckles for the car mats and some yellow plastic clips that hold the interior trim on , neither of which they had in stock so I don't know how they can justify such fees when they don't even carry such a bog basic item in their parts department .

Post #87618829th Dec 2011 8:19 am
euangibson

My local LR Dealer is £85 per hour.....my local Indy is £39....want to have a wild stab in the dark where I take my business ? Whistle

Locking rear E-diff
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE

Post #87619229th Dec 2011 8:50 am
domlandy1

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

i would rather work on my own truck or even have my unborn son work on it than send it to shukers, can only speak for the one depot though!!

me an dad DID run 3 new trucks from them but needless to say thats changed!!

find a good indy be miles better!!!!!
 club roof bars
club 2x sets of mtrs
club a bar
club cill protectors
club boot liner

my truck but the wifes daily drive.... mmmm 

Post #87619329th Dec 2011 8:58 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >