Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Automatic access height 2014
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

If there's a movie "honey I shrunk the Disco" he would get a staring role. Thumbs Up

Post #19329483rd Apr 2018 1:51 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Getting back to the OP I like to occasionally press for access height without telling SWMBO. Love the surprised look when her feet hit the ground sooner than expected. Rolling with laughter
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #19329623rd Apr 2018 2:55 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Yes I try that too, but when I'm driving my wife always checks the light now before getting out so it's not a surprise. It's good fun (for 10 seconds ) doing it the other way, raising it surreptitiously, especially if you can catch her off guard.

For perspective, here's one of the dog mauling someone........... (having a cuddle).

By the way I admire anyone that takes on a rescue dog Dulanjan. Well done. We had a rescue Lab last time.

Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #19329703rd Apr 2018 3:35 pm
Grianaig

I haven’t had the courage to try the high setting. Laughing the dog looks massive. What breed?
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #19329903rd Apr 2018 4:34 pm
Grianaig

Sorry Gary. Just realised there was a previous page and he’s an Irish Wolfhound. I really must pay more attention. Rolling with laughter
Post #19329933rd Apr 2018 4:39 pm
Dulanjan

United States 2014 LR4 3.0 SCV6 HSE Lux Auto Alaska WhiteLR4

Gary_P wrote:
Been there, read the book and seen the play on the sleep thing with kids.

Snap ! Yes the high back and non raked rear make it ideal for carrying loads. When I bought mine we tested with my dog as that was the critical factor. He's a 98kg Irish wolfhound. His shoulders are waist high when on all fours (and I'm a six footer) and he's probably over seven feet if he stands up. A bit of a wooky really.

If you're regularly carrying a big dog, beware the wear and tear on the back area. I've had to rig up various polythene sheet, towel, old bed-sheet protection to stop him pushing his wet nose/snout onto the headlining by the load area windows. It can get grubby and constant wet does it no good at all. I've protected it with some scotchguard too. The back headrests can get dirty quite quickly after a muddy walk. I have put some leather protector on them so they clean off easily. I also use a good boot liner and mats to help protect it and give him a comfortable ride. He's like a sponge for anything muddy.

Wait a minute.... I should have bought an old defender . In fact ..........................

Cheers

Good ideas! I've ordered a quilted lining for the back to hopefully alleviate the slobbering and shedding that will ensue. Until I get it in, no dogs in the truck (yet). Good lord! 98kg! That's a moose!! haha. The things we do for our pets and kids.
Since pictures were asked, the shepherd mix is Lady (a shepherd collie mix they think, weighs about 65 lbs), the prince on the king size bed (for size reference), is Hemingway. He has grown a bit since then but that's the gist of his demeanor and frame. Smile

Post #19331703rd Apr 2018 11:31 pm
Dulanjan

Gary_P wrote:
Yes I try that too, but when I'm driving my wife always checks the light now before getting out so it's not a surprise. It's good fun (for 10 seconds ) doing it the other way, raising it surreptitiously, especially if you can catch her off guard.

For perspective, here's one of the dog mauling someone........... (having a cuddle).

By the way I admire anyone that takes on a rescue dog Dulanjan. Well done. We had a rescue Lab last time.

Thanks Gary! We've had Lady for almost 6 years. She was 3 and a mess when we got her. Scared of her own tail. Definitely abuse. She's come a long way, but loud sounds still scare her. She might have it for life or until she loses hearing. Hemingway is from Spain actually, and we got him from a Greyhound rescue over there that partners with a Greyhound rescue over here. They found his mom tied to a fence neglected and heavily pregnant. She gave birth to 8 pups. 3 of them made it to the US, 2 in England, 1 in Belgium and 2 remained in Spain. We're all friends on Facebook and share pictures and stuff. 2 employees of the greyhound rescue took Hemi's two siblings and he didn't get picked up because of his limp. They said he was being treated for Lyme disease but I wasn't sure that was it. Anyway we got pet insurance and finally got him to a vet that then diagnosed with hip dysplasia (he was 8 months and didn't walk or jump like a normal puppy - laid down a lot). Waited for a bit over a year for him to mature and grow a bit, fully replaced one hip and then the other. Thank god for insurance!!! Anyway, bundle of joy right now and loving life. Glad we rescued him. LOVES the baby too...funny how big dogs are always gentle like that.

Post #19331713rd Apr 2018 11:40 pm
Dulanjan

apparently I'm technically challenged lol.

Post #19331733rd Apr 2018 11:41 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Wonderful story for both dogs. How brave taking them on getting them where they are.
Bow down Bow down Bow down
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #19331784th Apr 2018 12:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >