Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Matty 2332

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Awsome, I do love this site, Rolling with laughter

Post #5757817th Jan 2010 9:24 am
UNG

United Kingdom 

I thought weatherman John Kettley's comment the other day was laughable, when asked about this winter possibly being one of the coldest on record his reply was this would be impossible due to the effects of climate change and global warming

The more this crowd spout this c Censored p the more their record appears to be stuck in same groove

I wonder how their King Canute style climate change policies of today will be viewed in 2050. I think there are a lot of people just along for the ride as it's not "cool" to to oppose the green (climate change) lobby and in some quarters those that oppose it are considered as social outcasts and if you are a politician it makes you unelectable

Until we get some proper science on this to scupper the overpaid orwellian 1984 "experts" jetting round the world to conferences with dodgy data telling us air travel is bad carbon tax is good, it look like we will all have to be mushrooms and keep on being fed s Censored t
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #5759157th Jan 2010 1:10 pm
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I'm amazed at how many ostriches there are in England. Rolling with laughter
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #5765198th Jan 2010 5:45 am
JamesG01

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Well, when it comes down to it, what are you going to believe?

A scientist's computer models, or your own eyes?
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Then again, it is so much less effort to think for one's self. Sheep Sheep Sheep
 55-Reg Java Black SE, Unlocked SatNav (via Wiggs and Bodsy), Nudge Bar/Driving Lamps/RAI, Front & Rear Lamp Guards, RLD Sump Plate, RLD spare wheel protector

"Every movie-going moron knows that only a mining company could be evil enough to attack Smurfs living in a rainforest." - Doug Casey 

Post #5765368th Jan 2010 7:58 am
freebie2disco

United Kingdom 

"I'm amazed at how many ostriches there are in England"

Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence. There is some evidence of global warming but little hard evidence that this is man made and nothing that fits the extraordinary category. The worlds going to end as we know it unless we tax you to the hilt for using any form of energy is an extraordinary claim. So I for one am sceptical of it. Models are just that and so far all of them have singularly failed to predict trends in temperature correctly. You also have to understand that the Met office in the UK does not have a good track record for getting the weather right for the next day so why should we believe them on climate. Give me some evidence that what I do is screwing the planet and that does not involve me paying more tax to pay for the dodgy solution being put forward when the main culprits go unscathed as the government doesnt want to upset big business.

Post #5766078th Jan 2010 10:22 am
JamesG01

f2d,
Agree with you there...I don't deny that there may be global warming at some point, but the models have failed consistently to predict real world weather for the past 12 years, at least.

This whole carbon thing is the biggest wealth redistribution, power-grabbing, and corporate rent-taking schemes ever devised by government elites the world over. It's no wonder very few politicians or CEOs of large corporations are contradicting the line put out by AGW lobby.

My mother-in-law recently made the acquaintance of someone whose daughter went to uni and trained in meteorology. The girl cannot work in the UK in her specialty because she is sceptical of the claims made by the AGW lobby. There are scientists and professionals the world over ending up on black lists and the like due to the totalitarian nature of this movement.

And the sad part is that most people would rather their government think for them for the price of the illusion of protection from bad things.
 55-Reg Java Black SE, Unlocked SatNav (via Wiggs and Bodsy), Nudge Bar/Driving Lamps/RAI, Front & Rear Lamp Guards, RLD Sump Plate, RLD spare wheel protector

"Every movie-going moron knows that only a mining company could be evil enough to attack Smurfs living in a rainforest." - Doug Casey 

Post #5766118th Jan 2010 10:30 am
JMC

Scotland 

Here's another theory........

I believe that the planet and her climate are generally in an equilibrium, or she constantly employing her own methods to achieve such a state. Transient 'factors' such as man or volcanoes, or meteorites are simply 'blips' which cause mother earth to throw a wobbly.

We all know that climate change is nothing new or radical. In fact, it's the NORM. Radical climate change is simply an over-correction in response to a sudden stimulus.

Bear with me here.......

What if...... Global warming in the last few decades has simply come to the point where the earth has had a knee jerk reaction? Cue a sudden cooling, or a 'mini ice-age' as you could say.

What if this 'cold snap' gets worse.......and persists for some time?

Do we then get our green taxes back and start to hammer the tree huggers for driving a Prious with ludicrous taxes because they are not contributing enough to CO2 emissions? Laughing

Answer: NO. Twisted Evil

None of this stuff is about caring for the planet. It's about keeping the wealthy populous in a state of fear & control, and making them pay for politicians plans & pleasures. Twisted Evil
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #5766388th Jan 2010 11:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Muddypaws

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

A very interesting article here - well worth taking a few minutes to read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-...hange.html

M
 Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
08 D3 HSE
Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle Road King 1802cc 

Post #5766508th Jan 2010 11:30 am
JamesG01

JMC
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #5766528th Jan 2010 11:34 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

My theory:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Climagynecologist

We need to provide firm evidence that there is man made global warming in order to progress our revenue raising capability in the short and medium term. Enclosed is a cheque for £300,000 funding support for you and your team of 2 Climagynecologist's to present the evidence we require.

Yours sincerely

Mr. Faceless Political Bureaucrat

P.S. There's plenty more where that came from Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5766598th Jan 2010 11:47 am
SN

A Convenient Untruth is what it is Evil or Very Mad
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5768368th Jan 2010 3:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

ad15 wrote:
DSL wrote:
Ken wrote:
Hey Del ignore them they might go away

Chance would be a fine thing!!!

if you'd rather I Censored off, then just say........ Wink

thought is was actually a relevant post for once..... Shocked

I meant chance would be a fine thing that the Met Office would go away, for all the use that their forecasting is at the mo!!! Didn't mean anything else!!! Embarassed Embarassed

Post #5768538th Jan 2010 3:33 pm
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
I've had it up to my keister

Now that's really p*ssed him off.... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down

Join the dinosaurs club.... Thumbs Up

Trev.

Post #5769008th Jan 2010 4:19 pm
Pelyma

England 

But you mustn't confuse weather with climate. The cold spell we are experiencing is weather, the long term temperature is the climate. So says the 10 o'clock news last night. So why is it when we have a few hot days we are told this is global warming?????? Confused
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #5769338th Jan 2010 5:21 pm
JamesG01

But then we would be saying all this, given it's a forum for people with carbon-emitting, fuel-guzzling vehicles.
Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter

And Al Gore would say what he says as he is a CEO for a carbon-trading company...

Post #5769418th Jan 2010 5:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >