Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Another tailgate problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Paulmartland

Northern Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Another tailgate problem

Hi guys, I have read lots of posts about changing locks and switches for a problematic tail gate. My tail gate wouldn’t open but with the aid of a second person holding the two buttons in on the dash, I can always get in. I replaced the door handle with the micro switch but nothing changed. I then bought a cheap second hand lock on eBay and it worked for a day before packing up. I then bought an expensive 2nd hand lock and that worked for a day and packed up. I’ve taken the handle out and snipped the two black wires to the micro switch and touched them together thinking it would show if micro switch was playing up, but nothing works. The tail gate never fails to open when using dash buttons. Am I missing something stupid like a blown fuse? Any help would be great guys. I know it’s not a serious problem but it really does p*** you off

Post #204773122nd Apr 2019 2:09 pm
Paulmartland

Northern Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Ps, should have said, bottom tail gate works fine as do all four doors just in case anything might be linked together

Post #204773622nd Apr 2019 2:18 pm
e635815

France 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

Did you manage to resolve your problem? I have exactly the same issue and would appreciate understanding why on earth connecting the two wires together won't open my tail gate.
Thanks

Post #215738429th Jun 2020 4:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >