Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Alarm / Security System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Alarm / Security System

Is there a way to test and confirm your alarm system really works, or is even there at all. It is mentioned throughout the manuals, however, I suspect there is not one at all. In particular, the motion sensors, etc. are mentioned. Perhaps it is not included on all vehicles like the LR3 SE. I'm not sure, so thought I would ask.

Post #820972nd Sep 2006 12:50 am
DiscoStu

England 

Simple way to check the motion sensors is to sit in the car and set the alarm. Wait about a minute and then try moving - the alarm should go off straight away.

I know mine works because I've locked the kids in when then they refused to get out of the car..... Rolling Eyes

You can see one of the motion sensors at the top of one of the 'B' pillars (between front and rear door) IIRC.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #821042nd Sep 2006 6:09 am
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I also used the kids to test the alarm, trouble was, no one really noticed the alarm sounding - another subject that seems to have been debated on this site. So, whether it is there or not, really seems to make little difference. Given over 50% of cars in UK are stolen using the keys - alarm will not help. Thats the doom and gloom over for the day, must go and cheer myself up by going for a drive.
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #821162nd Sep 2006 9:57 am
Beaker

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The alarm on my brand-new D3 tests itself automatically every couple of hours Crying or Very sad The neighbours are starting to like the car a little less now... It looks like a fault with either the tilt sensor or the interior alarm, when I set it on the 'double push' alarm it seems to be ok.
I will take it to the dealer on monday, so that they can read out what is causing the problem.

O well, some teething problems are to be expected, I guess... Rolling Eyes
 Zermatt Silver 2006 Zermatt Silver TDV6 'SE' Auto, Mantec sump guard, Frontrunner roofrack, Lightforce 140s, split charge system and... a Jetboil.
Powered by  

Post #821322nd Sep 2006 12:39 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If you double press the lock button the D3 only arms the perimeter alarm and disables the interior.

Other way round in the US I believe.

Also the D3 'wakes' every 2 hours or so to do its own Zen style self check so this may be related.

Surprised they can hear it though... unless your bleeper is set louder than in the UK.

-s

Post #821342nd Sep 2006 12:57 pm
Beaker

simon wrote:
If you double press the lock button the D3 only arms the perimeter alarm and disables the interior.

Other way round in the US I believe.

Also the D3 'wakes' every 2 hours or so to do its own Zen style self check so this may be related.

Surprised they can hear it though... unless your bleeper is set louder than in the UK.

-s

Simon,

That is why I suspect the interior alarm or the tilt sensor, these are off when double pressing.

The 2-hourly wakeup could be the moment the alarm goes off, I will keep an eye (ear Smile ) on that. There is so much 'magic' going on with this car, I learn new things every day...

The bleeper is not extremely loud, but can be heard clearly even when the car is parked at the end of the driveway, some 30 meters from the house. But I don't think it will wake anybody up... Smile
 Zermatt Silver 2006 Zermatt Silver TDV6 'SE' Auto, Mantec sump guard, Frontrunner roofrack, Lightforce 140s, split charge system and... a Jetboil.
Powered by  

Post #821352nd Sep 2006 1:16 pm
simon

TSB LA419-004V2 will point your dealer in the right direction maybe... applies to Netherlands and Belgium only...

-s

Post #822413rd Sep 2006 9:19 am
Beaker

What is that TSB about? Is there any way for us mere mortals to see those TSBs, or is it LR personnel only?

Thanks!
Powered by  

Post #822433rd Sep 2006 9:39 am
simon

the Technical Service Bulletins all here...

http://www.landrovertechinfo.com/

You'll need to pay subscribe to access the docs. Can be done on a day by day basis if required.

If you quote the TSB number the dealer can access it of course.

-s

PS It mentions that the battery backed up sounder may not be fitted or the wrong part number is fitted. Its a Volvo unit and includes the tilt sensor inside the little black box.

Post #822473rd Sep 2006 10:04 am
Beaker

Thanks simon! Thumbs Up