ALA warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
ALA warranty

anybody come across these guys before

https://www.ala.co.uk/warranty/

Just got a quote for their delux cover, claim limit is value of the car - £465 per annum.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #198246711th Sep 2018 3:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1967jester

Location: Usually in the North East though I have been known to travel

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Have had GAP with h them before, never had to claim but always been good to deal with them
 Paul.

06 Java Black HSE - gone
12 Baltic Blue HSE - gone
15 Fuji HSE Lux
Club Biscuits, mmmm nice!
Traxide/Luna hybrid & Yellow top
Some Prospeed bits
+ some other stuff
Club N.E.R.D.s. 

Post #198283012th Sep 2018 2:04 pm
al cope

England 

well I have gone for the Delux cover with Franchised labour rates with ALA - they were also offering 10% off the price so got the delux cover for £418 quid, includes wear & tear, and claim limit of the value of the car.

Obvioulsy I wont know how good they are until I have to make a claim, and I hope I never do.

cover listed here (sorry, a bit long)

What is Covered
The following specifically listed components and labour costs are covered against Mechanical Breakdown, provided that the terms and conditions of this policy are fully complied with. The maximum amount claimable per claim and within the Period of Insurance, will be subject to the Claim Limit selected and in aggregate, the value of the Vehicle on the date of purchase of Your policy.

Engine Parts & Labour
Cylinder Block, crankshaft, crank bearings, big end bearings, oil pump, con-rods, gudgeon pins, small end bearings, pistons, piston rings, cylinder bores, cylinder head (excluding cracks), rocker shaft, rockers, hydraulic lifters, camshaft and cam followers, push rods, camshaft bearings, inlet and exhaust valves, valve springs, valve guides, cylinder head gasket, inlet manifold, timing gears, timing chains, flywheel and starter ring gear. (Excluding sticking valves, Oil leaks).

Timing Belts
Timing belts are covered providing that the belt has been changed in accordance with the manufacturers servicing schedules (proof required). The damage subsequently caused if timing belt has not been changed as specified by the manufacturer is specifically excluded.

Turbocharger
The complete turbo unit is covered including the wastegate if it is an integral part of the turbo unit and cannot be bought separately, providing it is of original manufacturer’s equipment.

Cooling
Engine thermostat, water pump, thermostat housing, engine temperature gauge sensor, viscous fan coupling, engine oil cooler, heater matrix, radiator and expansion tank.

Fuel System
Carburettor, fuel injection pump and fuel lift pump. The following items relate to diesel engine vehicles only. Low pressure supply pump, fuel injector governor, fuel shut off mechanism, hydraulic or electrical injection timing mechanism, high pressure fuel metering head, manifold boost pressure compensator, altitude compensator, glow plug relay, brake vacuum pump.

Driveline
Front and rear wheel drive vehicles: Open drive shafts including constant velocity joints, universal joints and couplings. Rear wheel drive half shafts, half shaft bearings. Includes front and rear transfer shafts 4x4 vehicles. (Excluding: Gaiters and viscous couplings, oil leaks).

Differential
Planetary gear assembly, crown wheel and pinion assembly. Internal shafts, bearings and bushes, thrust washers, spacers, bevel gears. Includes front, rear and centre differential on 4x4 vehicles. (Excluding: Viscous couplings and fluid differentials, oil leaks). Drive shafts including constant velocity joints, universal joints and couplings, half shafts, and half shaft bearings. (Excluding: Gaiters and viscous couplings, oil leaks)

Transfer Box
The following internal mechanical components are covered: Transfer gears, selectors, shafts, transfer shafts, needle and roller bearings, output shafts and bushes. (Excluding Oil leaks).

Manual Gearbox
The following internal mechanical components are covered: Gears and gear clusters, selectors and shafts, synchromesh assemblies, bushes, ball and roller bearings, needle bearings and transfer gears. (Excluding Oil leaks).

Automatic Gearbox
The following internal mechanical components are covered: Governor, valve block, oil pump, gears, brake bands, servos, clutches, seals, shafts, bearings and bushes, modulator valve and transfer gears.
Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT/CTX): All internal mechanical components and seals. (Excluding Oil leaks).

Torque Converter
All internal mechanical components and seals.

Clutch
Release (thrust) bearing, centre plate, pressure plate, master and slave cylinders, clutch cable including self adjustingmechanism and clutch damper.

Propshafts
Propshaft, universal joints and couplings, bearings and rubber couplings. (Excluding: Gaiters).

Wheel Bearings
Front and rear wheel bearings (excluding hubs).

Steering
Steering rack and pinion, power steering rack, steering box, power steering box, idler box, power steering pump and reservoir.
(Excluding: Gaiters, oil leaks, tracking and balancing).

Braking System
Brake master cylinder, callipers, wheel cylinders, brake bias/restrictor valve, vacuum servo and brake vacuum pump.(Excluding: Corroded or seized components).

Suspension
Coil springs, shock absorbers, wishbones and ball joints, hydrolastic displacer units, Accumulator sphere, fluid pressure control valve, suspension spheres and high pressure pump. (Excluding: Gaiters, oil leaks, tracking and balancing).

Anti Lock Brake System (ABS)
Factory fitted anti-lock braking systems are covered. (Excluding: Wiring and connection faults).

Electrical
Alternator, voltage regulator, starter motor (including solenoid), electric window motors and switches, indicator relay, front and rear windscreen wiper motor, front and rear windscreen washer motor, ignition coils, coil packs, electric sun roof motor and switch, central locking systems (excluding remote control unit), distributor, electronic ignition module, Engine Management ECU, electrical radiator fan and temperature sensing switch, oil pressure sensor, indicator and wiper switches (column stalks), heater
fan motor, fuel tank sender unit and horn.

Air Conditioning
Factory fitted air conditioning systems are covered (Excluding: Pipes, unions, wiring and receiver drier). Where the replacement of a covered component requires re-gassing of the system, a maximum of £40 (inc VAT) will be contributed.

Working Materials/Casings

Should any authorised repair to any of the above components require essential replacement of or topping up of lubricants, oils or coolant or replacement of the oil filter or replacement of casings these shall be covered as part of total claim (within policy imits).

Those components covered are covered against mechanical or electrical failure due to sudden and unexpected circumstances.

The replacement of oil filters, lubricants, antifreeze and fluids is included provided the replacement is necessitated by the failure of an insured component and the Vehicle is not within 1,000 miles of its next due service. External oil leaks are specifically excluded.

Please refer to Your Policy Schedule for details of the Claim Limit and Claim Excess applicable to Your policy.

This policy also includes cover for:
Wear and Tear after the first 30 days and / or 1,000 miles from the purchase of the original policy where the Vehicle which has suffered a Mechanical Breakdown is under 5 years old and has covered less than 75,000 miles at the date of claim.

Claims for Consequential Breakdown.
The following components are covered where Your Vehicle suffers a Mechanical Breakdown and it is recommended by the approved repairer that the components should be replaced as a pair:
1. road springs
2. shock absorbers.

Diagnostic Costs
We will pay up to a maximum contribution of £65 for diagnostics inclusive of VAT on a valid claim. Where the failure is confirmed on a diagnostic machine, the fault codes must be submitted as supporting evidence, along with the claims invoice.

Additional Benefits
The benefits listed below will be provided in the event of a Mechanical Breakdown, subject to the Claim Limit specified on the Policy Schedule.

Roadside Assistance & Recovery Benefit
If your Vehicle suffers a Mechanical Breakdown within the Territorial Limits, please call 01206 714324 and We will arrange for an engineer to attend to provide roadside assistance and/or recovery to an authorised repairer or a repairer of Your choice. This policy will pay up to £250, including VAT, towards recovery. If You arrange for Your own recovery operator, You must provide appropriate receipts from a VAT registered recovery operator (proof required).

Replacement Vehicle Hire
This policy is extended to provide a benefit of up to £50 per day up to £250 (including VAT) towards the cost of vehicle hire which You incur as a result of Mechanical Breakdown to Your Vehicle, subject to You providing receipts from a VAT registered company in support of Your claim.

Travel Expenses & Overnight Hotel Stay
In the event of Mechanical Breakdown occurring more than 50 miles from Your Home, if You have no means on onward travel, We will pay up to £50 per person up to £250 (including VAT) towards the costs of overnight stay in a hotel and/or Your onward travel costs.

Continental Use
This policy is extended to cover the Vehicle whilst in any country of the European Union for a period of not more than 60 days in any 12 month period, with the limit of liability restricted to the equivalent United Kingdom rate for labour charges and components at prices applicable at the date of the claim.

MOT Test Insurance (where applicable)
The MOT fee and any retest fee are excluded from the cover provided.
The following items are covered where a VT30 (MOT failure certificate) is issued and lists the items as the reason for not issuing a VT20 (MOT Test Certificate). Cover is valid 30 days prior to and 30 days after the date the MOT test is due. Claims will only be reimbursed following authorisation by the Claims Administrator and the submission of the VT20, VT30 and repair Invoice.
Lighting Equipment Headlamps, front and rear side lamps, number plate illumination lamp, headlamp aim, stop lamps, rear reflectors, rear fog lamps, hazard warning lamps and control, direction indicator control, and fog lamp on/off indicator.
Steering and Suspension
Steering control, steering mechanism and system, power steering, transmission shafts, wheel bearings, front and rear
suspension and shock absorbers, suspension drag link, track rod ends, suspension springs, wishbones, swivel joints,
suspension mountings and subframe.
Brakes
Master cylinder, wheel cylinders, calipers, load compensator, ABS modulator/sensors, electronic control unit, hoses/cables.
Seats and Seatbelts
The condition and operation of all seats, seatbelts, pre-tensioners and seatbelt mountings.
General
Carburettor, fuel injection, engine management unit or sensor replacement directly as a result of calibration failure to meet MOT
exhaust emission standards, horn, speedometer, and speed limiter, windscreen wipers and washers, (excluding wiper blades and rubbers).
NB. Tuning and adjustments only if necessary to meet MOT exhaust gas emission standards.
MOT Test Insurance Claim Limit
The maximum amount payable under the MOT section of Your policy is £300 (inc Vat). The first £10 of any claim will form the basis of a Claims Excess payable by the Insured. Cover is provided subject to the option being selected and the additional premium being paid.
MOT Test Insurance Exclusions
The following Exclusions apply specifically to this section in addition to those listed under What is Not Covered.
1. MOT test or retest fee.
2. Components which are not cited as failed on the VT30, but which are replaced during the course of repair.
3. Advisory Items noted on the VT30.
4. Accident or structural damage, rust or corrosion, windscreen replacement or repair.
5. Items subject to Wear and Tear.
Optional Benefit

Franchised Dealer Repair
Where you have paid an additional premium, and this is shown on Your Policy Schedule, Your policy is extended to provide cover for repairs conducted at franchised motor dealers, up to a maximum labour rate of £200 per hour including VAT at the prevailing rate.

What is Not Covered
Components NOT insured by the policy:
1. All bodywork and trim, seat belts, seat frames, glass, sunroof panels, fuel tank, wheels and tyres, hinges, brake facings, seized callipers, air bags;
2. HT Leads, spark plugs, filters, wiper blades, lights and bulbs, belts (other than timing belts), wiring looms, glow plugs;
3. Exhaust manifold, exhaust system (including Diesel Particulate Filters), catalytic converter, brackets, mountings and hoses, water ingress, cables;
4. Worn or leaking seals, gaskets and cylinders;
5. Batteries;
6. LPG Conversions;
7. Damage caused by the failure of the timing belt where the belt has not been changed in accordance with the manufacturers service schedules;
8. Components which have failed as a result of correct oil levels not being maintained;
9. Engine cylinder liners, seals and gaskets;
10. Any Vehicle which has covered more than 80,000 miles or is more than 10 years old at the Start Date of this policy;
11. External oil leaks.
12. Claims in excess of the Claim Limit as shown on your policy schedule.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #19899808th Oct 2018 1:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

would have thought this policy covers most major items and is comprehensive,,appears good value.

Post #19900408th Oct 2018 4:49 pm
Dave T

England 

Interesting, but sometimes things just sound to cheap...... will be very interested to hear about claims

The AA breakdown cover probably isn’t far off that with a £500 or so limit
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #19901148th Oct 2018 7:29 pm
Dave T

England 

The diagnostic costs is perhaps a little worrying, £65 will barely cover reading the codes. On my D3 I racked up over £1k in diagnostics and still never got to the end.

Apart from that it looks reasonable
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #19901258th Oct 2018 7:41 pm
Littlewill

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

What mileage restrictions are on the policy? Many D3 owners with high mileage would perhaps be very interested based on all that appears to be covered!

Post #19901368th Oct 2018 8:01 pm
Iceman08

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

^^^^^ What he said Thumbs Up

Post #19901418th Oct 2018 8:07 pm
Iceman08

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just tried to get a quote, it's maximum 10 years old and maximum 80,000 miles Laughing

Post #19901448th Oct 2018 8:09 pm
al cope

England 

On paper it looks good and the price was good, but like any insurance I will only know how good it is if I have to use it, which I hope I dont.

As I said, I sort of worked on the fact that there are more expensive policies out there, including LR's own which dont cover important things like the crank, so even if these folks find some "get out of paying" clause, I wont have wasted 700/800/1000 pound on a warranty.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #19902019th Oct 2018 7:10 am
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

that argument is not to wast 400 quid but not to loose 7K on engine swap if that happense Wink

Post #19902119th Oct 2018 7:41 am
al cope

England 

yep, dont disagree, but even with the other warrenties there looks like no certainty of a crank failure/engine replacemt being covered so spending more on a warrenty that doesnt cover what you (may) need doesnt make sense.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #19902349th Oct 2018 9:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >