Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

air suspension - valves - where are they?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
evo8

Slovakia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
air suspension - valves - where are they?

does anyone know where the valves for the air suspension are located? I am trying to trace a random "overnight suspension lowering" problem.

car is randomly lowering itself overnight (equally on all corners) - sometimes there is no change in 4 days - when it is parked - sometimes lowers visibly in all corners overnight. Dealer not able to replicate; no faults stored (faultmate).
I found this is happening more often if parked outside in these cold temps (sub zero). If in garage - it helds for several days. So might be temperature/moisture related - so I think the valve(s) might be leaking. Any hints/tips?

On older RR or DII - there used to be a problem with corroded valves? I assume the concept is different now - but just trying to find out how.
 2013 D4 TDV6 S; Baltic Blue; IID Tool BT
2007 D3 TDV6 SE, Auto; club Faultmate MSV2 

Post #58214315th Jan 2010 4:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Blaserman

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Is the nut on the front of the air tank tight?
Don't take it out as there is massive pressure in there but got to be worth a look. Its located in front of the compresser. only other valves I know of are on top of the suspension struts themselves. Thumbs Up
 "The fate of the wounded lies in the hands of the one who applys the first dressing"

Club MTR

Club Powerplant 

Post #58229315th Jan 2010 7:48 pm
chrisbowler

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

What does your faultmate say!!
 Chris Bowler
D3 2005 EXPEDITION
D2 Challenge Vehicle
300 TDi Spare car
107" TD5 Comp Safari Motor 

Post #58235515th Jan 2010 9:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chrisbowler

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

There are cross over vales controlling air across axles aswell as individual vales - all have plastic pipework. There are no valves on top of each suspension strut.

Regards Chris Bowler
 Chris Bowler
D3 2005 EXPEDITION
D2 Challenge Vehicle
300 TDi Spare car
107" TD5 Comp Safari Motor 

Post #58235615th Jan 2010 9:05 pm

Sweden 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

There is a front and a rear valveblock that includes valves for each airspring and a crossover valve. The front one is behind the bumper on right side, the rear one is on the left rear suspension fixing.
Then there is a reservoir valve on the valveblock in the compressor housing and a exhaust valve on the actual compressor assembly.

Post #58238015th Jan 2010 9:28 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If it is only lowering slightly it may be just self leveling with the D3 fart, which is normal. If lowering a lot then mabe a leak.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #58246515th Jan 2010 11:13 pm
evo8

thanks for the info and tips.

faultmate shows no faults. However - I have logged the sensor values from the air suspension. After the compressr charges the air and switches off it has cca 1700kPa in the GALLERY PRESSURE (Kpa). The pressure is decreasing approximatelly 120kPa per minute - friends D3 which is not showing any "lowering problem" at a rate only 40kPa per minute - so there is definitely something leaking on mine. Will bring it to dealer once again before my warranty expires in 3 months - will tell them to measure the pressure themselves to see that it is not holding as it should.

Post #58298216th Jan 2010 9:52 pm
evo8

Of course - the dealer was not able to find the problem - they say it has been holding the pressure and height overnight and they do not see any issue. I will probably leave it with them over the weekend so they can check on Monday. The only problem is that the "lowering" is somehow "intermitent".

Where exactly is the front valve block located - how is it accessible?

Post #60084910th Feb 2010 3:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >