Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Adventures of a D3 in France!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Most excellent, when you going on holiday again Thumbs Up

Post #45578217th Apr 2009 7:22 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

I’ve read a lot of “trip reports” on various frequent flyer forums I participate on. But I have to say that this is the most entertaining “trip report” I’ve read to date.

Excellent stuff Thumbs Up Bow down Rolling with laughter 8)

Post #45586817th Apr 2009 9:02 pm
Disco3newbie

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant report. SWMBO's busy watching the box in the corner and can't understand why I keep laughing. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Edited!

Last edited by Disco3newbie on 17th Apr 2009 11:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #45596517th Apr 2009 11:23 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Disco3newbie wrote:
SWMBO's bust watching the box in the corner and can't understand why I keep laughing. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Is she having problems with her eyes then Wink Whistle
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #45598617th Apr 2009 11:31 pm
Disco3newbie

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

lol, no that'll be the wine .......must drink less and type more Embarassed

Wonder if Martin can put a spellcheck on here Whistle

Post #45600617th Apr 2009 11:54 pm
Mike40

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Well we got home eventually! 8)

Arrived at Le Havre stupidly early but it was a wise decision in the end, Police started doing road blocks everywhere doing checks on vehicles just after we arrived, have no idea what stirred the blighters up but there were vans full of the boys in blue. Parked up at the ferry terminal after filling Ruby up on V Power for 96p a litre! If only I had a few jerry cans as well….. Smile

We were not the first there although we were 4 hours early, so we decided to stroll into the town and have a beer and lunch in a nice Café. Sat in the sun with a beer in hand, life doesn’t get much better than this!

We get onto the ferry in the end as they let all the cars on first, but do I care, I am still in holiday mode. Late leaving port which meant we would be 30mins late into Portsmouth. Just as we are arriving the Captain apologised for not making the time up due to an engine problem. What!!! Crossing the busiest shipping lanes in the world with a dodgy engine, I feel a claim for some Compo for stress and endangering my Ruby in the hold. She can’t swim, can’t even play in the sand with Daddy nicely! Embarassed

Get off the ferry and queue for 20mins for passport checks, Ruby wasn’t subjected to a cavity search, so onto the Motorway at last. Just to remind us it was good old England it p*ssed down with rain for the first 50miles. We hit the M4 and got stuck in a horrendous traffic jam as the motorway signs said that the 2 nearside lanes were closed. It turned out someone had forgot to turn the sign off as there was no lane closure, just a 5 mile tailback of HGV’s in the 3rd lane being very vigilant about motorway signs!! Twisted Evil

Rest of the journey was boring until we hit the Severn Bridge Tolls…..Alongside a 55 plate FFRR in the other queue and it became obvious that he had a problem with a D3 on his inside moving quicker in the queue. Anyway we ended up leaving the toll booths at the same time. He still seemed to have a point to prove as he floored it in an attempt to prevent me getting in front of him. A drag race seemed to be on the cards. Razz

SWMBO muttered something about boys and their toys but honour was at stake here. Knocked the gear lever into Sport and buried the throttle into the mat as far as it would go. He had the initial jump on me as he knew what his intentions were, I had that awful thought that maybe I had challenged a Petrol FFRR and was going to eat humble pie….Ruby was confident though and as we hit 50mph the BAS tune kicked in and we pulled away from the FFRR. A slower car was in front in the wide bit of the toll area just before it goes into motorway lanes. I went inside and the FFRR went outside, he must have cr*pped himself as these 2 duelling behemoths flashed past him either side. Ruby was well into her stride and as we hit a very naughty 3 figures the FFRR was a beaten and flaccid extension of her owner’s anatomy. Satisfied that the point had been made, I slowed down and pulled into the inside lane to let him overtake if he wanted, he meekly tucked in behind me and followed me to Newport. Sheep

I then dropped a serious own goal when I said to SWMBO “That £499 for the tuning was well worth it”. “HOW MUCH”!!!! was the reply…….Changed subjects very quickly and talked about how well the D3 had been as a holiday car. I’m sure that the cost of the BAS tune is gonna bite me in the bum again very soon from SWMBO… Rolling Eyes

Got home and had a quick snack before retiring to my own bed………slept a solid 10 hours as I was knackered.
Reality has struck home as the jobs I didn’t do before I left are still here waiting to be done and none of you miserable lot came round and mowed the grass, SWMBO is not happy….. Big Cry

2249 miles @ 39.8mph average and 29.6mpg.. Mr. Green

Report ends….. Thumbs Up
 ------------------------------
"Ruby" Rimini Red
Rimini Red 06MY TDV6 S
Xenons, Bright Pack, Climate Pack,
BAS Magic Box and Remap
ITG Air Filter
ERG's Blanked (Woody32)
Huge Permagrin

Suzuki GSX1400, Triumph Daytona 1200, Yamaha RD500LC, Norton 850 Commando, MV Agusta 1090 Brutale, Honda Hornet 900, Honda 600 Tansalp, Matchless 750, AJS 650CSR......plus very understanding wife! 

Post #45612018th Apr 2009 12:33 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Mike40 wrote:

I then dropped a serious own goal when I said to SWMBO “That £499 for the tuning was well worth it”. “HOW MUCH”!!!! was the reply…….Changed subjects very quickly and talked about how well the D3 had been as a holiday car. I’m sure that the cost of the BAS tune is gonna bite me in the bum again very soon from SWMBO… Rolling Eyes

I reccomend you book her on a SPA pamper day ASAP so you minimise the effect of any backlash Laughing
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #45612718th Apr 2009 1:03 pm
elemental

Switzerland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

I know this was 6 months ago but just read it and very much enjoyed your holiday (possibly more than you!)
When are you going again? :thumbsup:

Post #5313948th Oct 2009 8:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >