Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

3yr / 45k mile service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
3yr / 45k mile service

Any ideas on what i should expect to pay or negotiate this for?

Are the dealers likely to be quiet in the service dept's post christmas or is that just wishful thinking on my part Whistle

I am based in Sheffield and am looking for the best deal i can get.

Any thoughts from anyone who has had theirs recently before i ring the local dealers (Guy Salmon and Gordon Lamb)

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #39443830th Dec 2008 7:09 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Be aware that the brake fluid change is an option that some dealers may include in their price.

I doubt you'd consider the drive down, but for negotiation purposes (and in Nick's absence), Yeovil Land Rover were charging £240 for the service, £20 for the brake fluid change and £40 for an MOT performed at the same time; an even 3 ton inc. VAT.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #39444330th Dec 2008 7:23 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

I agree with DrLex, but if you are tempted of going down to Yeovil, you could always make a weekend of it and try to arrange some lanes down south Wink

Recommend doing the lanes first, that way you get it cleaned afterwards Laughing
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #39444530th Dec 2008 7:31 pm
SJR

Thanks Guys

I actually went to school in Yeovil and still have many friends in the area, would love to get down to YLR and meet Nick and the team, problem with that is i have no available time before the service needs to be done to get down there plus the tank and a half of diesel to do the return journey.

SWMBO is currently on maternity leave so have to watch the pennies at the moment, until she goes back to work!
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #39444830th Dec 2008 7:40 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Yeovil is 500 miles (ish) from me so not practical but beat my local stealer up to match the price. Never underestimate the value of the "Will you price match?" question. Thumbs Up

Post #39446330th Dec 2008 8:27 pm
SJR

Having started this thread i thought i ought to at least report on what i ended up paying.

Had initial quote from Guy Salmon Sheffield for the service of £290 inc VAT + £35 inc VAT for Brake Fluid change.

Used the 'Do You price match' question, and after a little thought, they came back to me with £250 inc VAT for the Service and £35 inc VAT for the brake fluid change. As it seemed fair, and cheaper then adding the diesel to go anywhere else, i booked it in for today.

Have just picked it up and paid £266 inc VAT for everything, so fair play to Guy Salmon Sheffield for looking after customers. Thumbs Up I think there final price is as good as anything else i have seen on here.

I know from my other thread that there are mixed reviews on them, but they are doing alright be me at the moment Very Happy

They did mention that they had cleaned one of the EGR valves which the diagnostics showed was sticking a bit, out of warranty in 4 months time Big Cry might consider blanking them off after that.

Post #40279015th Jan 2009 5:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >