DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

FS 2006 HSE Zermatt 36,000miles, Imaculate condition, Extras
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Windowlicker

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
FS 2006 HSE Zermatt 36,000miles, Imaculate condition, Extras

Hi there,
It's with regret that I am putting up for sale probably the best vehicle I have owned, with regards it doing everything you could want in a daily driver/family vehicle, go anywhere do anything sort of way.

The D3 is an HSE model, 36,000 miles, ( though may change marginally in the next week or two as it's being used daily)
Zermatt silver paint.
O.E 19" wheels unmarked, no kerbing or corrosion
Sunroof and twin moon roofs, ( basically huge fixed glass roof for both rear passenger areas)
Mid level door trims, to break up the slab sides and protect from ignorant person dents whilst parked!!
Black leather interior.unmarked perfect
HK stereo/speaker package, 6 disc in dash.
Front and rear air con.
Front and rear heated seated.
7 useable seats, all with independent stereo controls,( bar the front passenger seat)jack plugs etc.
Bluetooth enabled.
Xenon lights, adaptive cornering lights also.
Heated windscreen, mirrors, rear screen.
Dark pack, tinted rear cabin glass , with aftermarket light tints on the two front windows to give a clean graduated look , rather than the stark contrast they normally have , with the dark to clear look.
Full genuine L/R rubber interior mats, including rear load space.
Loadspace cover.
Genuine L/R sidesteps
PTI phone prep
Sat nav, with European coverage.
4x4 in for screen enabled.
Terrain response.
HDC
Single plug towing electric socket.
Full size 19 HSE spare wheel , with unused pirelli scorpion tyre.

Led bulbs to replace sidelights, rear plate lights and interior lights, from Hiduk.

Things I have added in the last 3 months , which at the stated sale price will be included,( though if sold through the dealer network or webuyanycar.com they will be removed and the originals refitted).

New General Grabber AT tyres, from AJS tyres on the site.(done around 1800 miles so as new)
Mantec sump guard, powder coated gunmetal grey,nice contrast against the silver,and no corrosion issues as per the untreated bare alloy ones.
Genuine L/R front and rear mud flaps.
Just fitted, genuine Zermatt colour coded wheel arch spats, from TLO @ Yeovil L/R
Genuine Zermatt rear plate light housing/handle .
Just fitted last week, new front discs and pads, supplied by TLO @ Yeovil L/R
(New rear pads were fitted at 31,000 miles when serviced last.)
FBH remote Gsm set up, with external led to signify it's active, ring up the car from anywhere, and turn on the Fbh heater.
Completely hidden wiring,and sealed box for Gsm unit.
Brand new 950 amp land rover battery, 2 weeks old (@ a cost of £115.00)
New style land rover cup holder inserts, work as they should, unlike the crappy stepped units!!
Gearbox linkage mod/maintainence, as per the excellent thread on this site.
New Black land rover badges , front rear and all wheel centres.
Updated Bluetooth module (from Wiggs on this site) so syncs , and auto connects correctly , no problems anymore with my I phone, phone book etc displayed on dash, I will also leave in my custom I phone cradle and power lead , which is super neat and simple to use.
EGR blanking plates fitted when I first got it, intake stubs cut back, butterfly removed, nothing wrong with the valves , I just read up a lot and considered it future proofing , and hassle reducing.
New updated/revised front anti roll bar bushes fitted last week.
Permanent 12v to auxiliary sockets mod, again great little mod from this site.
Edit to add, just remembered.....
Smoked side repeaters .
New K&N panel filter

With regards the general condition of the vehicle , I would describe it as immaculate!!!
I am supremely anal almost to the extent of having OCD , I have always been the same with all my cars, every one of them.( which isnt particularly a good thing according to the wife!!)
When I first picked up e D3 ( mid November last year) I spent a good 15 hours clay barring the whole thing, including the wheels ( and spare)which were treated with poorboys and Blackfire sealant, then it was polished, and then a top coat of wax, ( all Black fire products) the engine bay was cleaned, actually under the covers as well, not just what you can see, then treated with Aerospace 303 Protectant , to stop corrosion forming, and to seal all electrics, plugs etc from water ingress and to bead water.
The underside and all visible metal was treated with Hammerite kurust treatment, it basically kills rust at source, then turns into a semi gloss black finish.
I did all the upper and lower suspension arms, nuts, bolts, chassis rails , rear diff and exhausts at the rear, so wherever you look, be it from behind, say if you were following in another car, or if stood looking into the arches, especially if in extended mode, there is no visible rust whatsoever.
Having viewed a few of these vehicles and seen pics of plenty of others, one thing that took the shine off for me ,was the obvious exposed rusty areas, which looked very unsightly.
All plastics have been treated with Poorboys trim treatment.
The whole leather interior has been treated with special leather clean to feed and keep it supple.
The steering wheel is perfect, no marks or stickiness, which some seem to have suffered from.
The seats are unmarked and no wear on the bolsters etc, thanks partly I think to the sidesteps.

Everything on the vehicle works perfectly, no issues no faults, the D3 has never caused me any grief or failed to do anything, there is nothing at all to do to it.
It had it's 40,000 mile service done at 31,000 miles , it doesn't need any tyres, no brake pads, discs, no repairs, no polishing or titivating , it is quite simply perfect and ready to roll, whatever the weather.
The tyres are more compliant/comfortable than the road orientated ones that were on, no obvious reduction in grip, cornering wise, barely any different with regards road noise, and probably good for another 30,000 miles.
All with the peace of mind that the tyres are one the best AT tyres on the market, should you decide to venture off road also.
The D3 is taxed for 6 months, just done, mot till march, certainly nothing will need doing then either.
It has full history, 2 former keepers, all paperwork,manuals etc, 2 x keys.
I have in my opinion got it exactly how I wanted it, with the various additions either aesthetic or functional for it to be just about perfect for any scenario, all in all it's a fantastic machine that I love to bits, but after much head scratching and soul searching , i am selling her and putting the funds towards a big big step for me, and going into business for myself after 20 years of employment.
The car currently has a personal plate on, which will be removed this week, so the V5 should be back with me in a week I hope.
The price is £24,500 firm, I haven't seen one like mine with as low miles on either piston heads or the trader for less, in fact they are selling for more money with more miles at a lot of places, and see are standard D3's with no extra,s fitted, and i can guarentee they wont be as clean, tidy as mine.
I am in no rush to sell as my ideas are just that at the mo, it is going on piston heads next week, and I have already had a very good price offered at wbac for a clean straightforward sale.
But then I would rather it went to an enthusiast, plus for a little time on my front, there is no point in giving them a good margin on a vehicle that should sell itself for them at the mo.
The pictures below are from when I first got her, as in, black arches and handle, no plate , tyres etc, and e. Some from last week , with the arches etc on, but too late in the day to get any decent shots, ten a few from e snow recently with the arches not yet fitted, but the Manteca, tyres etc are.
A site donation will be made if she is sold on here, any queries at all, please either pm me or call on 07930370220
Many thanks, Nick.

WHEN I FIRST GOT HER, WITH NO ARCHES,HANDLE ETC
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

ENGINE BAY AS IT IS NOW

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

FRONT INNER WHEELARCH

Click image to enlarge

More pictures available on request and when the weather is better, or sunday in reality as it's my first day off this week, thanks.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
 Procrastination is the thief of time!! 

Last edited by Windowlicker on 26th Jan 2011 8:35 pm. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #75172924th Jan 2011 9:13 pm
piecost76

United Kingdom 

Looks tip top - me like! Mr. Green

Thumbs Up
 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Defender 110 XS 

Post #75188825th Jan 2011 9:48 am
disco3wannabe

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Very very nice Thumbs Up

Post #75189625th Jan 2011 10:02 am
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up Nice on the front window tint what did you go for percentage wise , to keep it legal Thumbs Up
 2008 ,hse, it does what it says .  
Post #75193125th Jan 2011 11:41 am
Windowlicker

Thanks for the comments chaps Thumbs Up

With regards the window tints, I have looked for the invoice and can't find it!!
As I recall, the factory rear tints , as per BMW etc are all generally around a 20% figure, basically 0% being completely black, with virtually zero light transmission, the higher the number the lighter the tint,so 100% being clear glass, if that makes sense.
70% rings a bell, it really isn't that obvious, depending on the ambient light, more obvious on dull days,when looking from the inside out, rather than outside in, as there is always a dark interior background , as per the picture below from today, and again fairly obvious in the picture when it was snowing, if you look at the A pillar area in relation to the white of the snow.
Any decent tint place should be able to guide you correctly, especially in the legality stakes.
I just wanted a subtle graduation, not pimp daddy , footballer tints Laughing

A couple more pics from this afternoon, sorry for the poor quality , and the car was pristine this morning when I left for work, 30 miles of road film and it's got a layer of crap all over Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

TINT EXAMPLES

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

One of the Mantec plate, normally super shiny gloss look, again covered in road film Mad

Click image to enlarge

Thanks, Nick

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #75225825th Jan 2011 11:17 pm
Windowlicker

Forgot to mention in the ad, Embarassed It's the cheaper tax band, march 06 registered.
Cheers, Nick Thumbs Up
Post #75233926th Jan 2011 9:21 am
maddogsetc

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

How quickly are you wanting to sell it?

Post #75238026th Jan 2011 11:04 am
Windowlicker

maddogsetc wrote:
How quickly are you wanting to sell it?

Hi, not in a desperate rush so t speak, its just that there may be a property coming up for lease mid feb, so ideally i would like the option of moving on it if it does, so i guess in the next fortnight will be the ideal.
Going on pistonheads later this week.
why? what are you thinking?
Cheers, Nick Very Happy
Post #75244626th Jan 2011 12:47 pm
maddogsetc

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Quote:

Would be a replacement for SWMBO but we are thinking new tax year ideally. So probably won't work for you. Good luck though, looks great, maybe you can swap it for my slightly scruffy one Whistle

Post #75246426th Jan 2011 1:25 pm
TheChief

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

What a beauty.

I am afraid I am not in the market to change mine, but was wondering if I could book my motor in with you for a weekend for a bit of TLC Whistle

Post #75247526th Jan 2011 2:07 pm
Windowlicker

maddogsetc wrote:
Quote:

Would be a replacement for SWMBO but we are thinking new tax year ideally. So probably won't work for you. Good luck though, looks great, maybe you can swap it for my slightly scruffy one Whistle

A couple of weeks ago a swap may have been a possibilty, but I am after a straight salenow, sorry.
I am guessing the tax year end is April time? to late unfortunately, mileage would be a bit more, weather/Market would have changed= worth less, good for you bad for me, sorry.
Post #75251826th Jan 2011 3:34 pm
Windowlicker

TheChief wrote:
What a beauty.

I am afraid I am not in the market to change mine, but was wondering if I could book my motor in with you for a weekend for a bit of TLC Whistle

Laughing if I had time in life to apply my OCD to others vehicles I probably would, but I would probably get de-bagged by the wife if I took it on Shocked
sorry Sad
Post #75252126th Jan 2011 3:36 pm
gilmore

England 
Re: FS 2006 HSE Zermatt 36,000miles, Imaculate condition, Ex

Windowlicker wrote:
Hi there,
well, not just what you can see, then treated with Aerospace 303 Protestant , to stop corrosion forming, and to seal all electrics, plugs etc from water ingress and to bead water.

"No corrosion!!"

Whistle
regs
rob
 All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and are not necessarily those of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Land Rover Defender V8, 50th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes ML350CDI
HM Moto CRE300X
Honda CRF250X
1974 Honda CB750K4
1975 Honda CB750K5
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes) 

Post #75262126th Jan 2011 6:47 pm
Windowlicker

Re: FS 2006 HSE Zermatt 36,000miles, Imaculate condition, Ex

gilmore wrote:
Windowlicker wrote:
Hi there,
well, not just what you can see, then treated with Aerospace 303 Protestant , to stop corrosion forming, and to seal all electrics, plugs etc from water ingress and to bead water.

"No corrosion!!"

regs
rob

Whistle very observant sir Thumbs Up
Censored I pad predictive spelling!! I had actualy noticed it when it did it, but thought I had corrected it!
Obviously not
Brown star for your prize Laughing
Laughing
Post #75262926th Jan 2011 7:08 pm
Windowlicker

Just remembered.....
Stainless steel sill/door entry plates, Discovery etched in.
Fridge in centre console.
Thumbs Up
Post #75310027th Jan 2011 6:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >