Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

2005 discovery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
chino

2005 discovery

Im about to venture into the land rover world and would want some opinions of lr3 owners. Im about to buy a 2005 disco tdv6 thru private sale. Its almost brand new as it was imported from europe and brought to the philippines. It only has less than 100 kms on the odometer as it has been sitting on the importers showroom for quite a time. Is this model covered by any recalls? How about any reliability issues? Been reading different opinions and it gets confusing on whom to believe. Hope owners would give me some valuable info as the disco would cost me around 75k dollars as we have high import duties here. thanks and hope people out there can help!

Post #1462477th Apr 2007 3:49 pm
Andy4467

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I have a 2005 MY - no official recalls.
Had the enhancement program carried out and recently had a new clutch both with fantastic dealer service and support.
All in all a fantastic car that I am still very happy with.
I have been reading this forum since December 2005 - search my posts for my view of a 2005 car purchased new in Novemebr 2005. Thumbs Up
 Some say the glass is half full. Others that it is half empty. I say 'Are you drinking that?"

Cairns Blue, Ebony Leather, SE
BMW 320d M sport 

Post #1462587th Apr 2007 6:18 pm
DiscoStu

England 

The 2005 did have it's "glitches", but they should all be sorted by the enhancement program and maybe a compressor change. As long as the enhancement has been done it should be fine Very Happy
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #1462617th Apr 2007 7:09 pm
chino

2005 discovery

how many miles have you logged on your discovery? Would you happen to know if the diesel version is covered by the fuel tank replacement.? Did the software updates solve reliability issues?

Post #1462627th Apr 2007 7:12 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Chino, Mine is an 05, and has done 73000 miles. The enhancement program solved a lot of issues, mostly software and electrical. I have had a tailgate strut shear off, and since the original repair, I had to have it repaired again. I had a drivers seat base replaced due to loose mechanism, and my bonnet catch gave false bonnet open alarm. I have also had some suspension bushes and steering rack replaced due to knocking

The only on going issue I have is the park brake which has never worked for more than 10k miles.

So long as your local dealer is on the ball, then you should be ok. Once the car is 'enhanced' it should give years of good service.

My park brake is the only concern I have, it seems to be susceptible to water and mud ingress.

Post #1462697th Apr 2007 9:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >